Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
I love how they mention they didn’t include a provision to exclude cut-scenes from the AFK kick and there have been many reports of players being disconnected watching the ending cutscenes of ARR/SHB

I’d be raging if that happened and I then hit a 7k queue

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love how they mention they didn’t include a provision to exclude cut-scenes from the AFK kick and there have been many reports of players being disconnected watching the ending cutscenes of ARR/SHB

I’d be raging if that happened and I then hit a 7k queue

There's 30 minutes or longer cut scenes? That's insane. Or people are just going afk during a cut scene.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
There's 30 minutes or longer cut scenes? That's insane. Or people are just going afk during a cut scene.

■ Automatic logout due to inactivity during ending credits

We have received reports of players being automatically logged out during the ending credits of A Realm Reborn, Heavensward, Stormblood, or Shadowbringers due to 30 minutes of inactivity. Upon investigation, we discovered that the procedure for avoiding automatic logout was missing for these ending credits, for which I am truly sorry. As for the ending credits of Endwalker, this procedure is included and you will not be logged out for inactivity during its duration.

We apologise for the inconvenience, but when viewing the ending credits for A Realm Reborn, Heavensward, Stormblood, and Shadowbringers, we ask that you press a button on your controller, press a key on your keyboard, or click with your mouse. By doing so before 30 minutes pass, you will be able to reset the automatic logout timer. Please also note that simply moving your mouse cursor will not prevent automatic logout. This issue will be added to a list of known issues in a separate announcement.

Once again, I would like to apologise for the many inconveniences caused to our players as a result of the congestion that has continued since the start of Early Access. I am truly sorry, and we will continue to do our utmost to address the congestion situation and the errors during login queues as soon as possible.

Thats rough LOL

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Nice things:
Chocobo exp is no longer based on player level.
The "Road to 70" buff is now "Road to 80". And everyone who had "Road to 70" was silently upgraded to "Road to 80."

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>

The ending credits to expacs can definitely take that long, yes. You'll have some longer cutscenes->credits->post-credit scene, etc.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So, anyone else think a reckoning is coming for people who use "Plugins" for XIV Launcher?

I'm seeing a ton of addons that toe the line (with the understanding that ALL addons are against ToS) at LEAST and in some cases are basically cheap automation.

Some guy made a ElvUI knock-off as well.

With all these streamers streaming blatant 3rd party violations I'm kinda shocked that the CS team didn't just ban a bunch of streamers based on their 3rd party app usage.

I've used XIV launcher, honestly it's best for times like this where I don't have to type in a password over if I get 2002'd, but man it's interesting seeing people stream with stuff that has literally been told to be ban worthy.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You can't even queue this afternoon on Gilg. It just boots you out. Fuck this shitty game.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
haha Primal I think it is, the queue has just stopped.

Wife is 6595 after last 2002 killed her 3k queue spot.

I'm sitting at 1454 after getting reset to 3500 about an hour or so ago.

Both of us have been sitting at those numbers for about 5 minutes. Somewhat makes sense for my "Low" number but hers, not at all.

Araxen

Finally got in a queue of 1741, but it hasn't moved in the last 10-15 minutes.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Same. I think the server let too many people on when the 3001 started and needs to go under a certain number before it will let more people on

From what chat said at the time, it seemed to just let everyone in at that time, Queue was at least 5.5k. Granted depends how many it kicked off at the same time.

Argarth

On the verandah
I let my sub lapse before the Xpac landed. No way I was going to subject myself to this sort of torture.
I guess it's the perfect storm. Interest in the game like never before, shiny new expansion, and the competition has completely and utterly shit the bed.

Just going to wait it out until the fuss is over, however long that takes. Yoshi P always looks like he never gets enough sleep... must be running on fumes now.

Araxen

I'm going to have to invest in of these I think. lol

1638737633698.png

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users