Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Chris

Potato del Grande
Really want the Terra one as shes so versatile, 5* black magic/summon, ability that has chance to recharge black magic abilities each turn.
Terra sounds good for you good luck getting her crystal. What ability recharges black magic each turn? If it's the RM it doesn't do that, it's each time you spend stamina in the dungeon.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Terra sounds good for you good luck getting her crystal. What ability recharges black magic each turn? If it's the RM it doesn't do that, it's each time you spend stamina in the dungeon.
My bad, the description actually says "Chance to restore 1 black magic ability use at the start of battle." I swear I've seen it activate at least twice in a battle on several occasions, and regularly activates on first rounds.

I had 1 Memory 2 lode, no idea where it came from lol. Got Terra setup now.

Chris

Potato del Grande
My bad, the description actually says "Chance to restore 1 black magic ability use at the start of battle." I swear I've seen it activate at least twice in a battle on several occasions, and regularly activates on first rounds.

I had 1 Memory 2 lode, no idea where it came from lol. Got Terra setup now.
Black Mage has the same thing with a 100% chance, those kind of RMs are not very good though. They help clearing dungeons on low hones but useless on ultimate.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I finally beat my first U+ boss in the Galbanth event. I didn't even need to drawtaliate!

My team was :
Tifa
Zidane (burst)
Ramza (no shout still)
Auron
Porom

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Dissident is a joke when your A team is Cloud Ramza Cecil with shout/SSBs. I even have Y'Shtola's Medica. It's a welcome break!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Have to agree this event where you can bring a bunch of S+ tier characters with 100% synergy equipment no matter what they're wearing is ridiculous. White mage is the only slot I don't have available (since it's only Yshtola and mine's level 1). I'm going to try to use Terra as my white mage for the ultimates, since she's leveled and gets synergy bonus. Even though Terra isn't a true white mage, she has dramatically more stats, including mind, compared to my non-synergy Relm since she gets full synergy equipment and level bonus. A shared medica rod and curaga should be fine with almost 500 mind stat, and PCecil and WoL can handle the shell/protect since I have to bring both anyway.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I even managed to complete the entire event, only missed Master on Seph since I forgot to debuff his atk/def or something. Bartz and Terra were my only buffed ones, rest of team was Lenna, Zack, and Palom.

Like Terras other ability now that I have her up to 80. Kinda nice with her and bartz both triggering bonus attacks, even had it trigger on one of her burst abilities Chaos Fira.

Trying to decide who to uncap next, as I have another mem 2 crystal.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Trying to decide who to uncap next, as I have another mem 2 crystal.

Some recommendations on units to max even if you don't have one of their relics:

Ramza -- even without shout or tailwind, he's by far the strongest support 5 character. Best atk stat, wide range of equipment, and a very diverse skillset on top of support 5. His final record materia is also excellent (+50% soulbreak fillrate).

Vaan -- Similiar to Ramza, Vaan has support 4, along with excellent stats and equipment selection. Most teams generally want a support 5 for fullbreak and a breakdown, and a support 4 for one or both of the other breakdowns. Vaan can fill that roll easily. Also has thief 5 for thief's raid, but until his third level break, he can't break 170 speed except in FF12 realms or under burst mode.

Agrias -- A paladin unit that can bring protect or shell + a dps move. She also has one of the highest attack values in the game, along with combat 5, knight 5, and spellblade 4, so she can equip a huge range of very potent dps skills.

Celes -- She has excellent all around stats at level 80. She's by default a spellblade 5 (and next month knight 5), but something overlooked is that Celes can double as a pure black mage. She only has like 12 less magic score at level 80 compared to most of the mages, and she has black 4, along with full access to all mage equipment options. If you stick her in the back row with a rod, mage hat, a magic accessory, and some -ja spells, she can easily play pure mage at almost full power, with the benefit of being incredibly tanky. Eventually you may as well use a "real" mage, but early I had great benefit from a unit that could pull double duty on fights like that when I only had a small number of units leveled when MC2's were very scarce. Best spellblade dps record materia too.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Was thinking of Celes, I have her at 65, but no equip for her yet.

Never used Vann yet, but do have a SSB for him I believe, I'll look into that.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Why are you guys wasting Stamina on the event with Power / Wind / Black Orb Fest Running!?

Kidding aside (not really), finally got Power Chain to R3 and Bahamut to R3, so targets have been met for this Orb Fest! Next phase will be to restock on MNO for Chain Spells.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Why are you guys wasting Stamina on the event with Power / Wind / Black Orb Fest Running!?

You have to do it during orbfest or it closes, and skipping it misses out on a bunch of mythril, which means more refreshes!

So far for orbfest I've done 11 / 3 / 15 refreshes, and will probably do about 3-4 more refreshes before p3 is over (why so many wind orbs for both saint cross AND thiefs revenge). I crafted every single 4* skill I had on my wish list to rank 3 already, and I've changed my goals for this orbfest to just make rank 3 saints cross (from 0) and rank 2 thiefs revenge (from 0). Need 5 more major winds from this phase to cover it. Then I need.... 70 major holy orbs from the last phase. That's probably going to take 30+ refreshes, and I may settle for rank 2 st. cross instead, unsure.

Edit: Actually, the dissidia event could be postponed until after orbfest with 2 days remaining, but I'm too impatient for that!

Last edited:

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I haven't refreshed this Orbfest and I may not at all. Weekly Green Exchanges and refreshing oodles on old orbfests have carried me to R3 on all my 5* abilities. Chain -gas don't hold much interest to me. Maybe this is the sign of a true casual.

TG Cid Banner 1 is great. Will have to budget ~200 mythril for it on Global.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
No mem 2 crystal for Kefka? Can't find anything on it. Kinda sucks, was gonna swap him for Palom. Got a nice SB wand/harp for him months ago.

How are yas farming orbs in the orbfest out of curiosity? I'm finding that I get more Gigantaur spawns on heroic vs + , but probably RNG shenanigans.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
How are yas farming orbs in the orbfest out of curiosity? I'm finding that I get more Gigantaur spawns on heroic vs + , but probably RNG shenanigans.
I've been doing the highest one, but that's because I need the experience to level like 30+ characters for future cid missions as much as I need the orbs. First few days I was leveling units to about 77 to prep for cid missions, but recently I've been benching them after they hit about level 72, which should be good enough hopefully. Takes sooooo much exp to level in the upper 70's.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Good luck on those Holy Orbs. 70 is a lot for me but after reading that reddit thread of people doing like 100+ refreshes (one guy bought like 99 bucks worth of gems to refresh)... i'm sure it's achievable if you really want to lol.

Been slowly levelling CM people to ~72-75, I'll probably start Dissidia during Phase 4 and then try to level those Core's with upcoming RM2 - I do want Chain Blizzaja so I can wtfpwn Ifrit when he comes back.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anything good off this Choice Soul Breaks banner? Though of getting Rosa's dress for the protect/shell combo.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Anything good off this Choice Soul Breaks banner? Though of getting Rosa's dress for the protect/shell combo.

Honestly the best thing there is Ramza's Healing Armor, followed by the other Medicas (if you don't have any good ones). FF2 Dagger gives Haste + Shell which is nice if we ever get a FF2 CM, but that'd be quite a way down the line.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I need to check some numbers to see how feasible it is to run Ramza with both Shout and Tailwind using Lifesiphons + Ace Striker...

Chris

Potato del Grande
I need to check some numbers to see how feasible it is to run Ramza with both Shout and Tailwind using Lifesiphons + Ace Striker...
People say it is feasible. I dont think it is.

Firstly forget the Protega, you are casting Shout on turn 1 and SBs cast longer, so basically a turn 3 Protect... yeah you'll have your healer/paladin casting that turn 1.

Oh that turn 1 cast means NO ace striker by the way unless you want to take extra damage at the start of the fight: bosses don't always have weak phases and safe starts.

Next you are not bringing Ramza for DPS since he isn't casting damaging SBs, mine has my 4th best melee gear at all times. So those lifesiphons won't be hitting hard.

The whole point of Ramza is Support 5 so give him an extra break. Running that 40% heal is just causing you to have one less break, probably causing you to take that 40% damage! Your white mage with a good AoE heal can drop 75-100% heals.

I have hail of stones and I basically get 2 SB casts per fight and those are both Shout. It's rare I have a spare SB cast for hail of stones though it does happen so the relic does have a use, it's just an extra though not a main strategy.