Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Friend code is 2jch so feel free to add me.

Been playing it from the start but just coming back and reinvigorated by the changes.

I have Cloud/Tidus/Wakka all above 50 and Seph/Terra/Kain/Cecil and a few in the 30's/40's.

I can auto anything on normal and do a tad bit more on bosses. Even a lot of the elites that way.

No amazing 5* stuff but some of it is decent. None of the big game changers like ball or grimoire though.

Just catching up on stamina right now before I really start optimizing. Sitting at 81 stamina now.
How'd you get Cloud above 50? I must have missed something.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The first FF13 dungeon (Gapra Whitewood), do the elite mode to get Cloud's memory crystal. Use it on a lvl 50 Cloud and the level limit goes to 65.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The first FF13 dungeon (Gapra Whitewood), do the elite mode to get Cloud's memory crystal. Use it on a lvl 50 Cloud and the level limit goes to 65.
Ah ok. Haven't got in to the new elites yet. Thanks!

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I normally go the traditional route of finishing all dungeons on classic and then moving on to Elite. But I did Cloud's Memory Crystal Elite as soon as it opened up to break his level cap.

My current team is Cloud with 6 Star Zankthingsword, Keeper with 5 Star Sentinel Grimoire, Tidus with 6 Star Danjuro, Garnet with 5 Star Storm Staff and Vivi with a combined 5 Star Rod (two 4 star rods combined to 5 star). I've been trying to pull a 5 Star Rod for Vivi but no luck at all. All characters are at least level 50.

I tried the very last Elite in Garnet's event and the Black Waltz smacked me around. After today's exp daily dungeon, I plan to go back and give it another try since everyone is much stronger than before. The EX Boss Rush doesn't sound too bad so I'd like to grab Carbuncle. I missed Valefor from the Tidus event but I can live with that.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I normally go the traditional route of finishing all dungeons on classic and then moving on to Elite. But I did Cloud's Memory Crystal Elite as soon as it opened up to break his level cap.

My current team is Cloud with 6 Star Zankthingsword, Keeper with 5 Star Sentinel Grimoire, Tidus with 6 Star Danjuro, Garnet with 5 Star Storm Staff and Vivi with a combined 5 Star Rod (two 4 star rods combined to 5 star). I've been trying to pull a 5 Star Rod for Vivi but no luck at all. All characters are at least level 50.

I tried the very last Elite in Garnet's event and the Black Waltz smacked me around. After today's exp daily dungeon, I plan to go back and give it another try since everyone is much stronger than before. The EX Boss Rush doesn't sound too bad so I'd like to grab Carbuncle. I missed Valefor from the Tidus event but I can live with that.
That's a really good lineup.

I got Valefor last night...it's Valefor. You're not really missing anything at your level, 1 round of 9999 isn't normally even worth loading. I'll probably get Carbuncle too just for completion sake.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, Valefor is just a round of non-elemental damage. That's a dime a dozen. Carbuncle though is worth going after since it's AOE Reflect. I saw someone on Reddit say "mandatory" for some JP events but Reddit tends to overestimate actual difficulty of the game and they have a tendency to over-prepare for things. Still though, it's a unique effect so it might be the basis of some strategies down the line.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Up to 57 sta, levels getting close to 30. I'm hooked.

Haven't gotten anything great on pulls. Using Icebrand 3*, Zantetsuken 5*, Fencing Sabre 5*++ (max iLvl), Hayate Bow 4*, and Blaze Whip 3* as weapons. I've got a few other 3* stuffs for synergy swapping, but also feel like I've got decent enough gears where synergy 1* and 2* items aren't worth it. Two diamond armor 4* and Crystal Helm 4* for my melee plus a Crusader mask 4*++.

Riding a lot of the free event abilities and then getting what I need for mastering an event, haven't honed anything yet. Eeked out Tidus' Memory Crystal before the event was over, and Wakka's was a breeze. EXP dungeon seems like shit, so been ignoring it. Grinding lots of main story with sprinkles of Vive/Garnett event - hope to be powerful enough to snag their Memory Crystals with little trouble; getting Tidus put a strain on my resources, so won't have the gil to combine/synergy my way like I did with that event.

I want to trade out Wakka, but don't have anyone to put in his spot - the gear I have leans towards Tidus (though that 4* bow isn't bad). Any recommendations? Using one spot for BLM (Rydia atm, might switch to Vive), Cloud for melee/spellsword goodness, Tyro as my whatever-needs-done/not-terrible-damage, and then Tidus/Wakka are my next best damage dealers.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Garnet event boss Rush was really easy. The hardest fight was the first actually. Steiner has a lot of hit points and you need to hold back for the rest of the bosses. But once I beat him in a fight I was happy with, the rest was a breeze.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah, easiest one so far. Tidus was MUCH harder. Managed to beat everything except the first proto boss rush (FF8 Parade Float) so just missing that useless Ice Ring.

Squall tomorrow!

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
My current group is 52 Tidus with Brotherhood, 50 Vanille with her staff as a healer, 50 (level broken) Cloud with Buster Sword, 50 (level broken) Vivi with 4 star Lightning Staff, 50 Kain with Heat Lance. I am thinking about replacing Kain with Squall when I get him as my base party, anyone know enough about their level 50+ stats to comment on this move? My group has been auto attacking through everything except bosses up to 65-70ish difficulty if I take a group heal as a roaming warrior.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
anyone know enough about their level 50+ stats to comment on this move?
Squall is basically a reskinned Cloud without Samurai powers (e.g., Ret).

Which is not at all bad. Depending on who/what items you have available to your team, might be the best character available.

Pooch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Man fuck that Dino to get squall memory crystal had the worst time on that guy. Finally was able to land a paralyze on him and get enough damage to get him before he got me.

Chris

Potato del Grande
My current group is 52 Tidus with Brotherhood, 50 Vanille with her staff as a healer, 50 (level broken) Cloud with Buster Sword, 50 (level broken) Vivi with 4 star Lightning Staff, 50 Kain with Heat Lance. I am thinking about replacing Kain with Squall when I get him as my base party, anyone know enough about their level 50+ stats to comment on this move? My group has been auto attacking through everything except bosses up to 65-70ish difficulty if I take a group heal as a roaming warrior.
With your gear I would be running:
Cloud/Tidus/Vanille/Squall/Irvine
Stats are overshadowed by gear and realm synergy.

I would swap Squall for Kain once the event is over, unless you have another 5* Sword (Zantetsuken?) which would make Squall clearly better because more Spellblades.

Why am I suggesting fucking Irvine with likely a shitty dagger (well bounce it off retaliate anyways)? He can cast Protect which is the key to VIT0, since you have Vanille's Deprotega Staff you can execute this strategy very easily with a Tyro friend summon protecting you while you set it up. You CAN put Protect on your healer but I find that you can't waste 2 healer turns setting up VIT0, you won't have Tyro up for every boss in a boss rush so you'll die. Paladin Cecil can replace Irvine for the same task once the event is over.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
It's an easy choice for me since I have both of Keeper's books but I really like him in my party as the jack of all trades. His melee sucks but being able to put any ability on him is huge. Especially those abilities that you use for one, specific, fight and then throw back in the closet. It's also nice having sentinel on demand but that takes a ton of luck.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Booya. Single draw.
rrr_img_100880.jpg

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The current Boss Rush (Squall's Event) is MUCH tougher than Garnet's. I can't compare it to the Tidus Boss Rush since I never attempted it. The biggest problem (for me) is that there are only 4 bosses but each boss requires a completely different strategy to defeat. That means I'm going in with a lot of abilities that are used for one specific encounter but otherwise are just sitting there taking up slots.

Right now I'm waiting on Stamina refreshing but I've beat the first and second bosses. I have Intimidate honed to give me 4 chances and unfortunately I missed on the last use of it so the T-Rex got a Tail Swipe in just as I killed him. So I'm going into the oil blob bosses at less health than I'd like. If I can get through them though, the last boss is easy to cheese. I've missed Mastery on the two fights so getting the Mastery rewards has gone out the window for me. But all I care about is getting the free Levithan.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Beat the Boss Rush on release day for the first time. If you can't beat this then do it on the last 1-2 days of the event, you can use the stuff from the next event to help you.

1) The adds don't seem to have much HP so isn't too tough. I used Tyro RW here but I think I could have done it with Protectaga/Power Break instead, farmed up my Limit Breaks here.
2) Tyro RW and VIT0 to death since I'm lucky to have Wakka Ball. I did this the fair way in the Rinoa event using Blind and you have Power Break too.
3) Cast Sleep Buster on one and had to keep healing the damage of the other. VIT0 one of them and did the other normally. Retaliate is needed to avoid counter attacks.
4) Use Carbuncle to reflect all but one attack, I suggest honing it as I almost died when my one Reflect was dispelled (would have run out anyway I think). I used VIT0 here too but one wasn't enough so this was very close.

Team (Bolded abilities are for VIT0):
Cloud:Retaliate/Fira Strike
Garnet:Curaga/Carbuncle
Wakka:Wrath/Sleep Buster (Official Ball)
Squall:Double Cut/Protect
Irvine:Double Cut/Protect
Tyro RW

Without VIT0 I would suggest something like (Bolded abilities are REQUIRED):
Cloud:Retaliate/Power Break
Garnet:Curaga/Protectaga
Wakka/Tidus:Blind Buster/Sleep Buster
Squall/Irvine:Double Cut/Armor Break
Rydia:Firaga/Carbuncle
Tyro RW