Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

skylan_sl

shitlord
Every time they patch I have to dick around with Zonealarm security settings. Most of the time, anything but the 1017 error has been related to my firewall. Anyways, woke up at 5:45, logged in with a 128 person queue on bahemoth and will be AFK'ing there until after work and my fantasy draft. The auto logout and higher capacity queue should be a no brainer at this point...

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
For anyone who didn't know (me) you can get your digital CE codes from the findmyorder.com link in your purchase email.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This may have been said already, but wasnt the reason for no anti kick in FF11 was you could use your character as a store? Or was that done offline also? I actually liked that in FF11. I knew what guys would have the gear I needed after a bit.

Also the autohotkey works great. TYVM. I got mine working for 2560x1600.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im pretty sure that if they wanted an auto AFK kick they would of had one by now. But its hard not to think that one would help right now, at least until they get their shit straight.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
That wouldn't be any fun anyway
smile.png

The thought of pubbies frantically spending hours on end clicking over and over is hilarious when we all have macros and can go downstairs for 15 minutes, come back up, and are in game haha!

We have won another battle!

bayr_sl

shitlord
patch notes
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1097559

didn't add anti-AFK kick for those wondering, just mostly conjurer class quest hotfixes

also lobby server seems to be giving a lot of 2002s, took me 4-5 before I was able to get in (7am PST)
I was wondering about those CNJ quests. Didn't have much trouble with the first one, but the second I had to kite guys around dotting them because they would rape me in like 5 seconds if I stood still. The 3rd I didn't bother after my first attempt, I was going to come back when I was the max level before sync

Needless

Toe Sucker
they apparently had one actually in p3 beta, and took it out
They seem to make poor decisions, They also apparently had the ability to take out quest tracking on specific quests in P3... yet removed it there as well.
Gotta love having level 15 quests being tracked as a level 1 <class>... durrr.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
This may have been said already, but wasnt the reason for no anti kick in FF11 was you could use your character as a store? Or was that done offline also? I actually liked that in FF11. I knew what guys would have the gear I needed after a bit.
You had to stay online to sell, just like most Asian MMOs. I never used that feature though, much preferred selling on Auction House.

They had an optional Auto logout thing in the settings for in case you fell asleep or something though.

Roxby

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah in FF11 you had to sit AFK and sell stuff, just like most asian MMOs.. I remember ragnarok online had a whole class just for selling LOL

FFXIV has retainers now thats like a bank/AH pretty cool, you access them via the inn after finishing the story line of the 3 first dungeons

Myst

Peasant
They seem to make poor decisions, They also apparently had the ability to take out quest tracking on specific quests in P3... yet removed it there as well.
Gotta love having level 15 quests being tracked as a level 1 <class>... durrr.
This is the one thing i hate the most. I don't understand how they have such an infantile tracking system. How hard is it to implement a bit of structure in our Journal? Let us track the quests we want and sort them by class.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Got up for work this morning and logged right in - will be home in 7 hours.... lets see if I'm still logged in, heh. Had a great time playing this weekend, but they need a swift kick in the dick for the way they've set up their servers etc. Have another 4 day weekend coming up starting Saturday, and I've no doubt it will be a pita to get on with everyone off work Monday....

Needless

Toe Sucker
I did the same thing, woke up at 6am for work.. went and logged in immediately then continued on with my day.
Hopefully i'm still on when i get home in 3ish hours lol (yay for short day before vacation begins tomorrow!)

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Crunched for 14 hours yesterday and knocked some shit out so that I could poopsock this weekend.

Now I learn we're going 200 miles round trip on Saturday for a 1 year olds birthday party. God damn. That wipes out Friday night's gaming.

Tiger Roach shall return.... Sunday!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
For those idling afk: Turn the refresh down to 30 in the in game settings menu, your video card will run 10 plus degrees cooler (mine runs almost 20 degrees cooler) and will use half as much energy. Less wear on the video card, less electric bill.

Go from 60 degrees C to 43 degrees C on my 670 and it literally goes from 98% power draw to 56% power draw.