Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Gods work on the screenshots.

The textures are nice and all but the lighting upgrades are probably the most overdue. 7.0 may end up looking significantly better.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
not familiar with FF patch cycles, but how often is an Xpac? I know we just got endwalker, should we expect 2 years for the next or 1? 7.0?

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Usually 18 months between expacs. Depends on how out of wack Covid threw off their cycle this time around tho.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
not familiar with FF patch cycles, but how often is an Xpac? I know we just got endwalker, should we expect 2 years for the next or 1? 7.0?
Xpacs have consistently been 2 years aside from the EW covid delay, but we don't know if they will want to go back to a summer release or roll with it
  • Heavensward: June 23, 2015
  • Stormblood: June 20, 2017
  • Shadowbringers: July 2, 2019
  • Endwalker: December 7, 2021
Major patches are 3-4 months apart

Cybsled

They just announced that new major patches will be approx 4 months apart now. So counting the .55 series as a major patch, that puts it at about 2 years

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, they certainly have a full plate of things they announced that are still to come on the 6.x series. Didn't quite expect the challenge dungeons- whatever they turn out to be, by 6.2.
SPOILER_unknown.png

SPOILER_unknown.png

Also, didn't really expect another deep dungeon. Wonder if it means dropping the bozja style grind for relics this time. Though stormblood had both obviously.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
For fuck's sake, why did someone ask the 'leveilleur twins aged up when' question in the live letter?

This is Emma Watson all over again.

Cybsled

For fuck's sake, why did someone ask the 'leveilleur twins aged up when' question in the live letter?

This is Emma Watson all over again.

Better than the JP fanfest where a guy asked if they could play as children characters and Yoshi had to give as diplomatic an answer as possible, even though you could tell he was thinking "wtf"

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
made some headway in the MSQ and did all 3 alliance raids in crystal tower, ended up MTing almost everything despite being a sprout. Just winging it and best guessing on boss mechanics the first time you see them and hope you are right. died on the one boss where you gotta stand in the AOE that levitates you, but other than that pretty simple.

But before that I was working on GC rank and had to go do Sunken Temple of Qarn for the GC hunt log. party of 4 sprouts, none of us knew shit. the 4 of us figuring out the mechanics for the first boss wiping a few times until it clicked was the most fun I've had in this game. And it came in handy later in the 3rd alliance raid, knowing that the doom debuff meant run over glowy square to get dispelled.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
made some headway in the MSQ and did all 3 alliance raids in crystal tower, ended up MTing almost everything despite being a sprout. Just winging it and best guessing on boss mechanics the first time you see them and hope you are right. died on the one boss where you gotta stand in the AOE that levitates you, but other than that pretty simple.

But before that I was working on GC rank and had to go do Sunken Temple of Qarn for the GC hunt log. party of 4 sprouts, none of us knew shit. the 4 of us figuring out the mechanics for the first boss wiping a few times until it clicked was the most fun I've had in this game. And it came in handy later in the 3rd alliance raid, knowing that the doom debuff meant run over glowy square to get dispelled.
Expect more of that, mechanics are mostly consistent so you start to learn things which come up again later.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
1645274706984.png

I assume patches will be more like 19~ weeks now? 6.1 Apr 26th, ult May 10th?

edit: just realised this has no context - it was re: yoshi in the live letter saying patches would move from 3.5 to 4 months.

Last edited:

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
finished ARR about to start HS. If I roll my eyes any harder watching this fucking garbage storyline i'm going to need an ambulance. Whoever said this started to get better towards the end of the post ARR content is a fucking liar, this story has gotten progressively worse. predictable as fuck but just trash.

Remember Mass Effect 3 Kai Lang, some shitty writers pet NPC would show up in cutscenes and thwart your every action when you had no recourse because his stupid plot armor, and how much the story suffered from that garbage. That's the entirety of this game's story so far.

This whole story is you roleplaying the gullible buffoon surrounded by incompetent retards who you have to rescue from 3 squirrels every 10 minutes and you run all their errands for them and somehow they are in charge? Despite being betrayed eleven times in the last 10 minutes you go out and round up all the betrayers to recruit to your army so they can betray you again, all in cut scenes because that shit would never fly if you had control of your character. I've killed like nine gods so far but i'm going to let a fucking toddler and his 3 guards arrest me? Should of immediately gave control back to me so I could start the next cut scene with me carrying that idiots bloody head in to the feast. Thancred is the only motherfucker who actually does anything everyone else just stands there like an idiot.

Doesn't help that all the cut scenes use the over the top in game animations so everyone uses all these exaggerated emotes for everything.

fuck this is trash.

Last edited:
  • 1Moron
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
finished ARR about to start HS. If I roll my eyes any harder watching this fucking garbage storyline i'm going to need an ambulance. Whoever said this started to get better towards the end of the post ARR content is a fucking liar, this story has gotten progressively worse. predictable as fuck but just trash.

fuck this is trash.

I was the one who asked how far along you were towards HW. I also said, and have said from the beginning, that if the single-player-FF-in-an-mmo experience wasn't working out for you that you're better off spending your time in another game.

If you're at the MSQ's tipping point where the Sultana's circumstances make you head out to Coerthas and the game's storyline is as obnoxious to you make it sound, just give it up bro. It's just not gonna work out.

• 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I think the 2.x quests are worse than the ARR quests. It also doesn't help that after finishing ARR and being ready for HW you have to slog through Alphinaud's Hitler Youth bullshit. The name "Crystal Braves" also made me want to throw up. All the Crystal this and bad translation that is just too weeb adjacent for me.

That being said, I've watched random streamers complete/react to 5.0/5.3 shit multiple times, so I'd disagree with phisey that if you don't like the 2.x stuff you won't like the rest of the game. The Sultana stuff comes towards the end where it's hard to pick out the change in quality from the massive shit sandwich you've been eating for the last few days.

The cutscene shit all ends up falling into the same trap as any RPG. Your party dies and you rez them. NPC dies and everyone is gathered around crying. See:

• 1Worf

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I'm like 30 minutes into this cutscene out of however long it is. please tell me all these npcs are dead and stay dead? fuck alphinaud survived, damnit he was one of the more annoying ones I hoped he died.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
oh fuck they finally give me control of my character so I can walk 10 feet and then enter yet another ridiculously long cutscene. somewhat satisfying looking at alphino being an emo bitch just utterly defeated. Yes you incompetent fuck who took credit for everything I did, you have failed at life and everyone is dead because of you. please kill yourself.

• 1Worf