Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The high end content is simply too hard. That’s not, necessarily, a bad thing but there’s nothing in between faceroll easy and tough as nails hard. 6 star magicite, Dreambreakers, and White Odin simply are not fun. They’re extremely unforgiving and require precise setups to even attempt. The amount of crap that you need to overcome is absolutely ridiculous.

I honestly can’t believe that DeNA spends so many resources creating this content. I’m positive that a tiny fraction of the player base actually completes these fights. Obviously Reddit and discord are outliers because the more hardcore players gather there but these fights are simply out of reach for the average player.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
The high end content is simply too hard. That’s not, necessarily, a bad thing but there’s nothing in between faceroll easy and tough as nails hard. 6 star magicite, Dreambreakers, and White Odin simply are not fun. They’re extremely unforgiving and require precise setups to even attempt. The amount of crap that you need to overcome is absolutely ridiculous.

I honestly can’t believe that DeNA spends so many resources creating this content. I’m positive that a tiny fraction of the player base actually completes these fights. Obviously Reddit and discord are outliers because the more hardcore players gather there but these fights are simply out of reach for the average player.
Yeah it's the lack of inbetween content, I thi k they consider the rewards for partial clears to be that inbetween content, but that's not fun.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
The high end content is simply too hard.
I can knock out 5* magicites as a F2P (though I've been playing a loooong time) all under 25 secs and some I can do in like 13 secs.

I can't get an Odin below 50% and 6* I think I saw some black in the health bar!

It's just ridiculous. I realize it can be done and I admire the players that DO tackle all the content... it's a helluva dedication but for a free game for me to play on my tiny phone screen and try to plot out fights like a math problem? No thx~ Will need some serious power-creep before I push past where I am now progress wise, and I'm okay with that. It's not a race to be on top for me. I still find joy in the game on a base level.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Absolutely loving the double-time SB animation option! Those are honestly the biggest time vampires of the game, especially when you do auto-battles to farm.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If anyone's interested in getting into this and wants to buy my account, shoot me a PM. Haven't played it in about a year now but it's pretty up to date for that point. Tons of level 99 characters and weapons in the 8 or 9 star range, including most of the chase weapons for the Final Fantasy Tactics characters.

I don't even know what FFRK accounts are selling for, or how to determine the value of mine, but I do know that I've got at least $1500 worth of relic draws on my account from both mythril draws and paid draws. Make an offer, I suppose.

• 1WTF

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
If anyone's interested in getting into this and wants to buy my account, shoot me a PM. Haven't played it in about a year now but it's pretty up to date for that point. Tons of level 99 characters and weapons in the 8 or 9 star range, including most of the chase weapons for the Final Fantasy Tactics characters.

I don't even know what FFRK accounts are selling for, or how to determine the value of mine, but I do know that I've got at least $1500 worth of relic draws on my account from both mythril draws and paid draws. Make an offer, I suppose.

Worth $1500????!? To who?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Worth $1500????!? To who?

I didn't say it was worth $1500, I said I've got about that much worth of relic draws on the account. I assume FFRK accounts are worth a lot less, even moderately well-geared ones like mine. Regardless, if anyone wants to make an offer or see the wares PM me and I'll send screenshots. At this point I'll kinda be glad to be rid of the game since every so often I glance at it and want to fire it up again. Like Vanessa said, the newer fights are practically math problems and I don't have time for that.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Given power creep your account is worth about $10. Your account is already outdated. All your best relics aren't even the good tech anymore.

Anyone starting a new account will gain significantly more power because they spend the story mythril etc on current stuff, not old stuff.

The value from your account is from someone not wanting to play the game as a beginner and jump into midgame instead without the grind.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
There's definitely a hard ceiling on content you can beat if you're F2P.

FFRK is a GACHA game, after all................. it's finding happiness in that where the game is still great to me, and there are still whales out there funding the game obviously because their content just keeps coming out and it's GOOD shit. It's really a fantastic little game still, but I do feel the frustration of you guys too.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm pretty excited to get Aerith's sync in one of the anniversary pulls.
Are there any exceptional relics to pick up in the anniversary ticket thing?

Oh, I also only noticed just now that they added a wait function to the game. Between that and the sync pick up, it may motivate me to try harder stuff again.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Reinstalled for the wait feature. A bit lost on what to do first and what they added, I guess just do the time limited events.

How good are these Bahamut armours?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
You guys still play this? I quit for like 2-3 years but recently started a new account and have torn through content pretty quick. So much new shit tho. I'm to that annoying point where I just don't have enough relics to do all the 4* Magicites and Torments, still lots of mythril to farm in Realm dungeons but damn that's so boring haha.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
There's definitely a hard ceiling on content you can beat if you're F2P.

FFRK is a GACHA game, after all................. it's finding happiness in that where the game is still great to me, and there are still whales out there funding the game obviously because their content just keeps coming out and it's GOOD shit. It's really a fantastic little game still, but I do feel the frustration of you guys too.
I feel like you could go all F2P if you started over every once in awhile, after you hit the point where your relics are old but you don't have any mythril sources left. People get too attached to their stuff tho haha.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
You guys still play this?
Proud to say I quit and uninstalled this about 3 weeks ago. Was a big deal for me personally, but no other human could understand.

I was perpetually stuck on this kinda plateau wherein I either was steamrolling content or getting steamrolled, and maaaaybe once in awhile had something fun and challenging to do and I felt out of place with it all. A f2p person who has played for like 5 years and had sooooo many relics, options, cheeves conquered, and it all felt imbalanced at a certain point. That feeling stuck with me for months.

So this last Summer draw I was saving some Myth for some really sweet pulls and I dropped like 250 myth on pulls.

The game gave me a piece of shit, then something nice, then a dupe of the piece of shit, AND THEN another dupe of the piece of shit. I had one more pull to get something decent and I said to myself (I remember I was literally in bed) if I pull that same f00king dupe piece of shit relic, I'm uninstalling and never playing this game ever again.

I clicked.

I drew.

...you know what happened.

0 regrets :)

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
Proud to say I quit and uninstalled this about 3 weeks ago. Was a big deal for me personally, but no other human could understand.
I understand, it came out the week before I met my wife and used it to keep track of our first date anniversary.

It carried the torch of my love of the Franchise through the dark days of FF15. Luckily FF14 is saving the franchise so I can play a real FF game again.

But yeah I quit last year, it was taking the piss with how complicated the endgame fights were and how it took years to kill them.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
But yeah I quit last year, it was taking the piss with how complicated the endgame fights were and how it took years to kill them.
Right! It was stupid complicated... to the point of it being like... if you beat this endgame mob.............. you're not skilled, you're not elite, you're not oldschool... you're a robot following a set program to unimaginable nuance. That's how it felt to me. That's the antithesis of fun.

I could have gone online and found the exact sequence of inputs and relics to use at this specific time on this specific fight to beat this, but no... I played to destress, not upstress and that was what the endgame became.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If there are any autistic tryhards out there who feels like all phone games are kiddy and easy and below your standards, I implore you to play FFRK. You'll meet your match.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
As someone who hasn't played for a 2-3 years, Wait mode is a HUGE breath of fresh air

I'm also happy with how many possible options there are to stick with your favorite characters instead of being stuck using whatever relics you get. I have spent a bunch of Anima crystals on Mog, Elarra, Bartz, Celes, and Terra, and zero regrets haha. So fun blowing through content with nothing but my faves.

But yeah won't last sadly

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I still have this thread followed, but I also quit a while back, like a year ago or something?

I never liked the ATB battle system in this game. Prefer turned based. It was fine for a long time because you didn't have to have robot precision for timing inputs to win, but eventually the endgame moved to exactly that. One half millisecond delay on inputs and your 10 minute boss battle is over just like that.

Wait mode was supposed to fix that, but when I heard reports from JP that wait mode actively nerfed your teams by losing time on chains and stuff... that was the last straw for me. Uninstalled and haven't looked back.

Was a fun game for a few years though.

• 1Like