Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Mugaaz_sl

shitlord
Different items for PVP? Fuck, can I get an expanded inventory or something then? Already have way too much shit.
Yeah, the armoury chest system doesnt work. Between all my tradeskills, gathering, and other stuff. Every slot is now filled, There is no way to sort stuff. Even if you sort it manually its useless, and it will disorganize it for you within a few class switches. I don't know what the solution is, but if they put pvp gear in, along with different pvp gear for different roles, I will not be able to do it without banking my gear each time I want to pvp. I don't get the whole point of the job switching mechanic when you dont have enough slots for even half of it. I used to keep gear I found for when I was going to level class X, but you can't. You just don't have the room.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So have we lost half the population since no more free time for 1.0's?
tongue.png

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Citation needed. I would like to know what hardware limitations would manifest if the GCD was lowered. Hint: none.

It's a shitty mechanic but I am almost guaranteeing its there as a design choice and not a hardware limitation.
Honestly, seems like it's a netcode limitation. Given how shitty the networking is when moving into and out-of red circles (and the timing related to it), it seems (to me at least) the GCD being 2.5s is related to having to check and recheck the positioning of players too often with a lower GCD.

So have we lost half the population since no more free time for 1.0's?
tongue.png
Given these people bought (and played) v1.0, I'm pretty sure most, if not all, subscribed for longer than just their free time.

Vinen

God is dead
Citation needed. I would like to know what hardware limitations would manifest if the GCD was lowered. Hint: none.

It's a shitty mechanic but I am almost guaranteeing its there as a design choice and not a hardware limitation.
Input limitation for controllers.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Input limitation for controllers.
Even at 500ms and lower I don't see that being an issue, or playing other games would be really fucking shitty.

You could argue the netcode case, but do JP's playing on JP servers exhibit the same issue? If they do, then maybe, but if they don't then I guarantee SE doesn't care about it. In FFXI they didn't give NA's any love until years after launch.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Even at 500ms and lower I don't see that being an issue, or playing other games would be really fucking shitty.

You could argue the netcode case, but do JP's playing on JP servers exhibit the same issue? If they do, then maybe, but if they don't then I guarantee SE doesn't care about it. In FFXI they didn't give NA's any love until years after launch.
Ask Chysamere nicely to test it out on a JP server then I guess, not sure how else to validate that for you.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't really need any validation personally, I just think it's probably a design choice for slower combat. There were similar restraints in FFXI except they were hard-coded cooldowns on most spells/abilities and the TP mechanic.

I just don't think it's as cut and dry as blaming this on the hardware of PS3/PS4. Although, truth be told, FFXI for PC was neutered because it was downscaled to match the PS2 version in many aspects.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Curious if anyone is playing both console and PC versions ? I've heard in a few threads people saying they noticed slower updates on character models on the console side than the PC side , and as said may well have more to do with the networking than specifically cpu/gpu limitations.

I'm actually considering finally getting a PS3 both for my kids and also to occasionally log in and try this on the big screen at times even if most of my play time is going to remain on the PC side.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought about getting my wife a copy of it for PS3. She's never played an MMO before, so I'm thinking it's probably a bad idea. She probably spent weeks playing Candy Crush.

Vinen

God is dead

Nothing to do with netcode. I suspect its choice based on how long it takes a user to select his or her next spell. Remember, not everyone is using Keyboard/Mouse. Nor should they have to-

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I thought about getting my wife a copy of it for PS3. She's never played an MMO before, so I'm thinking it's probably a bad idea. She probably spent weeks playing Candy Crush.
it is a bad idea. i did this and she doesn't want to play it.

never again.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I bought the PS3 version this weekend to play at the GFs house with her, It's... an alternative? but much, much worse than playing on a PC.
For example: Theres a collection FATE in Aleport that i was trying to do on the PS3, but could not finish because the collector NPC would not load on my screen, yet does fine on the PC.

Little shit like that kind of ruins it, but i don't think i'd ever plan on doing anything major on it just because theres a very noticeable latency on pretty much everything combat related.. spells don't cast even remotely immediately, animations are stuck standing there then just kind of jerk to the end of it when your spell casts if there is too much going on around you.

Definitely playable, but you might miss out on some stuff heh.

I do enjoy the fact that i can play it casually on a large screen, while slumped on the couch or in bed though. This is what makes it nice, specially if you're doing that and just doing some casual grinding/leveling.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Nothing to do with netcode. I suspect its choice based on how long it takes a user to select his or her next spell. Remember, not everyone is using Keyboard/Mouse. Nor should they have to-
They shouldn't have to but if anything I think it's about the same amount of time to cast a spell using a PS3 controller or a keyboard.

I have both versions, the PS3 version looks absolutely terrible when played side by side to PC and it also runs like shit. For whoever asked.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
You need the slower GCD for the massive animations tied to every attack. Including off-global abilities, which of course is obnoxious as all hell.