Final Fantasy VII Remake

Goonsquad Officer
The game on steam, fellseal arbiters mark felt like a ff tactics spiritual successor. Story isn't as good but the clases and character growth felt good. Like old tactics

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
So I beat this on ps4 amd bought a ps5 a while back. Today I decided to download FF7R on it to find out my game saves are not on ps5 and I dont own a ps4 anymore.

if I borrow a ps4 and log into it will my ps4 saves download onto that system that I can later upload off of it?

the PS5 uses the same cloud as PS4, did you not have PS+ when you owned a PS4? Cloud saves only happen with PS+, so if you didn't have PS+ when you owned a PS4 it wouldn't be on the Sony PS+ cloud.

You may need to go to the upload/download saves option for FF7R (PS4 version) on your PS5, and "download" saves from the cloud - its not always automatic - then run the old game, upload your save to Squares cloud (DIFFERENT from PS+ cloud), then run the new Intergrade PS5 only edition (not released for another 2 days) and download your save from the Square cloud.

its kinda weird and complicated to explain

• 1Mother of God

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The game on steam, fellseal arbiters mark felt like a ff tactics spiritual successor. Story isn't as good but the clases and character growth felt good. Like old tactics
Yep. This has been the only game since FFT/Ogre Tactics to feel like FFT/Ovre Tactics. The story was generic but fine. Graphics weren’t the best but fine. The gameplay and class system really shines though. I hope there is a sequel some day.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
the PS5 uses the same cloud as PS4, did you not have PS+ when you owned a PS4? Cloud saves only happen with PS+, so if you didn't have PS+ when you owned a PS4 it wouldn't be on the Sony PS+ cloud.

You may need to go to the upload/download saves option for FF7R (PS4 version) on your PS5, and "download" saves from the cloud - its not always automatic - then run the old game, upload your save to Squares cloud (DIFFERENT from PS+ cloud), then run the new Intergrade PS5 only edition (not released for another 2 days) and download your save from the Square cloud.

I didn’t have psplus i dont think back then. So it seems like I may be fuct and have to start all over or say f it until the real part 2.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Uh oh. I still have my PS4, but it's at my parents house. Am I gonna have to do some funky linking to get my saves back?

spronk

FPS noob
Uh oh. I still have my PS4, but it's at my parents house. Am I gonna have to do some funky linking to get my saves back?

If you have PS+ the save is on the cloud. If you don't have PS+ the save is only on your old PS4.

Either way you still need to run the PS4 version of FF7R, and update it first since the patch that allows PS5 version cloud upload only got updated this week. You have to run FF7R-PS4, at the main menu "upload save to cloud", then import that save from the cloud in the PS5 version of the game.

The yuffie DLC is seperate and can be started from scratch, afaik it has no integration at all with the FF7R base game so if thats all you want to play then I don't think it really matters.

I'm only playing the Yuffie DLC and then sending the game to my brother since he's never played the game. I only did the cloud save export/import since it'll pop all the trophies again for the PS5 edition when I run the game.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
If you have PS+ the save is on the cloud. If you don't have PS+ the save is only on your old PS4.

Either way you still need to run the PS4 version of FF7R, and update it first since the patch that allows PS5 version cloud upload only got updated this week. You have to run FF7R-PS4, at the main menu "upload save to cloud", then import that save from the cloud in the PS5 version of the game.

The yuffie DLC is seperate and can be started from scratch, afaik it has no integration at all with the FF7R base game so if thats all you want to play then I don't think it really matters.

I'm only playing the Yuffie DLC and then sending the game to my brother since he's never played the game. I only did the cloud save export/import since it'll pop all the trophies again for the PS5 edition when I run the game.

I recently bought PS+ for the PS5. Should I log into PS+ on the PS4 to get everything sync'd?

spronk

FPS noob
yes you should, i'm not sure if games not installed also auto sync - just go to the saved data menu in system and upload to PS+ all your game saves on your PS4, just to be safe. You can individually download saves on your PS5 for games you know you will want to import, since saves are stored on the SSD you probably don't wanna download EVERYTHING (it'll always be on the PS+ cloud once you upload it from your PS4)

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Yeah, I second Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark. It has a Nintendo Switch version and I've played quite a bit of it so far. While it doesn't quite scratch the same itch that FFT does, it clearly tries to, with very similar mechanics / music / classes / etc. On Switch it's playable on the go and it's a hell of a lot better than the FFT Advance games.

You can pop all the trophies again on the PS5 version? Daaaaamn. What if you already played the PS4 version of FF7R on PS5? I finished the plat on PS5, not PS4.

Only getting this game on PS5 tomorrow so I can play the Yuffie thing, not planning to replay the base game though I'll admit I'm tempted to speedrun it to see the differences.

So far I think the "PS5 upgrade" stuff could be done a bit better. It's great in things like Ghost of Tsushima where you can readily see the improvements right after loading up the game. However, other games take this weird piecemeal approach to how the new PS5 stuff is handled, where having the PS4 version and "upgrading" won't get you everything that the new PS5 version would. Which I guess makes sense from a corporate financial standpoint but it can be a problem for the buyer. Terminator: Resistance on PS4 had a similar deal where it recently got a PS5 visual upgrade and a DLC chapter. However, playing the PS4 version on PS5 got me the QOL updates but not the DLC. So that was a bit of a wasted purchase (i.e. I sold it and Youtubed the DLC chapter instead of getting the PS5 version as well). I also recently got Control on PS4 and hopefully that automatically gets a PS5 update that doesn't leave anything out. I mean these updates don't need to be all wacky.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
The yuffie DLC is seperate and can be started from scratch, afaik it has no integration at all with the FF7R base game

Which absolutely sucks.

They'll probably sell a version which has everything integrated in one game, 2027 at the very soonest.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the way PS5 works, ps5 only games are an entirely seperate product from the PS4 version so you can reget the plat trophy (double dip) unlike on xbox where its all one game and smart delivery automatically figures out what to install for you. Xbox wins in terms of ease of use and management, but PS5 lets you double get trophies. If you got the plat for FF7R, you can get it again for the PS5 edition since its a brand new title.

course i dont really know who cares how many platinum trophies you have unless Heaven is run by anime shit lords who decide how many virgins you get based on your PSN level

• 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Which absolutely sucks.

They'll probably sell a version which has everything integrated in one game, 2027 at the very soonest.

FF7R Release Schedule:

2020: FF7R

2021: FF7R Remaster+DLC

2022: FF7 Universe Mobile Sidegame w/ chibi characters

2023: Avalanche-Based First-Person Shooter

2024: FF7R-2 (Kalm Town to Corel)

2025: FF7R-2 DLC (Cissnei's Costa Del Sol Beach Volleyball Subplot)

2026: FF7R-2 Gold Saucer Mobile Gambling App Starring Cait Sith

2027: FF7R-2 Playable Zack Added ($30 adjusted for inflation)

2028: FF7R Shinra Edition (FF7R-1 + FF7R-2 + DLCs bundled together as one game)

Later in 2028: FF7R Shinra Edition Remastered (FF7R-1 and -2 as one game but now remastered for the new PS6)

2029: No game releases; war against the machines

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
On a more serious note I expect the next couple of FF7R sequels to follow a similar model to the first as far as characters go.

1: Have Cloud/Tifa/Barret early, get Aerith midway through, get Red XIII at the end as an NPC
2: Have Red from the beginning, get Yuffie midway through, get Cait Sith at the end as an NPC
3: Have Cait Sith from the beginning, get Cid midway through, get Vincent at the end as an NPC
4: Have Vincent from the beginning, get Zack midway through, get Time-Lord Aerith at the end as an NPC

I mean, IDK about the last one, but I could see the others following that kind of format. 4-5 new weapons for each character in each one (the original game had, what, 20ish weapons per character?) Also think that things are going to speed waaaay up after Disc 1 of the original game is over. As in Disc 1 will be four games, Disc 2 will be two, Disc 3 might be one and that's if they add a lot to it.

Truth be told, given the massive timeframe this series might be released over, I'm a lot more excited about the Dragon Quest 2D-HD remakes that are on the way. They're starting with DQ3 but have also said DQ1 and 2 are going to be made after that (DQ3 is a prequel to 1 and 2 so it does make some sense). If those all do exceptionally well in sales which they probably will, I assume we'll get DQ4+ as well. And since these games are a mere 2D-HD and easier to make, they'll probably be arriving at a pretty nice speed over the next few years. Anyone who played Link's Awakening Remake or Octopath Traveler knows how good that style can look compared to full 3D remakes. They're going to be turn-based as well.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
PS4
E3c_Z2GWYAMggdr

PS5

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Nothing has changed aside from some lighting fixes and texture fixes that should have been in the original PS Pro version at 30 FPS.

PS5 is nothing more than dynamic 4k rendering at 1440p at 60 in performance - Native 4k30 for graphical.

It's a shit .ini edit and texture fixes with some additional lighting detail that should have patched before anyway and been included with the original base game but wasn't because of development hell.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Load the PS4 game
Upload your save data from the main menu
Close out and go to the PSN store to find the $0.00 Intergrade
Redownload initial 13GB for the PS5 game
Load the PS5 game
Download your save data from the main menu
Whole 81 GB game will be downloading in the background
Can also buy Yuffie DLC from the menu
Extra 9 GB will queue to download after the base game install

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Nothing has changed aside from some lighting fixes and texture fixes that should have been in the original PS Pro version at 30 FPS.

PS5 is nothing more than dynamic 4k rendering at 1440p at 60 in performance - Native 4k30 for graphical.

It's a shit .ini edit and texture fixes with some additional lighting detail that should have patched before anyway and been included with the original base game but wasn't because of development hell.

Is this gonna be another PS5 game where I have to choose between 60 FPS and 4K? Cause honestly, I get why it's the way it is, but I hate having to make that choice in every game. I vastly prefer 60 FPS to 30 FPS but I also want to get the most out of my 4K OLED TV, to have vistas be as remarkable as possible when I'm looking out over terrain, etc. So no matter which I go with (usually 60 FPS), I always feel like I'm missing out.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Load the PS4 game
Upload your save data from the main menu
Close out and go to the PSN store to find the $0.00 Intergrade
Redownload initial 13GB for the PS5 game
Load the PS5 game
Download your save data from the main menu
Whole 81 GB game will be downloading in the background
Can also buy Yuffie DLC from the menu
Extra 9 GB will queue to download after the base game install

I'm just going to load the PS5 game from the disc, download my save data from the cloud, start the game up after it finishes installing, and wait for the 50 trophies to pop one after another. Still hard to believe this'll actually work but we'll see.

Anyone get their copy of the PS5 version yet? Mine "could arrive any time between today and Saturday".

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm just going to load the PS5 game from the disc, download my save data from the cloud, start the game up after it finishes installing, and wait for the 50 trophies to pop one after another. Still hard to believe this'll actually work but we'll see.
If you mean from the normal PS+ cloud, then no, it will not work. You have to have the PS4 version installed and upload your save game to Square Enix's servers from within the game and then download it from the PS5 version's main menu. Sony is still completely inept when it comes to cross-gen stuff.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Yuffie starts Level 25 with a few materia initially. DLC save file is separate from the base game's save file.