Final Fantasy VII Remake

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Fadaar Fadaar

I saw the Auron on the Anime LA FB Community Page
416160036_2420659544792581_13153525188921600_n.jpg

One of my friends went around taking lots of pics, I need to see if he got some shots

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
This would be outstanding if it were Aerith and Tifa. Hell just photoshopping the one on the left to be Aerith would work, given that that clearly isn't a guy's body.
I ran image search to see if the artist draws any pairings like Cloud/Aerith or Tifa/Aerith

…….he most certainly does not

IMG_9922.jpeg

Siliconemelons

I find it very telling and amusing that the entire cross dressing thing was put in as a very anime trope Japanese thing- and in its cultural view it is a VERY anti trans and anti cross dressing thing, it’s super not a positive- and then us American and Euro markets take it in the 10000% other direction.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That was always allowed, nexusmods only throws a fit when Yuffie is involved.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hard to tell if that's AI or photoshopped at all. Best looking Aerith cosplay I've ever seen for sure if that's legit.
It's AI or at least photoshop, look at the eye behind the hair.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
So someone posted an image that was cover art for an old EGM issue back before the OG FF7 came out

416076896_728283769270469_2050419589363917118_n.jpg

Because of promotional art like that, coupled with preview screen shots in magazines like this:
flashback.png

The trailer briefly showing this:
ffvii-cc-p3-shot-31.png

And even the manual listing him amongst the party characters
manual.png

I thought for sure that Sephiroth was going to be a permanent party member up until I actually played the game. Now it's common knowledge who he is, but did anyone else get fooled into thinking this before playing the original?

• 3Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
So someone posted an image that was cover art for an old EGM issue back before the OG FF7 came out

View attachment 512255

Because of promotional art like that, coupled with preview screen shots in magazines like this:
View attachment 512256
View attachment 512257

View attachment 512258

I thought for sure that Sephiroth was going to be a permanent party member up until I actually played the game. Now it's common knowledge who he is, but did anyone else get fooled into thinking this before playing the original?
John Candy No GIF by Laff

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 512255

View attachment 512256
View attachment 512257

View attachment 512258

I have fond memories of the Tifa portion of that EGM picture, given that I was like 13 at the time.

And yep. I was coming off of Chrono Trigger where the bad guy joins you midway through to take on the bigger bad guy, so I expected that kind of thing.

I was under the impression that the Shinra Corp were the main antagonists of the game and Sephiroth was basically just one of their generals that you'd have to deal with at first but later ally with to take down Shinra, with the final boss being Rufus, most likely.

Also thought the entire game took place in Midgar. So I wasn't happy when we left it behind after like 6 hours. Nothing with this game went the way I expected, at all.

TBH I'd still kinda like to see that version of FF7 that existed in my head.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity