Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hit the 500 item cap, so sold all my 3* gear (even the stuff combined to 5*) unless it had element+ or element resist. Down to ~300 now.

100 gem pulls just feel bad now, maybe I should stop.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Been loving my new team with the new relics. I was kind of stalled out in the story dungeons for a long time, but now I'm crushing them in a few turns per boss. It's awesome. I want to make a lot of new abilities, but have no where near enough orbs. I keep reading about some orb fest which may or may not be coming at some undetermined date, but aside from that, is there any good way to get orbs? I run the 90 energy dungeon most days, but it's like 90 energy for maybe 3-4 greater orbs and a few regular orbs per run. Going to take forever to hone my abilities if that's really the only way to get the orbs I need.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
how much stamina do you have? asking so i can get a roundabout guess for how far you are through the story dungeons.

its another point where opinions vary, but IMO its not worth running dailies until you're pretty much done with all the story dungeons. with an exception for Sunday if your A Team isn't 80 yet, and maybe Tuesday since Black and Power orbs are in pretty high demand early on. otherwise, seems to me that running story dungeons is the best way to use up stamina.

and i'm glad you're enjoying your new toys
smile.png
told you it would feel like a whole new game after you finally got to dump all your mythril!

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
how much stamina do you have? asking so i can get a roundabout guess for how far you are through the story dungeons.

its another point where opinions vary, but IMO its not worth running dailies until you're pretty much done with all the story dungeons. with an exception for Sunday if your A Team isn't 80 yet, and maybe Tuesday since Black and Power orbs are in pretty high demand early on. otherwise, seems to me that running story dungeons is the best way to use up stamina.

and i'm glad you're enjoying your new toys
smile.png
told you it would feel like a whole new game after you finally got to dump all your mythril!
I'm at 130 stamina now, so I'm starting to look at team comp and figuring out what I start honing.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
My stamina's 124 I think. Suppose I'll put the daily dungeons on hold for a while and try to knock out as much story as I can.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i didn't really start doing dailies until i maxxed out my stamina, but IDK if that was the best way to go about it...

and that was easier for me (keeping my max stamina capped) since the first time i hit the cap, the cap was like 90.

i still don't have a single BSB btw. somehow.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Managed to take down my first ever ultimate boss (ifrit from the ff14 event). Ran out of abilities on some of my units towards the end, so I definitely need to work on getting my hones up. I'd like some more life siphons too, since I was able to use Agrias's limit break I think 3 times in the fight (she has my only life siphon) while the rest of the team only got to limit once. Even so, I scored a perfect 18 of 18 on the medal rankings!

Video of my fight:

Edit: Titan ultimate+ beaten too! Had to use a lot of growth eggs to level people to beat his heart in time though.

Kintun

Lord Nagafen Raider
To answer pharmakos: I've got 163 stamina, my A-Team consists of:

Ramza: Shout;
Beatrix: Seiken Shock; and
Y'Shtola; SS2, Medica2.

Depending on the boss the others are a mix of:
Yuffie: Clear Tranquil;
Lightning: Crushing Blow;
Agrias: Hallowed Bolt, Cleansing Strike;
Arc: Renewing Rains; and
Celes: Indomitable Blade.

Gear will be RS weapons if I have them, have two Platinum Shields for Holy, Agrias's shield for Lightning. Skills depend on fight.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Apparently FF7 Cid Missions are bugged now if you want to complete it for the extra rewards.
Yeah I was able to master both theturksandsephirothfights using only one FF7 character, and afterwards I could claim both cid rewards.

So we've been getting the new mote stuff for a while, but I haven't spent any at all. How are most of you using the motes? Saving them up for something special, or just spending them as they come in? Two members of my core team (Cloud and Vaan) have the record dive stuff unlocked, and I was considering dumping them all into Cloud. Wasn't sure if maybe there was a reason I should hold off.

Chris

Potato del Grande
No reason to hold off, apparently you start getting 100s of 3* motes eventually.

Putting them all on cloud since I have his BSB and want Knight on him eventually.

Kintun

Lord Nagafen Raider
I used them all on Yuffie, mostly for the reason Chris stated regarding how common the 3* motes will be.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I still love this game but I'm not happy with the direction it's going. Events are really drying up and getting spaced further and further apart. Months ago we would get a new event every 6 days. Recently it was 7 days with the reset Monday night. Now we are at 8 days between events. They are also spacing out Dungeon Updates to about 6 weeks. Finally we didn't get an Orbfest for the BSB celebration that Japan did.

Take all of those things together and its lost a lot of charm. I can burn through all of my stamina in less than 20 minutes over the course of the day and don't have anything to look forward to except another round of daily dungeons.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, especially the lack of story dungeon updates is a bummer for me. Was my favorite part of this game... Used to get two updates a month, now we get two updates every three months.

Starting an alt account has helped satisfy this itch a bit but not as much as I would like.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm just getting back into things after about two months of just logging in daily and doing events up to the 99 difficulty dungeon and then stopping. Didn't feel like optimizing or anything. Now the past week or so I've been playing non stop again... Maybe because I'm on vacation and have some time to kill, who knows. But it's fun again after being bored as fuck for a couple months.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well you're in the very small minority angelwatch as you've had to put in hundreds of hours into this game and that just isn't something many people are willing to do. As someone who plays this "casually" (and I use quotation marks because I've probably put close to, if not 100 hours myself) I barely keep up with the events and thats not even including the ultimates. I haven't done a story mode dungeon in months and I never caught up to the end to begin with so I'm probably not even half way through the elite dungeons either.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I'm personally fine with some space between events. Sometimes it's just too much at once. I finally got around to actually finishing all the classic dungeons and can work on clearing the leftover elites I haven't done yet. It'd be nice to get a little time to just have a couple days where I can just pop on, do the ++ daily and spend all my stam real quick and feel "accomplished" for a bit.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'm looking forward to the banner tomorrow. Have enough to do 2x 11 pulls, though I may only go once, depending what I get. I mostly want Edward's Harp since it's a key item for building a mage team, and it would work wonderfully on Ramza when I need to do a ranged setup. Kain's lance would be good since I have no spears at all, and dragoons get some love this patch. PCecil's sword would be nice just because it's overpowered, but it won't bring anything unique to what I already have available. I don't want more generic swords or katanas (edge and dcecil relics). Rosa's bow would be nice because I have no bows at all, though I have a superior medica already (Relm).

Speaking of mage teams, I have like no black magic crafted or honed at all. Should I start working on that, or can I beat most or all of the content using physical setups? Mostly talking about the later elite dungeons, since I'm getting close to finishing the classic stuff and will be starting elites soon. The classic dungeons where you can't use melee I've been cheesing by doing the retaliate stuff on Tyro with a gun, but Tyro's damage sucks, and is even worse when trying to do it with retaliate, so I'm not sure if that's going to work with range only high end elites.