Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Kintun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok, I try to put a series specific soulbreal on my RW, but I have nothing useful for FFIX. I can put up Y'shrill with SS2 or Medica, or Garnet with her Ramuh SB. Preferences?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
probably Y'shtola, tho i haven't looked at the bonus battles for this event yet... might be some odd medal requirements that would make other RWs more useful

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Ok, I try to put a series specific soulbreal on my RW, but I have nothing useful for FFIX. I can put up Y'shrill with SS2 or Medica, or Garnet with her Ramuh SB. Preferences?
Your best RW, from those listed, is Y'shtola with SS2 and you probably should just leave it there. There might be others that get more uses but they aren't as needed as SS2. When someone is doing difficult content they NEED SS2 if they don't have their own. Other RWs are just luxuries.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Yeah Beatrix is as much a pain in the ass as advertised. The thing that makes her so hard is the combination of Seiken Shock Break and Climhazzard. Seiken Stock Break saps everyone and seems to be scripted at around 50% and 15%. Climhazzard drops everyone to 1 hitpoint and is scripted to hit at 75% and 25%. It's important to note that these are not automatic attacks. Her AI is just scripted to check her HP level and if it's at the required percent or lower her next attack will be the listed attack. So she doesn't ignore charge gauges or anything like that.

So the way to go about the fight, if you're doing it legitimately, is to treat her similar to a World of Warcraft raid boss. The whole idea is controlled damage and you do not push a phase until you are absolutely ready. Her first phase isn't dangerous at all so you use this time to build SB gauges. I don't recommend setting up too much mitigation until you're ready to push her to 75% health. I view this as the point of no return. Once you get her to use her first Climhazzard it's a controlled race to get her dead before she wipes you and you're not going to have many actions to spare on getting mitigation reapplied. At 50% she hits you with Seiken Stock Break which does quite a bit of damage but, more importantly, Saps your part. If you still have Sap on your group at 25% you lose automatically. So you need to use a group regen ability (Memento of Prayer or Kirin are ideal here) to remove the Sap. I had hoped to rely on Yuna's Hymn of the Fayth but I just don't have the SB gauges to pull that off. At this point she gets VERY dangerous and starts to use really hard hitting abilities like Holy. So now you need to finish the fight as soon as possible. At 25% comes Climhazzard number 2. Ideally you need to time this so you have a group cure already casting when she hits you with this because she starts to go very fast. She's also going to use a Seiken Stock Break again and I'm thinking the best way to deal with this is to just try and kill her before she gets it off using Soul Breaks and going all out on damage.

I managed to beat her but didn't Master the fight yet. The 2nd Seiken Stock Break killed 4 out of my 5 characters when she was at 1% health and my last remaining character hit her immediately after. I'm going to try and Master the fight tomorrow for the extra Major Orbs but I'm relieved I actually did beat her for now.

There's a way to cheese her with 5 characters using Retaliate but I'm not planning on doing that.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
As a separate topic, for giggles I started up a Japan account using an Android Emulator on my PC. It's amazing how much "stuff" Japan gets compared to Global. I logged in and immediately had 40 Mythril, a bunch of Rosetta Stones, and a some Growth Eggs.

Right now on Japan they have Abyss Dungeons (which we'll be getting in the next month or so). Each Abyss Dungeon is themed around a certain skillset. The first one is Black Magic. So the way it works is that anyone who has 5 star Black Magic gets Character Synergy and Relic Synergy for the final boss. Most bosses require you to hit them with that dungeon's themes abilities. The current Japan Abyss Dungeon is focused on Support skills. The first Abyss (Black Magic) didn't get one but since that one each Abyss Dungeon has a Lucky Draw associated with it. You can only do the draw once but it only costs 25 Mythril and any 5 star Relic drawn is guaranteed to be a Character Relic for someone who has the ability to use rank 5 of the Dungeon's skill. So right now being Support you can draw things like Sazh's Vega 42's, Red XIII's pins and, the grand prize, Ramza's Platinum Sword with Scream (Attack +50% and Hastega).

So... With 40 Mythril and the Lucky Draw costing 25 Mythril your very first draw can be from the Abyss Lucky Draw. I rerolled 13 times until I landed Ramza's Platinum Sword (it was my only 5 star but it was the only one I wanted on this account). Today they released a new event centered around Sephiroth and I did my second 11x pull here and pulled 2 character relics (A rod for Aerith and Cid's Partisan) and a generic 5 star Dagger with stats better than what most of Global's stuff since we're 6 months behind. Between that pull and all of my rerolls going for Scream it's amazing what a difference their Rolling Gacha makes. I had very few pulls with no 5 star relics and most gave me one or two. My best pull was Sazh's Vega 42's, Setzer's Darts and a Bow for Faris. I thought really hard before rerolling that account since my goal was to start with Platinum Sword to see what all the fuss was about.

I doubt I'll put much time or effort into the account. Even being showered with 5 stars (you get a free 5 star Golden Sword identical to ours for a very easy quest as well) it still takes a ton of time to catch up gathering characters, memory crystals, upgrading / combining equipment and crafting / honing abilities. Hell I had two decent 3 star rods that I decided would be good to combine and it took me forever just to gather the 20K gil to do so. But it's neat to see what they get. They get SO much Mythril it's ridiculous. Today for some reason I logged in and had 5 free Mythril and they have two extra daily login bonuses going on as well for more stuff. It's crazy.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Yeah, U Beatrix is a very technical fight. Really fun. Mastered her on 60 stam, but it took a lot of Save/Loads to get the kinks worked out of my strategy. What I really liked was that outside of a couple attempts where she got Shock happy in phase 1, my S/Ls felt like it was me needed to improve vs. getting boned by RNG. It's as Angelwatch says, you really need to know and be prepped for the times you are going to push her into a new phase.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
can't manage to get the mastery on that Beatrix fight. tried several different ways now, including a few versions of the 5-man retaliate strategy. just couldn't get it done.

i cleared it at least
smile.png

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I used:
Cloud - Retaliate/Lifesiphon BSSB Dragoons Det RM
Steiner - Banish Strike/Armor Strike (SB/RM doesn't matter)
Eiko - Reflect/Kirin, no SB, double hit RM
Nanaki - Full Break/Double Cut, prot+haste SB, makos might
Yuna - curaga/boost, medica RM, mogs teaching
Wall RW

Basically you use dispel and reflect to neuter her damage in phase 3 while you set up for phase 4. Red's double cut was hardly used as I actually just attacked for no dmg with him to build enough for a 2nd SB.

You have to have a way to get haste+wall+medica. I don't see how this fight is possible without it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Mastered it, but it's hard!

Cloud - Retaliate & Power Break (Dragoon's Determination RM)
Y'Shtola - Boost & Shellga (with AoE Cura soul break and 1 gauge charged via RM)
Eiko - Curaja & Kirin (with AoE Cura&Haste soul break and 1 gauge charged via RM)
Paladin Cecil - Armor Strike & Protect (with normal attack turned into Holy damage with Warrior of Light RM)
Wakka - Full Break & Armor Breakdown (Ace Striker RM to charge Status Reels)

If you click your AoE heal exactly when Climhazzard happens, it'll go off before the next attack. The last 25% felt like it went on forever and needed a 3rd cast and 4th cast of AoE heal to cope with the damage.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
5 retaliate cheese all the way. Would have one shot her but she got off a good stock break at low enough HP I couldn't even see her bar. 2nd try crushed it like it was nothing. I may have gotten lucky but I really doubt it.

Auron: Double Cut / Retaliate / Light's Wrath (for holy req)
Tyro: Boost / Retaliate / Double Hit
Gilgamesh: Armor Strike / Retaliate / Auto-Haste
Sephiroth: Double Cut / Retaliate / Winning Spirit (critical: haste is more damage than auto-haste for this fight)
Cloud: Tempo Flurry / Retaliate / Untapped Power (tons of attack after first climhazzard)
RW: Luneth Advance

Turn 1 = 5x retaliate
Turn 2 = Auron attack for holy requirement, Tyro boost Cloud, Gilgamesh Armor Strike, Sephiroth double cut Cloud, Cloud Advance
Turn 3+ = Go nuts multi-swinging at Cloud until she dies (probably need to refresh retaliate on everyone around the 50% mark to be safe)

Just need to get a little lucky with her AE attacks at the end. Can still master with 1 dead so as long as she sticks to holy shock or missed stock breaks you'll be fine. As long as you have 1 FF9 synergy weapon she shouldn't get off more than 1 attack in that last phase. Easiest ultimate fight by far since they allowed the cheese option. Difficult (and probably much more fun) to do it the real way but I generally take the path of least resistance. For example, I advantaliate everything with this beast of a team:

80 Lenna: R5 Curaja / R3 Protectga / Double Hit / Shared SB Medica (or default group regen situationally)
80 Tyro: R5 Tempo Flurry / R5 Boost / Mako's Might / Sentinel's Grimoire
65 Sazh: R5 Double Cut / R3 Full Break / Dr. Mog's Teachings / Boon
65 Celes: R5 Double Cut / R5 Drain Strike (or mastery condition) / Ace Striker / Runic Blade
80 Cloud: R5 Tempo Flurry / R5 Retaliate / Dragoon's Determination / Default
RW: Advance

Turn 1 = Protectga, Wall, Shellga, Hastega, Runic, Advance
Turn 2 = Double Hit, Boost, Full Break, Mastery Condition, Retaliate
Turn 3+ = 10 swings from Cloud with boost/advance/armor break = 100k damage per turn

I'm fairly confident no other build can put out as much damage while retaining all this mitigation. The only thing that does more damage is SSB/BSSB meta but then you're forced to go relatively glass cannon on mitigation. Also, Celes' Runic is hilariously broken on about 30-40% of bosses. So I would have to go out of my way to force difficulty into the game and I'm ok with not doing that. The nostalgia is just as strong and that's what this game is really about. Hell, cheesing ultra-difficult bosses only brings back the nostalgia harder. FF6 Genji Glove / Offering, FF7 8x Knights of the Round, etc.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I started turning 5* orbs into 2*/3*s to max out useful abilities at those rarities easily, then I was going to do the same with 4* since the only 5* ability actually worthwhile is Full Break and MAYBE Odin if we get Death vulnerable bosses/adds again (Better to have all elemental -aja attacks at r4 than same amount of orbs giving one r2 or r3 Flare for example, you do more damage that way)

Ran out of money after maxing all the 3*s and going for my 5th Retaliate. I had millions and millions :/

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I eventually got around to Mastering the Beatrix fight. I really enjoyed it actually. For once it was a very well thought out and well designed fight. But it was difficult.

Tomorrow's Ultimate is supposed to be just as hard but in different ways. Beatrix has a ton of AOE attacks that will wipe you out quickly if you don't do the fight correctly. Vossler, the XII Ultimate, sounds like it's all about keeping mitigation up otherwise he's going to one shot each of your characters one at a time. The other issue with him is that his Mastery conditions are pretty annoying so you need to figure out a good party composition and incorporate those abilities into it to get Mastery. My XII synergy isn't bad so I'm looking forward to it. The 5 star accessory is great. It's a XII realm Attack +30 item. So with synergy it'll be around 40 or 45 attack and even without synergy it's the highest pure attack accessory in a neutral realm.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Oh boy...

I've got two weeks to burn through useless egg quests and mull over crafting Flare Strike and Mug Time(*shudder) to be a quest completionist.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i need to learn to save mythril. i keep getting bored and doing single pulls. just netted myself three more VI synergy 3*s lol.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Vossler was very easy for me. He didn't live up to the hype at all.

The short version is that mitigation is key to this fight. Wall (take it as a Roaming Warrior if needed), Full Break, Steal Power and Protectga and Vossler will hit like a wet noodle.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Anyone else feel like the Relic draws since the New Year have been actively fucking you over? I've gotten one shitty non-unique 5* (FFVII) dagger out 6 pulls of 11x draws...

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, that sucks, I haven't gotten any 5*'s my last two or three pulls myself, but I think I got 3 the time before that, nothing special, but at least it was something. Everytime I do an 11 pull and get nothing it reminds me why I don't spend cash on this game and kind of regret that one time I did throw 10 bucks at the game to support it. Should really be a guaranteed 5* in every 11x pull.