Final Fantasy VII Remake

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Thanks for funding this so I can play the full thing through some day with the woke change modded out of it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You're better off beating on your ballsack with a hammer than playing the remake. Youtube non filler events so you're not burned out before you start your CE pre-order of rebirth.

It's not THAT bad. I'll just tune out the Kingdom Hearts timey wimey bullshit and flying condom Whisper horseshit. And the whole "Zack's sacrifice at the end of Crisis Core is now just meaningless for no reason lol the unknown journey lol".

Seeing the iconic areas in modern visuals, hearing the tunes again, kinda reliving that, with a side of not being entirely sure what's gonna happen... it does have some value in it.

If I get to the end and I'm not pissed-off, then I'll be fine with it. If Youtube isn't full of videos a week later about "making sense of the new timeline" with a bunch of diagrams and talk about "timeline A" and "timeline B" and how then Sephiroth did THIS and it made THAT happen...then I'll be fine with it. If they leave all that goddamn bullshit at the door I'll be fine with it.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So for reference, when we start rebirth we are back to having what skills and materia?

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Xexx Xexx I'm not sure that's been completely identified. I did read that save games won't carry over.

So I just beat the main game again. Played on Easy (non Classic) so I'd be ready for Rebirth. Still died to that damn 6 wheeled boss on the Chapter 18 motorcycle section. Not sure why the designers thought that was fun gameplay. Also not sure of the thought behind the penultimate fight where you fight 'whispers' over and over and over and over and over and over. Oh yeah , woo-wee one time they combine into a flying monster.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Xexx Xexx I'm not sure that's been completely identified. I did read that save games won't carry over.

So I just beat the main game again. Played on Easy (non Classic) so I'd be ready for Rebirth. Still died to that damn 6 wheeled boss on the Chapter 18 motorcycle section. Not sure why the designers thought that was fun gameplay. Also not sure of the thought behind the penultimate fight where you fight 'whispers' over and over and over and over and over and over. Oh yeah , woo-wee one time they combine into a flying monster.

The final chapter is such garbage. At least the Whispers and fighting Sephiroth in space or whateverthefuck.

Motor Ball (the six wheeled boss) shoulda been the final boss because it was actually kind of tough. Before the game came out I thought they'd throw Jenova-Conception at us at the end of the highway to be a new final boss, but nope, they had to go into la-la land instead.

How long did it take to beat the game on easy? Cause I gotta figure out when to start it up.

So for reference, when we start rebirth we are back to having what skills and materia?

Nothing carries over from game to game, but it'll probably give you some bonuses for having a complete file from the previous game. I think Leviathan and Ramuh are supposed to be added to your inventory at the start if you beat the previous game / beat the Yuffie DLC respectively, which will probably be a significant boon for a while considering Leviathan is generally considered mid to lategame for FF7.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
The final chapter is such garbage. At least the Whispers and fighting Sephiroth in space or whateverthefuck.

Motor Ball (the six wheeled boss) shoulda been the final boss because it was actually kind of tough. Before the game came out I thought they'd throw Jenova-Conception at us at the end of the highway to be a new final boss, but nope, they had to go into la-la land instead.

How long did it take to beat the game on easy? Cause I gotta figure out when to start it up.

Nothing carries over from game to game, but it'll probably give you some bonuses for having a complete file from the previous game. I think Leviathan and Ramuh are supposed to be added to your inventory at the start if you beat the previous game / beat the Yuffie DLC respectively, which will probably be a significant boon for a while considering Leviathan is generally considered mid to lategame for FF7.
53 hours for my playthrough. Figure 10-15 of those are setting the controller down and doing other things.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
It's not THAT bad. I'll just tune out the Kingdom Hearts timey wimey bullshit and flying condom Whisper horseshit. And the whole "Zack's sacrifice at the end of Crisis Core is now just meaningless for no reason lol the unknown journey lol".

Seeing the iconic areas in modern visuals, hearing the tunes again, kinda reliving that, with a side of not being entirely sure what's gonna happen... it does have some value in it.

If I get to the end and I'm not pissed-off, then I'll be fine with it. If Youtube isn't full of videos a week later about "making sense of the new timeline" with a bunch of diagrams and talk about "timeline A" and "timeline B" and how then Sephiroth did THIS and it made THAT happen...then I'll be fine with it. If they leave all that goddamn bullshit at the door I'll be fine with it.
Never played crisis core, how long of a game is it and is it any good? Hesitant to spend $50 on a gussied up PSP game.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Thanks for funding this so I can play the full thing through some day with the woke change modded out of it
I can't belive that took out the gay bodybuilders raping Cloud. Less gay stuff is so woke!

• 1Seriously?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
53 hours for my playthrough. Figure 10-15 of those are setting the controller down and doing other things.

That much? Damn. I'm gonna start it on the 22nd instead of the 25th then.

Never played crisis core, how long of a game is it and is it any good? Hesitant to spend $50 on a gussied up PSP game.

Not super long. I got the plat and I think it was around 40 hours. Probably like 30 to just play it normally. It's pretty good, I like it a lot, but YMMV. It's a solid prequel story for FF7 and gives us another perspective on Nibelheim (the real one) before Cloud's made-up flashback in Kalm in the new game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Xexx Xexx . Also not sure of the thought behind the penultimate fight where you fight 'whispers' over and over and over and over and over and over. Oh yeah , woo-wee one time they combine into a flying monster.

You're fighting the remnants of Sephiroth there from Advent Children. Kadaj, Loz and Ya something? They form together for Whisper Bahamuth which Kadaj summons in Advent Children.

Kind of a convoluted way to do it, and the section certainly overstays its welcome.

MaximillianDood using using Assess on them and noticing they used the same fighting styles as the characters in Advent Children was one of the things that really led him on the path of discovering that the Remake was the name of an event (Sephiroth remaking the world) and not referring to the type of game so to speak, a simple remake.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

I beat the game twice and twice ive died to that fucker because i forgot how i did it on the second play through since it was a decent amount of time in-between. I have yet to finish intermission, is it worth it?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I beat the game twice and twice ive died to that fucker because i forgot how i did it on the second play through since it was a decent amount of time in-between. I have yet to finish intermission, is it worth it?

Yeah it's worth it. Two chapters, first is pretty much just a normal FF7R first half chapter. Second is really good and has a bunch of callbacks to the FF7 expanded universe games while introducing the multi-character attacks that the sequel will have.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
yes as Rajaah Rajaah noted it's 2 chapters and I thought it was worth the time. I played it on Normal (non-classic). Never wiped but I was already familiar with the game mechanics by the time I got to it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Graphics mode might have gotten more of a bump than Performance with the update. Yay to us with a good 4K TV.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
yes as Rajaah Rajaah noted it's 2 chapters and I thought it was worth the time. I played it on Normal (non-classic). Never wiped but I was already familiar with the game mechanics by the time I got to it.
The OLEDs are hungry, but FF16 looks glorious at the moment.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Avoid IGN and Gamespot reviews they have story spoilers

From a gameplay perspective it sounds like mini games, quests, and exploring have meaningful rewards. If you try to skip it all for "main story only" you will be underpowered for the playthrough which I'm sure speedrunners will enjoy. You could minimalist in 40 hours or go plat for 100. (update: comment said a rusher did in 33)

Story perspective is following the same lines as Remake if the reviewers liked what they did with the 1st part they gave thumbs up, but haters are still hating for the 2nd part. Despite that it still hit 93

Last edited: