Final Fantasy VII Remake

Fadaar

That guy
Based upon Max's playthrough you will still have to do the start of the Nibelheim flashback for release but once you get to the first ascent where Cloud "takes the lead" it gives a popup asking if you would like to skip the section since you already completed it in the demo.

guessing it's purely because of the opening scene

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
read this morning to be careful what you skip or you'll miss 'important story events' that were not part of the demo. Cannot say as I deleted the demo after about an hour. I want to play it all through.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
read this morning to be careful what you skip or you'll miss 'important story events' that were not part of the demo. Cannot say as I deleted the demo after about an hour. I want to play it all through.

Believe this only applies to actively pausing during a cutscene and hitting skip.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
One of the best bosses too, on hard mode he really got dialled up to 11.

Yeah, Eligor was an awesome fight (with, again, great music from the FF13-2 composer).

I think Eligor and Hell House are my two favorite bosses. A lot of the boss fights really drag on, but those were very engaging/challenging.

Best of wishes to you man! Hope you like the game.

PS: The demo section skip unlocks later. I thought I had done something wrong. Not really a spoiler, so the piano, there isn't a sheet music to play like there is in the demo. Which is accurate, isn't that piano thing for Tifa one of her skills? I tried a reload after they criticized me since I just exited. If you mash lots of keys, they still give the prompt of you being good like they did if you got an A rank or higher on the sheet music in the demo. For the music they are MUCH easier to do at the second to highest speed compared to the slow speed since it goes so fast that every time you hit a note you get a "great" score. Probably doesn't do anything, but just in case.

Game looks great and play it on the graphic setting.

Agreed, graphic setting is the way to go with this thing. Need to start with that on and your eyes adjust before too long. Starting on performance and switching, graphic will look choppy. I can confirm that going graphic from the start, my eyes stopped seeing any choppy-ness pretty fast, and graphic mode has much higher resolution and great light / reflection effects in comparison.

Well, waiting until 10 AM tomorrow to go get this, then another hour for it to install, then I'm gonna plow it. They really don't want people buying games in stores anymore it seems like.

So it's safe to skip "the ascent" in Nibelheim, but don't skip any individual cutscenes, is that about right?

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know how to get your "bonuses" from part 1 if you played it on PS4 and now you have part 2 on PS5?

Merrith

Anyone know how to get your "bonuses" from part 1 if you played it on PS4 and now you have part 2 on PS5?

It's possible you needed a save file from the PS5 version of Part 1. I know there was bonus summon materia for having a save file for Remake on PS5 and another one for a save file from the DLC. Not sure if only having played it on PS4 would apply.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
It's possible you needed a save file from the PS5 version of Part 1. I know there was bonus summon materia for having a save file for Remake on PS5 and another one for a save file from the DLC. Not sure if only having played it on PS4 would apply.
did a little research, if you had PS+ on PS4 and it's uploaded to the cloud, you can download it from the cloud to your PS5 as a PS4 save and Rebirth will recognize it.
I checked my storage setting on PS5 and did not see it in the cloud, had to go to additional cloud storage settings and you are able to see your PS4 saves that are in the cloud there and I was able to transfer it down to my PS5.
Should be all set for tomorrow (should have taken day off of work)

Malakriss

Don't just "Continue Game" from the PS5 main menu, go into the game for the title screen and select Bonuses, get your stuff from the demo and previous game save files otherwise I don't think it will let you skip part of the flashback sequence.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's if you skip the Sephiroth against burning town cutscene that's in the demo, it also skips the reactor scene that's not in the demo.

Basically you can only skip the gameplay part of the demo if you played the demo.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah, Eligor was an awesome fight (with, again, great music from the FF13-2 composer).

I think Eligor and Hell House are my two favorite bosses. A lot of the boss fights really drag on, but those were very engaging/challenging.
This is what the remake got right, every boss and even rare mobs were treated with a lot of respect and were absolutely incredible with the music.

I loved Heligunner personally, moving it to the plate wreckage was a great idea. It's a shame we couldn't have the lift fight but I guess it doesn't work in truescale 3D.

Can't wait for Demon Wall.

Malakriss

Kalm Street Item Vendor has Steal Materia for 500 gil, and two card game boosters for 500 gil x2

You only start with 2000 so might as well make use of it

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Be careful of spoiler stuff if looking at any sort of video regarding Rebirth (or creators known for FF7 for that matter) on youtube. The recommended section has people trying to spoil by showing the last fights and enemies in thumbnails. Was just looking at Maximillians channel, and the recommended tab to the right of the video had tons of them. Showed some reviews, trailers, then right in the middle "the last boss fight!" with the thumbnail being at what I assume is the middle of the fight. I am not logged in, and on a VPN, so think the criteria for showing it was just that Max does a lot of FF7 stuff.

Merrith

Definitely won't be a fast playthrough, having way too much fun exploring and collecting.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
That really sucks that they expanded the demo cutscenes but don't mention that. I skipped them all since they said you could move forward and I was trying to get to new stuff late night. Anybody got a clip or can spoiler text just the stuff that wasn't in the demo but made it to launch?

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Be careful of spoiler stuff if looking at any sort of video regarding Rebirth (or creators known for FF7 for that matter) on youtube. The recommended section has people trying to spoil by showing the last fights and enemies in thumbnails. Was just looking at Maximillians channel, and the recommended tab to the right of the video had tons of them. Showed some reviews, trailers, then right in the middle "the last boss fight!" with the thumbnail being at what I assume is the middle of the fight. I am not logged in, and on a VPN, so think the criteria for showing it was just that Max does a lot of FF7 stuff.
Christ, is this a Snape kills Dumbledore moment?

I'm going to be pissed off if I avoid YouTube for a week or more and Sephiroth stabs Aeris through the spine with a samurai sword.

Can't imagine how the last boss would be a spoiler unless you:
A) Fight JENOVA or Sephrioth with Aeris
B) Fight Safer Sephrioth
C) Fight Zack

Anyway rushing to the game store before it closes...

Chris

Potato del Grande
Uhhhhhh did you play Remake?
Well I assumed that we would catchup with Sephrioth on the highway and have JENOVA BIRTH as the end boss, actually fighting Sephrioth and not killing him was a safe assumption too as a more suitable endboss that wouldn't break canon

I think fighting him again in Rebirth is likely.