Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Citz

Silver Squire
I'm not sure how to beat Exdeath (level 99). His weak form just wrecks me with his double attacks (one shot Rinoa with shell). That and I would need to hone some more to keep the damage output high during the last 50%.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Same here. I might try it once or twice more with Carbuncle before it ends tomorrow but I've just been doing other stuff instead of beating my head against the wall.

Chris

Potato del Grande
How many layers of mitigation do you have?

Protect&Shell + Tyro/Y'Shtola RWs is standard for almost every fight, just make sure to rebuff them at 50%. You can also use Magic/Power Break(down) and Full Break for 4 layers of damage reduction if needed.

If your RW is wearing off, you can wait a few turns to cast the first one and just use healing and Protect/Shell to keep everyone up.

Carbuncle is GREAT if you can heal through reflect.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chris your post reminds me of something... do Protect/Shell stack with Sentinel Grimoire? Does it matter which one I act first or will SG overwrite the others or vice versa?

Do breakdown spells stack if I cast them multiple times?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Chris your post reminds me of something... do Protect/Shell stack with Sentinel Grimoire? Does it matter which one I act first or will SG overwrite the others or vice versa?

Buffs/Debuffs only stack if they do different things, multiple casts don't stack.

Protect is x2 DEF and Sentinel Grimore is something like 40% damage reduction, different buffs so they stack.
Power Breakdown is -40% ATK and Power Break is -30% ATK, same debuffs even with the different percentages so they don't stack.
Full Break is -30% ATK/MAG/DEF/RES and Armor Breakdown is -40% DEF, different buffs even if they share one effect so they stack.

Most fights just use 1) Protega/Shellga and 2) Sentinel Grimore/Thyrus. If you need more you can go a step further and use 3) Power/Magic Breakdown and 4) Full Break.
I usually renew 1) and 2) half way through the fight (through Protect/Shell last a bit longer and 3) and 4) every 3rd turn if I use them. I don't often use Power/Magic Breakdown though.

80% of my friends are Tyro or Y'Shtola RWs by the way, so I can always use them. Then I have a few Luneths.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i had 7 layers of mitigation going when i did the Exdeath (Ultimate) fight:

Shellga
Protectga
Stoneskin II
Power Break
Magic Breakdown
Full Break
Heroic Harmony RW (Mog's relic SB, Power+Magic break in one)

those all stack with each other. if i had the relics available i could have also thrown on more unique mitigation SBs like Hand of the Emperor (+Attack and +Defense) and Focus (+Magic and +Resistance), or Celes' straight +Resistance default SB.

mitigation is the key to doing well at the hard stuff in this game. before i got involved in reading the Reddit and other strategy stuff, i used to just bring Power and Magic Break and would blow through TWO fully honed Curagas while doing bosses, lol.

no, just refreshes the timer.

I usually renew 1) and 2) half way through the fight (through Protect/Shell last a bit longer and 3) and 4) every 3rd turn if I use them. I don't often use Power/Magic Breakdown though.
yeah, most of the fights are tuned so that two casts of Wall will get you through. i usually eye up the 50% point of the boss' HP bar. as for the Breaks/Breakdowns, they only need to be refreshed about once every three turns unhasted. Full Break lasts a bit longer i think, still getting a feel for its timer tho.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shellga, Protectga, Power Break, Magic Breakdown I bring to every fight. I don't have Full Break yet and don't know what Stoneskin II is. And then yeah I usually stack those with Sentinel Grimoire.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Stoneskin II and Sentinel's Grimoire are the same effect with two different names/graphics/users.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
yeah, most of the fights are tuned so that two casts of Wall will get you through. i usually eye up the 50% point of the boss' HP bar. as for the Breaks/Breakdowns, they only need to be refreshed about once every three turns unhasted. Full Break lasts a bit longer i think, still getting a feel for its timer tho.
Breaks will definitely drop if you do them 3 turns unhasted. You can squeeze actions between them from your other characters if you are using a -defense break, but you are running a risk of losing mitigation doing -dmg every 3 turns.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah just got exdeath down myself. had a clutch carbuncle at the end where i had my healer go down with about 30% left. stopped casting his AoE and just used single targets that got reflected back over and over again, and on top of that it covered all 3 elements to master the fight at the end.
just got him with Carbuncle. Healed up and used it about 30%. He still one shot Rinoa with vacuum before I could reapply Sentinel Grimoire.

starting to realize that I think it's my lack of good MAG weapons hurting me. If a boss doesn't have an elemental weakness, Rinoa and/or Rydia only do like 5-6k with Thundaja/Waterja/Fireja. Also, who is better BM than Rydia? She's 65 but I only brought her to Exdeath for Carbuncle.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Krile is also a whip black mage/summoner and I think has slightly higher stats than Rydia until Rydia gets lv80. Eventually the "main character" Black Mages get summon 5 too, like Rinoa, Terra and Ashe. Rydia actually has one of the highest magic stats from memory. Black Mage teams need highly honed spells and the gear to drop, don't worry about needing them. I sometimes slip one into my Retaliate teams if a boss has weaknesses, I'll likely be bringing Rydia to Ultimate Rubicante for example.

Managed to get Yunalesca first try today, the team I posted worked and only needed 2 casts of AoE heal. Was a little slow so the team could be improved with more double cuts. Dragoon's Determination lasted the whole fight expect maybe the last 10%, maybe I got lucky? She just spammed Osmose and drained my abilities but did little damage.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Yunalesca took me a few S/Ls to get. 3 times in a row she Counter-Silenced Yuna in the first 5 attacks. I had one attempt where she was at 10% but was in her super haste mode, had drained all of my abilities with Osmose and hit me with that AOE attack that can confuse your characters. 3 of mine got confused. I killed her the next attempt when she waited until Phase 3 to start spamming Osmose and I was able to get her down easily. I thought it was a much more RNG filled fight than Exdeath where clean execution was enough to get the win for me. Yunalesca I think is easier in some ways (less DEF and RES) but she has a number of ways that she can just fuck up the attempt.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I could be wrong but I think Draw Fire soaks up all of the counter status moves and Retaliate makes them miss (but you don't get a counter).

I had a panic at 5% with some confuses, luckily I took Y'Shtola over Selphie since I found out that her AoE Esuna doesn't cure Sap.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So I'm getting nowhere with the fights for the MC2s... I was going to go full retaliate, and then tried to do the mage meta, and now I'm realizing I don't think I have the skills/hones for either.

Is there a decent checklist of what I should be using?
I've got some decent 5* caster weapons (and a few decent casters, but I need to get them to 60ish yet).
I've got a few decent 5* swords/katanas (and a few decent supports/white-mages).
I'm missing a lot of the SSB stuff (only one, P.Cecil's).
I've got a couple unique SB items (Cyan, P.Cecil, Vivi, Garnet, Rinoa).
I've got a couple of shared SB items (Holiday shit, couple caster weapons).

Should I be focusing on mage meta long term? What should I be farming/creating/honing?
Should I do retaliate instead/in-the-mean-time? What should I be farming/creating/honing?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still have 2 Hero Souls left to use... who should I take? Firion, Ingus, Edward, Tellah, Fusoya, Golbez, Balthier, Ashe, Thancred, Warrior, Devout, Viking.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I still have 2 Hero Souls left to use... who should I take? Firion, Ingus, Edward, Tellah, Fusoya, Golbez, Balthier, Ashe, Thancred, Warrior, Devout, Viking.
Edward and Thancred. From what I remember of the reddit thread on this (that I can't seem to find now), Thancred hasn't been rereleased yet in JP nor has Edward. I could be wrong! Warrior also hasn't come back, so maybe skip Edward?

Chris

Potato del Grande
So I'm getting nowhere with the fights for the MC2s... I was going to go full retaliate, and then tried to do the mage meta, and now I'm realizing I don't think I have the skills/hones for either.

I've got some decent 5* caster weapons (and a few decent casters, but I need to get them to 60ish yet).
I've got a few decent 5* swords/katanas (and a few decent supports/white-mages).

Should I be focusing on mage meta long term? What should I be farming/creating/honing?
Should I do retaliate instead/in-the-mean-time? What should I be farming/creating/honing?
Focus on Retaliate Meta, you need less orbs and less gear. I'm a week 1 player and don't have the hones or weapons for Mage Meta, I tried it on Exdeath since I had synergy weapons but even though I was hitting 9999s I only had 3/5 hones so ran out of damage.

Get one team of Sam/WHM/WHM/Supp/Supp to lv65 then focus on first leveling notable characters which also fill these roles but can also do other things or you have SBs for, increasing the variety of abilities you can bring. For example Hope and Vanille can be your White Mages but also bring -aja spells, Selphie and Cecil can double cut. Wakka can use that halloween thrown weapon, Vaan and Faris can use Swords. Anyone with an AoE needs to be on your team.

Chris

Potato del Grande

Focus on Retaliate Meta, you need less orbs and less gear. I'm a week 1 player and don't have the hones or weapons for Mage Meta, I tried it on Exdeath since I had synergy weapons but even though I was hitting 9999s I only had 3/5 hones so ran out of damage.

Get one team of Sam/WHM/WHM/Supp/Supp to lv65 then focus on first leveling notable characters which also fill these roles but can also do other things or you have SBs for, increasing the variety of abilities you can bring. For example Hope and Vanille can be your White Mages but also bring -aja spells, Selphie and Cecil can double cut. Wakka can use that halloween thrown weapon, Vaan and Faris can use Swords. Anyone with an AoE needs to be on your team.

Edward and Thancred. From what I remember of the reddit thread on this (that I can't seem to find now), Thancred hasn't been rereleased yet in JP nor has Edward. I could be wrong! Warrior also hasn't come back, so maybe skip Edward?
FFRK - Event and Dungeon Dates - Google Sheets
We get Edward this week from a bonus quest. Most of those are either in dungeons right now or coming soon.

Thancred for sure, the other probably doesn't matter.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I could be wrong but I think Draw Fire soaks up all of the counter status moves and Retaliate makes them miss (but you don't get a counter).

I had a panic at 5% with some confuses, luckily I took Y'Shtola over Selphie since I found out that her AoE Esuna doesn't cure Sap.
Incidentally Lady Yuna ultimate is a little different than lvl 99 version. She doesn't have a guaranteed Megadeath cast and only has a fairly low chance of casting it in phase 3. You can use Kirin to clear sap and negate her main source of damage(holy) and tauntaliate the rest of her damage and as long as you have halfway decent damage output to kill her before she hits her 5% chance to cast Megadeath, she's cake.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Finished all of the Elites. This round wasn't too bad. None really gave me issues.

I wasn't super thrilled when I got Zidane's Butterfly Sword during SSB Celebration but after playing around a bit I love it. Zidane is a Thief and is capable of some crazy damage for those of us without a SSB. I go in with Steal Power and Tempo Flurry. In a synergy realm he's hitting for about 7.5 to 8k on a tempo flurry hit. Once I start to incorporate Leon into my groups for Hand of the Emperor or Mog with the Holy Lance I'll be hitting for 9,999 easily. His SB is "boring" being a straight 3 hit combo but it's got a very high multiplier so it's not hard to get 30K damage Soul Breaks. Butterfly Sword and Cecil's Mythgraven Blade are my first decent offensive SBs and they've completely changed the game for me (Mythgraven Blade wasn't bad before but we've been running into a few bosses where Holy isn't good and it has a lower attack multiplier than Zidane's Butterfly Sword). Bosses are much easier since they die so much faster.

I'm at 30 Mythril right now. I will not be pulling again before the next Super Soulbreak Celebration. If ours are similar to Japan's than we are looking at 3 SSBs and 5 Character specific relics per banner. Most speculation puts this at the end of March during the 1 year anniversary of the game so I've figured I'll have right around 300 Mythril at the beginning of the Celebration. Japan also got 50 Mythril handed to them just for logging on during the celebration and a couple extra from bonus daily logins. So I'm planning to go all out here trying to get a good SSB. I figure it's the best use of my Mythril right now.

We're likely to get Cloud's BSSB before the SSB Banners and I think that banner is a trap. Cloud's BSSB is, of course, awesome but the rest of the banner isn't very inspiring. Just seems like a potential Mythril sink with minimal returns if you don't pull the BSSB. Final Fantasy Tactics will also be releasing right around the Anniversary too and a lot of people over at Reddit are super hyped for it. It's a good banner with a lot of strong Relics but most people think they're going to do a pull or two and get Ramza's Platinum Sword SSB with Scream. It would be a great relic to have but, again, I'm just dumping everything I have on the SSB Banners unless I get really lucky early on.