Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Here's a thread for it, so we don't pollute other threads with it.

IOS and Google Play (I think?).
FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper for iPhone, iPad, Android

It's final fantasy meets brave frontier.

Edit:

Good Links!
Orb Locations- Orb location breakdown
Final Fantasy Record Keeper- Subreddit (it's actually good this time, I swear)
FFRK Weapon/Armor Drop Locations- Weapon/Armor drop locations
EXPStamRatios - Google Sheets- EXP/Stam ratios (Leveling)
Final Fantasy Record Keeper Ability List - Google Sheets- Giant Ability/Orb combo
[Newbie guide] Part 1: the startup : FFRecordKeeper

Farming:
Taloo_sl said:
To restart a level due to damage or abilities missing - Simply force close the app. No need to turn off wifi. When you open it again click okay and it will restart the fight from the beginning of the stage(3/3 for example).

To farm item drops from bosses - When you enter the level turn off wifi. Finish all stages and kill the boss. If the boss drops a chest turn wifi back on and let level complete. If boss does not drop the item then force close the app, turn wifi back on, and hit cancel. It will take you back to the level menu. Repeat until your item drops. Re-entering the stage will generate a new drop table. It costs stamina again but less than doing the entire scenario over and over obviously.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
3 min timer on stamina is nice!

I'm level 7, and realized that I can't just idle on turns, as they wiped out my black mage and my white mage while I was afk.
Seems alright so far. Biggest draw is OMG FINAL FANTASY. You get cloud right away (and can get tifa right now too).

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I liked it at first just cause it's pixels and final fantasy, but auto attack until every boss got kind of boring. I still play it once every few days but that's it. I'm not a phone/tablet gamer at all though so some people may love it.

I do like the interface, art, and music a lot.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I downloaded this today, haven't put in much time but it seems alright so far.

::EDIT:: The music is right in the nostalgia if nothing else.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I found out today that starting on level 30 of the Sephiroth tower you are not able to just load up 5 melees and auto your way though the battle which is good. The optimize function is a little wonky I think because it just takes the 5 higher level guys instead of making sure you have a healer, nuker, etc.

Hopefully they fix the UI lag soon cause that is the biggest fault so far. It is like when I played Brave Frontier and when into the town to make items and the phone just stalls. Same goes for any type of scrolling or non-battle presses.

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
Is it possible to roll a 5* item during after tutorial? Got a 3* sword, reroll?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Their menus are fucking horribly designed and the crafting system sucks... I'll play it for a while.
Yeah, I've found it a bit clunky. That said, it's pretty enjoyable so far.

Not sure what Ao means by saying he's level 7. I'm assuming character levels? If so I hit 7/8 on a bunch in just a few hours playing.

Saban_sl

shitlord
A great concept ruined utterly by terrible mobile gaming tropes like stamina and a whole list of other terrible ideas.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Well this is at least better than All The Bravest which was a horrible "game" if you can even call it that.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, I've found it a bit clunky. That said, it's pretty enjoyable so far.

Not sure what Ao means by saying he's level 7. I'm assuming character levels? If so I hit 7/8 on a bunch in just a few hours playing.
Yeah, my main party (it was about 20 minutes into the game that I created the thread).

Any big tips for this? What level can I try to get Tifa?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm about 15 right now and Tifa's is the next one up. I could probably go in now and clear it, but I'm going to do some gearing up first.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
got my wife hooked on this, she couldn't stop playing with all the fucking music playing. Fell asleep to zandarkand. i'm sticking with summoners war for now, i gots goals i can finally reach.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Is there a big $$$ component? I don't mind spending cash but I got into BF for abit and I'm like their target customer. Extremely busy individual who makes pretty great money and is about as competitive of a person as you will meet. Enter game....fuck this shit, I'm not waiting for 3 hours to play an arena game, /wave cash. I came late to BF and wanted to try and maximize my time to catch up so I was spending some stupid amounts of cash (and not doing it very effectively after I learned more) and also got in the habit of playing while I drove 45 miles to work (theres a good idea....)

So...I guess the stam limitation, is it that bad? BF was horrible especially when trying to get all the 1 day a week dungeons run to 5/6 tier your players etc. One day I did the math and I dropped like 500 bucks and was like holy fuck I quit major gaming outside of Smite to get away from this crap. I guess I shouldn't even download it but....its fucking FF!!! Can I go all BLM party ?!!?!?!? I remember in FF1 I sent in a photo of me beating FF w/ 4 White Mages for a Nintendo Power challenge and was so mad they showed someone else accomplishing it AFTER they had to have got mine. Bullshit

Chris

Potato del Grande
This is actually quite good at the moment though the difficulty curve is low (at Lv10).

Buying things isn't rammed down your throat and you get some "cash" for clearing the story, which is going to be never fucking ending with millions of future patches if it's ALL OF FF1-14. Seems like you just use the "cash" to roll for godlike items.

I need a gamefaq with a list of characters and base stats so I can plan my party :/

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
Is there a big $$$ component? I don't mind spending cash but I got into BF for abit and I'm like their target customer. Extremely busy individual who makes pretty great money and is about as competitive of a person as you will meet. Enter game....fuck this shit, I'm not waiting for 3 hours to play an arena game, /wave cash. I came late to BF and wanted to try and maximize my time to catch up so I was spending some stupid amounts of cash (and not doing it very effectively after I learned more) and also got in the habit of playing while I drove 45 miles to work (theres a good idea....)

So...I guess the stam limitation, is it that bad? BF was horrible especially when trying to get all the 1 day a week dungeons run to 5/6 tier your players etc. One day I did the math and I dropped like 500 bucks and was like holy fuck I quit major gaming outside of Smite to get away from this crap. I guess I shouldn't even download it but....its fucking FF!!! Can I go all BLM party ?!!?!?!? I remember in FF1 I sent in a photo of me beating FF w/ 4 White Mages for a Nintendo Power challenge and was so mad they showed someone else accomplishing it AFTER they had to have got mine. Bullshit
Cool story bro

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Look at items like you would characters. You rare summon for items which is what makes or breaks your teams in this one.

The characters are all single use, common to all players, and in a few weeks should all be max level.

You can upgrade any item twice (+ for the first, ++ the second). That means a 1* item can go to 3*(++), and a 5* rare summon one can go to 7*(++). In order to upgrade though, you need an exact copy of the same kind. So for the Masamune that's currently got a rate up (5* item), you'd need 3 to max it (1 to upgrade, and 2 to sacrifice). There's also a leveling component to items where you use fodder to increase its stats. Higher stars mean higher stats. So you can take your 1* staff and level it to 3/3, upgrade it to 2*+ and level it to 5/5 (it'll start at 3/5 on upgrade), and then level the 3*++ staff to 10 (it'll start at 5/10 after upgrade). You don't need to level the sacrificial items for upgrade purposes. Take your 3/3 staff and sacrifice the 1/3 staff.

So far I'm enjoying it a lot, but I think starting on a day with the armor upgrade daily up helped. Without an easy way to farm those, leveling gear sucks. That said, I had gil problems yesterday and one run of the normal dungeon netted me 24k I think.

Just finished getting Tifa with my team around lvl 17 (although I powerleveled Rydia in Fabul Castle to 20).

turbo

Molten Core Raider
So I got a few 5 star items to start, should I be putting my effort into getting them to max upgrade? With all my 1-3 star items, do you upgrade them higher to more effectively level your 5 star or do you just use everything at the level it is to upgrade your 5 star as gil permits? Also of the 4 items I have I don't see any with effects; do some get effects when you make 6-7 star with them eventually or just not a common thing to have effects on items?

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I got a few 5 star items to start, should I be putting my effort into getting them to max upgrade? With all my 1-3 star items, do you upgrade them higher to more effectively level your 5 star or do you just use everything at the level it is to upgrade your 5 star as gil permits? Also of the 4 items I have I don't see any with effects; do some get effects when you make 6-7 star with them eventually or just not a common thing to have effects on items?
I want to reroll after reading this comment. I'm 2 levels away from getting sephiroth and I have only gotten one 4* item from the rare relic draw machine thingy. Lame

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user