Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Malkav

French Madman
Job guides have been updated :

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malkav

French Madman
Thank god SMN is not completely fucked by death. The main fear with the changes was that you'd be sitting spamming Ruin while waiting on Bahamhut/Phoenix CD if you ever died.

1638442275215.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit an extra stack of Triple-cast , and why does it seem like High-Fire/Blizzard isn't gonna be worth it.. other then for the Paradox buff-out *head scratch*

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm MNK got some unexpected changes. Bootshine/Dragon Kick also have removed positionals, so only Snap Punch/Demolish now have positionals. That's a huge change from "all 6 GCDs have positionals" to "only 2 out of 6 have positionals". Especially big since missing positionals on Bootshine was such a huge drop, you'd want to specifically Riddle of Earth/True North if there was any chance you were missing it, but now you don't care. Great for PB BS > DK > BS spam too, don't have to pop true north for it, just mash buttons. Riddle of Earth as a result is changed to just dmg mitigation, but a whooping 20% dmg reduction(with multiple charges), which is more than other melees I think.

One unclear things too is every GCD was changed from 2.5 to 2, but it's unclear if it's 2 then GL on top, or if it's somehow already rolled in. If it's rolled in, that's gonna be a lot of speed, like 1.6 or 1.7GCD? Considering they apparently removed the positional reqs on the first moves at the last moment(the little guide shit at the bottom still says they have positionals), they might have switched MNK to a somewhat different playstyle than other classes with really low natural GCD but few oGCDs, which sounds pretty neat. Just more likely it's just counting GL trait in baseline though, so still "slow". Although skillspeed stacking might be a thing for MNK with how little you have to weave now.

Oh also Phantom Rush is 1000potency, that's a lot of dmg.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those changes are definitely making me consider dusting off my level 50 Mnk after my first playthrough on Pld.

• 1Like

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Holy shit an extra stack of Triple-cast , and why does it seem like High-Fire/Blizzard isn't gonna be worth it.. other then for the Paradox buff-out *head scratch*

There is a known bug listing that clarifies a big detail of high-fire. It buffs your flares for the entire fire duration. Not just one.

localhost

Golden Knight of the Realm
It is me or the sage seems way too strong ? Just attack with numbers that make a white mage looks like a pussy while healing, and many crazy ogcd when needed ?

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is me or the sage seems way too strong ? Just attack with numbers that make a white mage looks like a pussy while healing, and many crazy ogcd when needed ?

It does appear pretty beefy, they'll probably nerf it in the next few months when all the other healers kick off. Saying that, they don't really ever listen to healer concerns so who knows.

Kardia seems pretty amazing for such a low level ability.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
92.5s comparison for more fairness, we assume Phlegma/Assize are used right away, since Phlegma is a GCD, Sage needs one more GCD to apply dot so fairer that way:
WHM 3x Dia 660x3= 1980, 2x Assize 400x2= 800, Blood Lilly= 900, 33 Glare(37-3dia-1blood lily) 33x310= 10230 Total= 13910
SGE 3x Eukrasian Dosis 700x3= 2100, 3x Phlegma II 510x3= 1530, 31 Dosis(37-3dot-3phlegma) 31x330= 10230 Total= 13860

So with the new math, you can see they're extremely close HOWEVER WHM needs to 100% use their afflatus at no loss to do this. Each Afflatus not used properly is a 310 DPS loss(could use a Glare instead). Which means they either need to find downtime to dump lillies, or the healing is tense enough that they need to use a GCD heal, in which case they can substitute a standard one with Afflatus for "free". One thing to note is GCD heals are also slightly more penalizing for Sage since they lose 20potency more. Sage also gets the benefit of using 2x Phlegma in the opener buff window, which might in fact turn into higher DPS over WHM even with perfect blood lilly usage. They'll also be able to pool them every 6mins for reopener, and potentially every 90s mini buff windows too.

So Sage should be much easier to get the best performance, since you don't have to worry about Afflatus management and always have the highest damage output, and being able to pool ressources for buff windows should also improve that situation. Overall I'd say at a somewhat casual level, Sages will have the most personnal DPS and it should still be true until like, 99th percentile or so and even then they're close enough that it'll still likely be ahead on any fights that doesn't have repeated downtime for "free" Blood Lillies, since GCD heals are often almost entirely phased out at higher level of play.

In terms of healing, Sage is more or less 1:1 with SCH toolkit, with a few differences here and there, but I wouldn't say it's particularly amazing. It does have some nice things going(Kardia free healing which is always on tank unlike the fairy AI targetting, but same value and sometimes healing random DPS shit for free is actually nice to top them off for next big aoe, and you don't have to fucking change it everytime there's a tank swap which if you forget means it just goes into the shitter). WHM still has much more proactive raw healing output, and their new capstone heals gives them virtually a party wide benediction if timed properly, which further solidifies WHM has the big dick aoe healer with Cure III still being available plus all the usual shit.

Edit: Remade math in a less retarded way

Last edited:

localhost

For savage yes.
To run a dungeon, put on the tank and nuke away.
I planned to level AST, but i can't really see what they become now. I was playing it mostly in nocturnal...

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Sage indeed looks really strong.
Their resource stacks 50% faster than WHM (1 every 20sec instead of 1 every 30 for WHM) and their consumers are basically identical to afflatus but with extra effects. They have more variety in consumers as well (ae regen for example).
Nuke is higher potency and also heals on the side. Haven't really studied every spell in detail but they look amazing.
WHM still has much more AE healing capability though.

localhost

The problem with white mage, when you don't know one he has 90% to be a very bad player. This job worked like a magnet for them. I guess sage will pull lot of them :)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
There is a known bug listing that clarifies a big detail of high-fire. It buffs your flares for the entire fire duration. Not just one.

Here's too hoping for more mass pulls in Raids/Savage then ...

It just doesn't seem worth it , they are very low powered, for how late you get them.. ehh *shrug*

And no more Enhanced Umbral hearts soo that means Flare regardless is gonna eat you're whole manapool, unless that enhanced flare ability is the new Enhanced Hearts..

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Here's too hoping for more mass pulls in Raids/Savage then ...

It just doesn't seem worth it , they are very low powered, for how late you get them.. ehh *shrug*

And no more Enhanced Umbral hearts soo that means Flare regardless is gonna eat you're whole manapool, unless that enhanced flare ability is the new Enhanced Hearts..
One thing that was in the press build that's not really indicated anywhere on the tooltips is that Enhanced Flare stacks. In the press tour, it stacked up to 2. Also Umbra Hearts do affect Flare in the press tour. Like with 3 stacks you can cast Flare and still have 3600mp free and 2 umbral hearts seem to leave you with 2400. So not entirely sure how it'll math out, maybe it'll be something like High Fire 2 High Fire 2 Flare(buffed by the 2 high fire and mp reduced by 1 umbral heart) then another Flare. It could also be that since Flare still takes fucking forever to cast, it's just better to High Fire 2 the whole bar until you Flare at the end. I'm sure the theorycrafting will come out for that pretty quick.