Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
From what I understand, there are two things happening tonight. Adding servers and adding capacity to duty finder. The duty finder is the reason for the hard cap of 5k on all servers or else we'd be in 3012 hell again. So the theory is once they add capacity, the caps get lifted and thus there is no need to transfer. I think the new servers are for new players . My concern is I don't see anything that addresses their lobby issues, that is what has been killing them lately, almost as much as 1017. I got a feeling the server lists are going to have trouble staying up for the next few days.

As far as popularity, I think the first week of Rift had this many interested or pretty close to it.
SWTOR launch wasinsane.

Still can't believe the degree to which they fucked all of that up.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Thirty minutes after I finally get in the game after a day and a half of trying, they do maintenance. FMFWL.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Thirty minutes after I finally get in the game after a day and a half of trying, they do maintenance. FMFWL.
Not the same level of shittiness, but got the maintenance message during Darkhold, and the healer bailed after the 2nd boss. We could have gone beast mode and finished it. Good times.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I will sympathize with you based on your avatar alone. Bro hugs.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ahh.. okay, so continue as the "primary" class then for awhile i guess? I was unlocking the airship shit, but didnt finish the full quest, I'm guessing I should do that
No no, the quest hubs are opened by the related story quest. So you're never going to unlock these quests, unless you make another char that starts there. There just isn't many quests, and basically enough for 1 char(at certain level ranges there's more, like I had a bunch of left overs at 30 or so that I used on my botanist, got me an easy level). Leveling an alt is done by simply killing shit, completing your hunting log(which only gets you a level, but eh that's one level every 10levels) and doing FATEs. Lots of FATEs. FATE reward is affected by the 50% bonus xp from playing a class other than your highest, meaning you level up super fucking fast. It is also super fucking boring, but it's not grindy boring. I mean, grindy boring, but not slow grind boring.

Do fates, do xp chains on random mobs inbetween, do dungeons if you're a healer/tank whenever they open(first lvl you get chain xp since mobs are same lvl as you, so dungeons are good xp then but if you're DPS you'll get a level before you get a queue pop up), do hunting log, do leves if you don't plan on lvling crafting anytime soon and/or are at the cap of leve(99).

Skrigg

Golden Squire
Yeah I ended up grabbing a copy from Amazon myself today. Now its a matter of being able to create a character on the server my friends are playing on
tongue.png

turbo

Molten Core Raider
For those on the fence, people will always find things to bitch about and this game has a few things that make you wonder wtf where they thinking but in this case its usually "damn such an amazing game EXCEPT for XYZ". Its pretty damn fun and I'd highly recommend it for casuals or serious gamers alike up to this point. I need to get Titan down still but all and all it has something for everyone. It just sucks because some guilds had good luck with server log ins etc and others had half their members hardly get to play. We have a very competitive high end guild but are lacking a tank and another healer from doing much group activities for primals etc since all the planned tank/healers seemed to get locked out for days on end.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
I've had every intention of being an end game healer, but I haven't even unlocked Scholar yet due to logouts and spending time with my wife and kid. Holy shit does having a kid completely crush your ability to do any sort of gaming while they are awake (assuming you want to be around as a parent anyway).

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Naw man, the whole FC has moved on. If you weren't 50 and running AK and HM's this past weekend, just quit. I hit 50 on Monday and I've basically decided I missed out.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I have been crafting and not leveling... but i'll level for sure. Is SCH > WHM for healing? I was a cleric in EQ for 10 years. I love me some healing.