Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
After this Aerith event is over I need to focus on finishing off my critical spells and abilities. Been pretty much ignoring that stuff and farming Magicite and buying up Summon Orbs and some 4* Orbs based on that one guys calculations. Then some XP dungeon and material, gil dungeons interspersed. Did a lot of the new content last night since it was pretty much STA free because of the gems. It's a pretty good infusion of stuff now to do.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
After this Aerith event is over I need to focus on finishing off my critical spells and abilities. Been pretty much ignoring that stuff and farming Magicite and buying up Summon Orbs and some 4* Orbs based on that one guys calculations. Then some XP dungeon and material, gil dungeons interspersed. Did a lot of the new content last night since it was pretty much STA free because of the gems. It's a pretty good infusion of stuff now to do.
Wait, what calculations? I should probably do that too... I'm farming stamina shards off the new dungeons now...

Chris

Potato del Grande
So fucking happy, just got Wakka's Ball. It's actually just what I wanted although a better Rydia Death Whip was tempting.

FUCK OFF TYRO. BYE.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
So I never used Wakka for shit and didn't pay attention; with his ball can he still do full damage from the back row? Or is it still halved?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Couldn't really find this on the Reddit page so thought I'd ask if anyone has a link or could provide a list for us... Trying to finish up the 'essential' skills and seeing what those would be. I have at least 1 copy of pretty much all the 2* stuff with the exception of the summons, but am interested to see what others consider critical skills. Status effects seem like top tier, especially Dark Attack, Poison, Silence, Power Break. I'm guessing with the new releases most of the -aga spells are good.

Anways, anyone have a good list?

edit: someone posted on Reddit that his ball defaulted him to front row unlike other ranged weapons. I didn't read that anyone had run the test yet though to see if it actually mattered

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm so pissed that I used my 11 pull about a week prior to this event. Naturally, I got jack shit. It was all 3s, except 1 4 cat claws.

In other news, if this UI doesn't get a serious overhaul very soon, I think I'm going to put the game on hold. Whoever had the moronic idea of using "scrolling" to navigate menus/sections is a colossal dipshit. I guess up, down, left, and right arrows were too simplistic..fuckers.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Did you try the force HW acceleration thing? Solved like 90% of that for me. Unless you just mean the generally shit quality of the layouts and not the lagging.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Did you try the force HW acceleration thing? Solved like 90% of that for me. Unless you just mean the generally shit quality of the layouts and not the lagging.
Yup. I play on my Nexus 7 (2013) and it made 0 appreciable difference in menu navigation.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Missed this, can you reference please? Never bothered me too much but fucking trying to spend 110k malachite about made me cut myself. I saved it for when I was driving home (safe I know right, bright side its 45 mile drive on a straight away with little traffic)

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
OK. I lied. I bought an 11 pull relic pack. I had $40 of credit on my iTunes account that I didn't know about so I decided to splurge.

Results were OK but not great. No 5 Stars. Three 3 Stars. Eight 4 Stars. A lot of the 4 Star gear were upgrades for me so it worked out but I won't be spending any more real money on the game unless the prices come way down.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Bought an 11 pull myself. Got one 5 star (Buster Sword), two 4 star armors, and the rest 3 stars. Feel okay about it and scratched that itch, so I won't be buying anything else for the foreseeable future.

Is anyone else trying to level people equally? I'm trying not have any favorites and just swap equipment and abilities around. The only thing is I'm not really leveling the generic classes (bard, ranger, etc.), except for White & Black Mage.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
I've found power break and armor break to be critical skills for every boss, get all the aga spells, they aren't necessary but obviously nicer to have, rydia still doing 6-8k dmg with her ara spells on weakness. Biora and water attack for the 4 fights that have those weaknesses.

Silence hasn't been a critical skill since aerith was added.

Double cut and charge have been my non spellblade goto skills and I've yet to die or have any trouble with any of the new elites and I've done all of ff6 ff1 and ff2 elites. I see no reason to believe the new ff4 elite will be any different as i already have all their weaknesses and have basically 2 rounded everything so far.

Per round damage:
Cloud: 3200, 6000 (weak)
Josef: 3200
Sephiroth: 3600
Rydia: 6000(weak), 3000
Aerith: 2000 (comet)
Total: 18,000-24,000 damage depending on weakness.

This is with synergy of course and weapons are only 3-4*.

For bosses without any weakness with armor break i see *slightly* less than a weakness boss fight.

Tldr: new elites have been a cake walk.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I've got 5 FF6 elites to go, and all the FF4 (8 total dungeons), from the newest stuff and they've all been incredibly easy. I basically drag Cyan through them to level up, and even with a basically useless character it's not hard. The only one that messed me up was Mobliz because apparently Poison Strike doesn't count for his weakness, so I'm running the damn thing over and over without winning. Finally read that Bio works and was annoyed (luckily it's the single fight).

Itdoeshelp that Sephiroth is 50 with Masamune, so I just limit break 9999 every boss. Also up to 69 stamina.

I still need to finish up the original content (FF4 - Baigan/Cagnazzo, FF5 - Magissa & Forza, FF6 - Magitek x3, Tunnel Armor, Vargas), which now having Cloud and Sephiroth at 50, and a few more 5* items, should be much easier. I have no clue how you have so many -aga spells. I haven't found enough Dark orbs to make shit.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I'm still pounding away at all the new classic dungeons. Holy crap did they add a lot. Not complaining though since I'm over 50 Stamina now and banked about 30 Mythril. I want to buy another 11 pull before the event ends that gives an increased chance. Ideally by the 29th so Aerith's Staff is also included in those increased odds.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah same here Angel. Then I need to work on leveling some other guys because right now it is still just my FFVII team in mid 40s with random others 20-30.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
I have no clue how you have so many -aga spells. I haven't found enough Dark orbs to make shit.
Take advantage of the daily orb dungeons, I've rarely done the aerith event but I did buy a few with what I had, didnt buy any summon orbs, the rest were from the daily orb dungeons.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Unfortunately black and power don't come in 3*+ versions from the Aerith event. Guess I'll have to wait until next Wednesday for black. The drop rate on them is shitty though (got 1 yesterday).

moontayle

Golden Squire
Finished the Classic dungeons. Made enough Mythril for an 11 pull and got Cloud's sword and a 5* robe. Plus three 4* items. Figure that's a decent haul, all things considered.

Now to start working on clearing the Elite dungeons. I'm still behind overall on that.