Final Fantasy VII Remake

Siliconemelons

I guess I need to replay 7 - my thoughts are very generalized on remembering all the details. I mean playing the game through, I never got that "most" of your Sepheroth encounters were really "Jhenovah" encounters... but at the same time, if you get deep into that thought... how did a creation from Jhenovah totally overwrite her? Wouldent it be more of, Jhenovah takes the persona and identity? So sure, Seph is dead @ reactor, and it really is Jenovah all after but having took over...rather than it really is Sepheroth's will that has taken over some insanely powerful cosmic alien planet thing... and in Advent, he needed Jenovah cells to come back fully... and why are those other emo lame Sepheroths in the game? lol.

I guess I should just play 7 and then the remake...but it will take my years as I have very low gameplay time and then it does not help as everyhting is all disjointed because of large gaps between playing.

Oh well off to the interweb to read stuff rather than play lol... and lets not even get into Crisis Core stuff with Genesis bro that's still alive or whatever.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
IMG_0720.jpeg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
i was doing well, on my way to easily complete remake before rebirth and then I got sick. You know the really awful sick where you’re home but don’t feel like playing video games. That’s the type of sick for last 2 days. I doubt I’ll be able to finish it, since I’m still at 14.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you complete the flashback chapter for the demo you can skip it in the Rebirth playthrough, so prioritizing that and having save data for Remake + intergrade for the summoning materia is all you really need to do prior to midnight.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sephiroth goes by shefiroth now. And the entirety of part 2 is like buying cloud dresses and the ddr scene in the honey bee.

This isn't true. But how many of you still need to Google it to make sure.

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
Perfectly encapsulates my theory that Aeris has an innocent exterior but is actually a worldly prostitute working in the theatre district, while Tifa has a tough exterior but is actually a scarred virgin isolating herself behind a bar and in a terrorist bunker.

It's the perfect dynamic between two female characters. Look how Aeris is in the dominant position, holding Tifa and trapping her against the wall.

Can Tifa and Aeris go on the date and Cloud die?

• 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It makes more sense because they ruined the "steel sky" of Midgar in the remake.

The OG only had you look down fair enough, but it seemed like Midgar was always in darkness, especially the slums. Even on the world map the sky darkened when you flew over it.

So they either needed bigger plates so the sky wasn't visible, or an artificially cloudy/darkened sky from the power plants.

As it was, it was fucking bright!

Yeah that's true. It had the same issue Terminator Salvation had. Should have been a thick cloud of smog over everything, instead it's bright and sunny.

During the current replay I felt like the early parts of the game really felt nothing like original FF7, between the brightness of everything and the fact that Barret's Theme didn't play in Sector 7. They have you in Sector 7 for a while too, and no Barret's Theme at any point. One of my fondest memories of original FF7 is that track playing throughout Sector 7 and listening to that before I went off to school. Also Sector 7 was freaking dark. They really messed up a lot of the fundamentals and visuals in the remake, somehow.

• 1Pathetic

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah that's true. It had the same issue Terminator Salvation had. Should have been a thick cloud of smog over everything, instead it's bright and sunny.

During the current replay I felt like the early parts of the game really felt nothing like original FF7, between the brightness of everything and the fact that Barret's Theme didn't play in Sector 7. They have you in Sector 7 for a while too, and no Barret's Theme at any point. One of my fondest memories of original FF7 is that track playing throughout Sector 7 and listening to that before I went off to school. Also Sector 7 was freaking dark. They really messed up a lot of the fundamentals and visuals in the remake, somehow.
Yeah I noticed that track missing too. Nice hopeful upbeat tune on your way to Reactor 5 before everything goes wrong.

A lot of the punk dress is missing too for generic Starbucks hipster NPCs everywhere, makes the party stand out when in the original they didn't.

They took a setting that helped popularise Cyberpunk and made it not be Cyberpunk.

I also hate that the Sector 7 plate wreckage is not visible from the ground and you even go under it and see an uncrushed bar... but later on you see it from above and shits fucked.

I'm really worried that it's going to be another good game that doesn't live up to the original setting. I firmly belive that once all 3 parts are on PC, there'll be one hell of a faithful fan remake.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Siliconemelons

Perfectly encapsulates my theory that Aeris has an innocent exterior but is actually a worldly prostitute working in the theatre district, while Tifa has a tough exterior but is actually a scarred virgin isolating herself behind a bar and in a terrorist bunker.

It's the perfect dynamic between two female characters. Look how Aeris is in the dominant position, holding Tifa and trapping her against the wall.

Can Tifa and Aeris go on the date and Cloud die?

Roses are a well known and common substitution for money for prostitution- so a John is told “that will be 50 roses” it’s 50$ but you get to think that telling a judge “oh no it’s flowers we wheee not exchanging money for sex” will actually work…

that said, it is apparent in Crisis Core that this is the case. It’s why she likes Zack and Cloud being apparently completely unaware of this while everyone else is and loving her as a person not the prostitution she “was forced to become” due to her getting kicked out to the streets or whatever - and so because of this and the games are generally of cloud and Zack PoV this theory will never be proven because it cant

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I noticed that track missing too. Nice hopeful upbeat tune on your way to Reactor 5 before everything goes wrong.

For me it's a hopeful upbeat theme that breaks down into kind of this cold icy sound right before it loops. Like you're hopeful and upbeat, but still in a cold rainy slum. I really like that part though.

As a kid it was an upbeat theme I listened to in the morning before the first day (or one of the first days) of HS in 1997. Then I went to HS and everything went wrong.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20240228_154805.jpg

I like the Train Graveyard chapter a lot, and probably the most out of all the "dungeon" sections of the game. This place looks how Midgar was supposed to look, dank and misty rather than bright and peppy.

Also you can tell people from FF13-2 worked on this chapter. Has a very 13-2 sounding battle theme and ambient theme, etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
amazon just shipped me the game today, guess i'll install it for now, won't have time to play on the weekend, going to final fantasy concert, heh

play disc + data disc

lulz looks like i gotta buy a 2tb drive

Last edited:
  • 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I like the Train Graveyard chapter a lot, and probably the most out of all the "dungeon" sections of the game. This place looks how Midgar was supposed to look, dank and misty rather than bright and peppy.
One of the best bosses too, on hard mode he really got dialled up to 11.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
amazon just shipped me the game today, guess i'll install it for now, won't have time to play on the weekend, going to final fantasy concert, heh

play disc + data disc

lulz looks like i gotta buy a 2tb drive
Shit man you need to let me know when that concert is hitting near Nashville so I can get my ass up there and see it.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
damn it the game unlocks at 9PM for me but that's now bedtime as I'm starting another round of Chemo.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Based upon Max's playthrough you will still have to do the start of the Nibelheim flashback for release but once you get to the first ascent where Cloud "takes the lead" it gives a popup asking if you would like to skip the section since you already completed it in the demo.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
damn it the game unlocks at 9PM for me but that's now bedtime as I'm starting another round of Chemo.

Best of wishes to you man! Hope you like the game.

PS: The demo section skip unlocks later. I thought I had done something wrong. Not really a spoiler, so the piano, there isn't a sheet music to play like there is in the demo. Which is accurate, isn't that piano thing for Tifa one of her skills? I tried a reload after they criticized me since I just exited. If you mash lots of keys, they still give the prompt of you being good like they did if you got an A rank or higher on the sheet music in the demo. For the music they are MUCH easier to do at the second to highest speed compared to the slow speed since it goes so fast that every time you hit a note you get a "great" score. Probably doesn't do anything, but just in case.

Game looks great and play it on the graphic setting.

Some settings

Gameplay
Completed guided guidance - No (the MAI dialog doesn't repeat if you redo fights. Still does the first one, so you don't miss anything)

Camera
- lock on controls - menu controls + auto camera
- responsiveness - 4
- lock on switching - direction input

• 1Like