Final Fantasy VII Remake

joz123

Potato del Grande
Well I assumed that we would catchup with Sephrioth on the highway and have JENOVA BIRTH as the end boss, actually fighting Sephrioth and not killing him was a safe assumption too as a more suitable endboss that wouldn't break canon

I think fighting him again in Rebirth is likely.
Best Gif Wow GIF

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Chocobo riding is absolute ass.

RD2 came out over 5 years ago. There’s zero excuse for any AAA game to have shitty riding mechanics.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Chocobo riding is absolute ass.

RD2 came out over 5 years ago. There’s zero excuse for any AAA game to have shitty riding mechanics.
Shitty riding mechanics is to FF games what poison swamps are to From Soft games.

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Fadaar

That guy
WoW is the only game I've ever not hated mounts and that's because there's no physics to them, just speed increase

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hate Chadley. He's going to ruin this game.

I mean, I expect his voice is supposed to be a little annoying, but I am loving all the stuff to do on the overworld because of "his" content. Having way too much fun 100% OW stuff.

• 1Hodjing
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Anyway I'm still in the first open world Grasslands area, about to hit 8 hours and just had my first attempt at the next boss. The open world tropes are present and obvious but I am finding them better than the back and forth fetch quests we had in Midgar. Good start.

joz123

Potato del Grande
they obviously made changes - made Tifa have like no boobs in comparison to the OG etc…

But, what if all this remake stuff is because it gives them an excuse to “use old problematic tropes” that are kinda accepted because it’s a remake but if it was a new game the GamerGate SJW woke inc would burn you down?
Frustrated Buzz Lightyear GIF

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Merrith

Anyway I'm still in the first open world Grasslands area, about to hit 8 hours and just had my first attempt at the next boss. The open world tropes are present and obvious but I am finding them better than the back and forth fetch quests we had in Midgar. Good start.

Honestly the fact that all the side stuff generally leads to rewards that are beneficial makes them not feel chore like. Always building towards some new materia/upgrade.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I mean, I expect his voice is supposed to be a little annoying, but I am loving all the stuff to do on the overworld because of "his" content. Having way too much fun 100% OW stuff.
OW stuff has been fine so far, seems to have a bit of depth so isn't as satnav wizard chores as usual.

It's just... Chadley is going to have the most voice lines in the game right? Which is why there's a AI female Chadley too.

They are definitely going to reveal in the 3rd game that he's been unknowingly uploading to Hojo the entie time, imagine having a secret Shinra executive around your party lol.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
If Tifa's tits were any bigger, this game would slide too close to having her causing riots of nerds wondering why the game has no boob physics.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

They are definitely going to reveal in the 3rd game that he's been unknowingly uploading to Hojo the entie time, imagine having a secret Shinra executive around your party lol.

I had this thought, too. Seems way too good to be true.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Kalm Street Item Vendor has Steal Materia for 500 gil, and two card game boosters for 500 gil x2

You only start with 2000 so might as well make use of it

That first sword upgrade being 3k while you only have 2k was the bane of my existence for a little while. Ended up getting the card boosters and Steal instead, then when I got 3k a couple hours later I went back and got the sword. They kinda dangle it in front of you at the beginning.

The story problem the party has early on is that they have basically no money, and the game actually makes you feel that via gameplay by having a weapon upgrade that you just barely can't afford in the first shop, then making it inaccessible for an hour or so before you can try again and maybe barely scrape enough together by then.

Took the day off, had a lot to do and ended up not actually starting the game until like 7 PM. Then played for 8 straight hours. Gotdamn, can't remember the last time I played anything for that long in a row, or even more than like, 3.

Game is very good and it's making me Feel Things in a way that Remake never really did. It still has a fair amount of slow parts and things that seem designed to waste time, but not as much so as the first game. Mythril Mines went on waaaaay too long and I hope that isn't gonna be the case much more. Part one had some excessively long dungeons that really killed the buzz.

The open world stuff is great, there's almost too much to do. The side quests mostly seem to actually have a point. They borrowed elements from Assassin's Creed, Elden Ring, and especially Pokemon Legends: Arceus of all things. At some point I had to make a decision on how much free time I actually had to be spending hours in the Kalm Region, and elected to leave most of it unfinished and continue the story.

Probably just gonna run the story the first time and maybe do everything on a second run if the game is worth it, and it seems to be so far.