Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is anyone even remotely surprised that this miserable turd of a human being hates SHB too and is STILL dedicating this much time to playing a game he despises?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm sure at some point they will explain how the real Zeno's possessed the elf body when his corpse was possessed by the asian with a C, but since they don't have the goddamn decency to just name him instead of calling him katana wielding elf, From now on i'm calling him Boros, the "denominator" of the universe. Which makes you the protagonist Saitama, which is fitting because he is a bumbling idiot who can't possibly lose, the same as your character. if the story wants to overuse comic book/anime tropes then it's only fitting it gets compared to the greatest anime parody of all time.

They already explained it. If you notice Zenos' eyes, when he is using his power - he has the "Resonant" which is the same knockoff, artificially granted Echo power that Fordola got. This is also how he was able to possess Shinryu.

Back in ARR you should remember that the Sahagin that got the Echo power was able to swap from body to body when killed, until Leviathan absorbed his aether. Same concept applies here.

Ascians basically function the same way.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I must of missed the scene when the elf had red eyes. Also thought he was just riding Shinryu (like gaius with ultima) didn't see him possess him. So his soul left his body and he possesssed Shinryu, so his body was just laying there on the ground the whole time? until the primal died and he repossessed his own body? doesn't really make sense but I'll buy it. thanks

• 1Picard

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I must of missed the scene when the elf had red eyes. Also thought he was just riding Shinryu (like gaius with ultima) didn't see him possess him. So his soul left his body and he possesssed Shinryu, so his body was just laying there on the ground the whole time? until the primal died and he repossessed his own body? doesn't really make sense but I'll buy it. thanks

1647703754428.png

Also Zenos is a Garlean, not an elf.

Maybe you should watch this again and refresh your memory. Can't really criticize a story if you keep mixing up and missing critical points like this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
No i mean the elf body he is currently inhabiting, was a ala mhigo resistance fighter.

yeah ok I see he just merges with the primal. Not really a critical point but i'll cede that I misremembered that part.

Last edited:

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
No i mean the elf body he is currently inhabiting, was a ala mhigo resistance fighter.

yeah ok I see he just merges with the primal.

It will come up again. Also you will get a lot more details on the Elf and what he is up to as you play SHB.

Goonsquad Officer
He is off his game today. He could have called zenos the only well written character and upped his troll game

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
They already explained it. If you notice Zenos' eyes, when he is using his power - he has the "Resonant" which is the same knockoff, artificially granted Echo power that Fordola got. This is also how he was able to possess Shinryu.

Back in ARR you should remember that the Sahagin that got the Echo power was able to swap from body to body when killed, until Leviathan absorbed his aether. Same concept applies here.

Ascians basically function the same way.

Don't forget the scene that the scientist stated Zenos was the most gifted garlean they had every imbued with the knock-off Echo, and that he also got some "extra" stuff from the imbue. It was never explained what the "extra" was it is probably his ability too body hop.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I certainly hope these introductory quests aren't a sign for things to come, they've made your character/friends/companions do some pants on hand retarded shit in order to further the "plot" but these alisae quests with the inflicted, man I've never rolled my eyes so hard in my life. This guy is infected, he has minutes to live, let me sacrifice myself for him. And this is the story trying for feels? The closest example would be sean of the dead, which is a parody.

edit: Fuck alpino's is just as bad. goes on a diatribe about how stupid these people in the shanty town are for living off of handouts and how they need to be self-sufficient, gets his shit stolen by some crybaby mooch and instead of just beating the shit out of this worthless mooch or killing him he gives away his plan so the crybaby can go live in party town. Alpino spent over a year here coming up with a plan to do the 1 thing he's trying to do and he lets some faggot take his spot. Goddamn all these npcs are retarded.

it's really not looking good for shadowbringers, hopefully this is just the expansion introductory slump that every one has had and this shit gets better.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
This guy is infected, he has minutes to live, let me sacrifice myself for him. And this is the story trying for feels? The closest example would be sean of the dead, which is a parody.
You... you finished the Alisae bit? I hope you are not talking about what I think you are talking about.

• 1Rimshot

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
yeah i'm killing lightwardens now in pixie land. i was talking about the caretaker lady dying for someone with minutes to live like the stupid cunt she is and then alisae getting all broken hearted and emo about it.

Literally every zombie movie where the infection isn't damn near instantaneous (WWZ), when someone gets infected and they know they are about to turn they either off themselves or someone offs them before they turn, its a fucking mercy. Unlike zombie outbreak movies, where they are just figuring it out as they go, It's been 100 fucking years of this shit, they should damn well have the process down to a science by now. Why are any of these people left alive to suffer then die? They should all be merc'd the moment they know they are infected. And this dude has been suffering for weeks or however long the infection takes, is damn near stone, Dude had maybe an hour left to live, I had already went and gotten him an nectarine or whatever so that he could die eating his favorite (poisoned) meal. he wandered off. Ok lets just go kill him then he's literally about to turn. no, instead lets let the caretaker lady get merc'd and turned instead. She's a nurse but she's going to attack a sineater, then just immediately turn her back to it and then try and have a conversation with a dude who is so close to turning himself he can't even speak? like wtf is this shit? just awful, awful writing.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
So, just in case you didn't think Sylas was even capable of the slightest empathy... here you have.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
So, just in case you didn't think Sylas was even capable of the slightest empathy... here you have.
Are you saying this shitty, illogical and wholly inconsistent writing was designed to make you feel empathy? Let me guess, you cried during air bud didn't you?

There's zero logical sense to the entire arc. There's a handful of caregivers and they care for the inflicted in their final days, poisoning them before they turn. The person in question was moments away from turning, completely catatonic and incapable of speech. He is called into the desert by the sineater so he can turn. The nurse not only threw herself at the sineater but she then placed herself between it and the patient and turned her back to the sineater and attempted to have a conversation with a person she knows is completely incapable of speech. wtf is this garbage? She's an idiot, there is no way she would have been alive for more than a day on her own, much less for years serving as a caregiver out in the desert. she would of darwin'd herself a long, long time ago.

If they were all trained in martial prowess they wouldn't need to employ the guards, so clearly she can't fight off a sineater. If every nurse threw away their lives to save a handful of minutes of life of their patients, there would be no nurses, so clearly she's never done something like this before. She's "helped" dozens/hundreds of people in their final days over the years. This scene makes zero fucking sense, it was just awkwardly inserted ignoring all logic at a poor attempt at feels and failed miserably.

Again, the closest analog to this story is from a zombie parody. Also this scene has 1000% more feels than FF14s version.

Edit: air bud not dog

Last edited:
  • 1EyeRoll

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
And this dude has been suffering for weeks or however long the infection takes, is damn near stone, Dude had maybe an hour left to live, I had already went and gotten him an nectarine or whatever so that he could die eating his favorite (poisoned) meal. he wandered off. Ok lets just go kill him then he's literally about to turn.

This is not going to age well.

• 3Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean if it wasn't already obvious from his ridiculous takes on everything or his giant unnecessary walls of text, he's autistic as fuck. And not in the 'autistic is a trendy insult to use these days' sense, but more in the 'so fucking deep on the spectrum he's probably not even high functioning'.

• 3Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
i was talking about the caretaker lady dying for someone with minutes to live like the stupid cunt she is and then alisae getting all broken hearted and emo about it.
She died to save a child in her care, who actually survives the expansion and shows signs of recovery. Then she's the second boss if the first dungeon (which is excellent).

The way you talk about this in terms of cunts and emos make it look like there's something psychologically wrong with you.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is it just Autism though? He seems like he's also some sort of sociopath.
Nah, I used to say the exact same kind of shit when I was younger. It's not that he doesn't have emotions/empathy at all, he's just overly logical and tends to stuff everything into black and white terms to simplify interpretation/decision making, even super complex things like a fictional hospice for people with stasis-taint.

• 1Like