Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
i meant Dragonsong - the new one

PuGs are gonna be rough for awhile regardless till strats are figured out World First Racers haven't even hit the actual "Reprise" part of the event so far too give you an idea of how rough it is.

My static like I said we hit EstHogg 3 times, the final major mech from Thordan just has a lot of variations and it's all about figuring out the rules for how the easy versions come out ..

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
i meant Dragonsong - the new one
I'd say it's too early to figure if this is clearable in pugs. Maybe, the previous ones kinda were, but usually it takes quite a bit of time for the strats to come out that makes it easy to pug, and even then you're looking at hundreds of hours to progress. You could likely learn a fair bit of the earlier parts then join a static that's on the later parts to clear like that, but fully pug might be rough, but who knows we haven't really seen the whole fight even.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Lol what the fuck is that ultimate fight.

So you do Vault (Hauchefaunt death), Thordan, Nidhogg which is how it actually happened.

Then you do it again but this time save Hauchefaunt and you do the alternate reality of you not immediately going after Thordan because of the death? Which involves God Mode Thordan absorbing everything?

And there's 10 phases?

It's like if Warlord of Draenor was a single raid encounter.

Last edited:

Cybsled

It’s kind of clever. Sort of like a Phil Coulson must die so the Avengers form, except with elf bro

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Lol what the fuck is that ultimate fight.

So you do Vault (Hauchefaunt death), Thordan, Nidhogg which is how it actually happened.

Then you do it again but this time save Hauchefaunt and you do the alternate reality of you not immediately going after Thordan because of the death? Which involves God Mode Thordan absorbing everything?

And there's 10 phases?

It's like if Warlord of Draenor was a single raid encounter.

It's a massive "What If" every person who cared about the story wanted too know... And we get answers cause holy shit I saw a flick of Nael...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
One thing to consider too is that player skill goes up over time, like people are a lot better now than they were during UWU, so overall you could say it's even harder than just based on the duration it takes to clear relatively.

It's funny it starts with a checkpoint doorboss so everyone at first was like "uh, did they make this shit easy".

Also loving the concept of the fight's "story".

Shit definitely looks way too hard for me though I wouldn't even bother attempting it. No way I could keep motivated long enough to get through the whole thing.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
it has such a tight DPS check not only for the rewind but the first full phase with King Thordan after saving the boy is also a massive check...

and he has another 2 totally different attacks with the enslaved dragons.. Death of the Heavens has my static going wtf ?!?!

I think it might actually be bugged, that "Spear of the Fury" just wipes anyone out even with invul up...

Figured it out..

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
One thing to consider too is that player skill goes up over time, like people are a lot better now than they were during UWU, so overall you could say it's even harder than just based on the duration it takes to clear relatively.

It's funny it starts with a checkpoint doorboss so everyone at first was like "uh, did they make this shit easy".

Also loving the concept of the fight's "story".

Shit definitely looks way too hard for me though I wouldn't even bother attempting it. No way I could keep motivated long enough to get through the whole thing.
Are there any other checkpoints?

I saw speculation that since you repeat Phase 1 later on, the checkpoint was just to prevent you practicing Phaae 1 so it's still a challenge when it repeats.

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Are there any other checkpoints?

I saw speculation that since you repeat Phase 1 later on, the checkpoint was just to prevent you practicing Phaae 1 so it's still a challenge when it repeats.

No, I don't believe so. I am fairly confident that checkpoint is for technical reasons to set the fight flags back properly / reset. Besides the LB bar change there are HP values adjusted as well to prevent you from going to deep into a second cycle again.

Cybsled

Rin's static discovered something interesting - at a certain point in the 2nd half, Thordan doesnt enrage if you DPS him low enough. He basically looks defeated and asks for mercy if you get him as low as 1%. If you kill him, the dragons eventually wipe you. Theory is you have to spare Thordan, then he eventually will deal with the dragons and you enter the final phase of the fight.

Last edited:

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Honestly I think the checkpoint is just too set-up for the Rewind, which they could have just done with the LB resets but the DPS check is so tight .. It will get easier though there is already a easier version of eye's floating around that makes it *4head* easy..

Cybsled

This fight is pretty nuts - saving Hauchebro results in him and Ysale holding back dragons in p6. Hsravelger also has a thing where if anyone in the raid dies to his mechanics, he goes berserk because he broke his vow to Shiva to not kill men and insta-wipes the raid.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Nidhogg has that same effect but it has something too do with his "Mortal Bow" ability. Only got too that phase a couple times but all done for this week might be able too get more time in over the week, but just hitting that far is still RNG cause Death of the Heavens just acts really wonky sometimes..