Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So, I'm re-subbed and patched and now I'm trying to do a server transfer. It's failing and this is the list of possible reasons:

Why Was My Transfer Declined?

- Your character may be enlisted in a free company, signed to a free company petition, or have submitted an application to join a free company.
- Your character may be currently logged into the game.
- Your character's retainer may currently have items for sale.
- The calamity salvager may still possess items from your inventory (only applicable to characters transferred from Version 1.0).
- Your character's retainer has not been rehired (only applicable to characters transferred from Version 1.0).
- One or more characters subject to transfer may be located in the Mordion Gaol.
- One or more characters subject to transfer may have logged out while in an instanced area.
- Your character may have logged out in a residential area.
- You may not have accessed the in-game character selection screen of your desired destination World prior to applying for World transfer.

So eh, any tricks to making this work or narrowing down the issue?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
What Square Enix has done with FFXIV is nothing short of a miracle. They seem to bereapingtherewardsfor making one of the riskiest bets in MMO history. They're launching in China later this year and have arobust expansionin the wings. Apparently, they also did agreat jobwith thePS4version and theremote play on Vitalooks fantastic.

Also, while Wildstar has been getting a lot of attention lately with their end game content, FFXIV's end game is nothing to sneeze either.

So you just hit 50, and now you're wondering where to go from here. Well, I don't think anyone can tell you explicitly what should be done in exactly what order, and you certainly can skips steps, but here's the most gentle slope for introduction to end-game.

Tier 0 - Preparation & Requirements

• Finish Your Job/Story Quests - Your Job quests will net you your last skills and your Artifact gear. Do them. Main quest completion at least through Praetorium is required for literally every piece of content outside of this tier, and many later on will require completion beyond that.
  • Replace Your Trash Items - If you have any items below iLevel 45, they should probably be replaced with crafted/purchased items. You should pay particular attention to your weaponry. You can jump up as high as item level 90, depending on how much gil you have/are willing to spend, but bare minimum in all slots should be i45+.
  • Castrum Meridianum and The Praetorium - You'll need to run them once for story. If you feel uncomfortable with the idea of 8 man content you can run them once or twice extra, but you should otherwise avoid them outside of Duty Roulette: Story Mode, which unlocks after completing them both, as the base Mythology reward is rather low for their time investment.
  • Wanderer's Palace and Amdapor Keep - You'll have to do at least AK for your Relic quest eventually, but they also drop iLevel 55 gear to get you started, and are an easy completion even in fresh 50 gear. They should help ease you into the idea of 4 man dungeons at level 50, and how various classes perform with their full skill set.
  • Cross Class Skills - Every Job is a little different on how much they depend on cross-class skills, but at absolute minimum, by the time you reach Tier 2 you should have access to all of the Cross-Class skills considered even moderately useful for your Job.

Tier 1 - The First Steps

• Expectations - Beyond this point you should have Praetorium completed, and a basic set of gear in the iLevel range of 45-55 or higher. Gear from content in this range is iLevel 60-80.
  • Relic Quest Line - One of the first stops for a fresh 50 should be picking up your Relic Quest line. Even if you don't want to take it all the way to Novus, it's a good way to jump up into the i80-90 weaponry tier relatively quickly.
  • Big 3 HM Primals - Ifrit, Garuda, and Titan HM will all be required of you for a number of unlocks, and completion of your Relic quest. Go bang them out in an afternoon. With big Echo bonuses, and propensity for higher iLevel/experience players to join you via Duty Roulette: Trials, none of these save perhaps Titan should present you with any terrible difficulty. The Big 3 HM Primals must be completed to gain access to The Binding Coil of Bahamut later on.
  • Main Story Continuation/Secondary HM Primals - Continue working on your post-Praetorium Story and you'll eventually run into Moogle Mog, Leviathan, and Ramuh HM. You'll need them all dead and the story wrapped up all the way to its current 2.3 completion eventually for unlocks, and Moggle can drop silly i75 weapons for the Moogle addicted.
  • Gilgamesh - A for-fun/no-rewards fight in the Hildebrand Storyline; required if you want to unlock Duty Roulette: Trials. Should be no difficulty at any iLevel.
  • Pharos Sirius and Haukke/Copperbell HM - These four man dungeons should present you no particular difficulties even at an average iLevel of 55-60, assuming some of your other party members are above that level. You should be going through each four man dungeon at least once so that you can unlock Duty Roulette: Hard Mode.
  • Amdapor Township and Brayflox/Halatali HM - Same as above, only with a slightly higher difficulty curve, aim for iLevel 60-70 before jumping in them. Brayflox HM will likely be many people's first experience with the dungeon speed running mentality, so be prepared for much bigger pulls than you're used to. Once you have completed all the dungeons listed to this point at least once you will gain access to Duty Roulette: Hard Mode.
  • Labyrinth of the Ancients - The first Crystal Tower/24 man, you'll need it completed for unlock status later for the second zone, and it drops i80 gear with no loot restriction.
  • Hunts - You should now be able to unlock the Hunts system, which allows you to reap great rewards from overworld Notorious Monsters. Unlock this as soon as possible and get into a Hunts Linkshell or a larger FC if this is something that interests you.
  • Mythic Armor - You should be able to purchase at least a few pieces of Mythic armor either with Mythology tomes, or Hunt Marks. This should help boost your iLevel rapidly. If you have enough Soldiery Tomes you can also begin purchasing iLevel 100 Weathered gear with them.
  • PvP & Frontlines - You should now be able to unlock Frontlines PvP and level 50 Arena mode PvP. Frontlines can be a great way to acquire Tomestones and PvP exp while having fun, as long as you can deal with the Frontlines queue insanity.
  • Side-Stories - You should now also have access to start the Hildebrand, Courrier, and Winebauds series of Sidequests. These provide various small item rewards, and can be a lot of silly fun.
  • Other Unlocks - There are many small system related unlocks at level 50, from Glamours and Personal Rooms to Chocobo Raising, Parley, and more. Keep an eye out for any odd Level 50 quests in zones you walk through, or people chatting about systems you don't recognize.

Tier 2 - Beyond Your First Relic - The Beginnings of the Difficulty Curve.

• Expectations - By this point you should be in the ilevel ~70+ range, with a weapon at least at iLevel 80. Content in this tier provides gear in the range of i80-i100. Content from this point onward will begin sharply spiking up in difficulty, both in terms of numerical requirements and mechanical prowess.
  • Hullbreaker Isle and Tam Tara/Stone Vigil HM - These three dungeons constitute the Duty Roulette: Expert block currently. Clear them each at least once, or farm them if that's your preferred method of i80 acquisition and Soldiery farming.
  • Ballad: Ultima - At this point, Ultima most likely will provide little that will be of use to you, but if you want to clear him once for fun, or really need an i80 neck piece, Minstrel's Ballad: Ultima's Bane is there. A clear on this is eventually required for Savage Mode Second Coil, far down the line, should you get to that point.
  • Big 3 EX Primals - Garuda, Titan, and Ifrit EX are one of many paths to an i90 weapon and i90 accessories. They have been dropped as requirements for other content, so if you don't feel like you need more i90 gear, or are struggling to complete some of these, it is now possible to skip over them.
  • The Binding Coil of Bahamut - The biggest method to farm up i90-95 gear at this point, the original Binding Coil will provide you with your first taste of Premier 8 man content, albeit with a very generous Echo buff and a few nerfs to the numbers and mechanics of the fights. Completion of Turn 5 is required for access to the Second Coil of Bahamut.
  • Leviathan and Moggle Mog EX - These two are required for Ramuh EX down the line, and can provide you with i95/i100 gear, including weaponry. Both have had progressive Echo added in 2.3, which should make clearing and farming them easy enough to let them drop down a tier.
  • Syrcus Tower - The second Crystal Tower/24 man instance. This will get you access to a single i100 drop per week, or an Oil of Time/Unidentified Allagan Tomestone for access to an i110 accessory upgrade or i100 weapon purchase.
  • Relic Zenith/Animus/Novus - The long path of upgrading your relic. None of the steps require clearing any of the harder content, and are more focused on simple grinding. If that sounds like something that would appeal to you, this can be a path to a long term best-in-slot weapon for many classes.
  • Weathered Gear - Keep capping your Soldiery weekly, and use those tomes to Acquire Weathered Gear. Upgrading these pieces requires Sands/Oils of time, which can be acquired via Syrcus Tower, Hunts, and Second Coil.

Tier 3 - Turn 5 and Beyond - The True End-Game

• Expectations - By this point you should have completed Turn 5 or be actively working on it. Content from here on out will drop all pretenses of the Echo buff and require you to actively work on your skills and gear to make the cut. A minimum iLevel of 90 in all slots should be considered for the following content. The below content provides rewards in the i100-115 range.
  • Ramuh EX - Another source of i100 weapons, and i100 rings. A challenging but readily beatable fight. Can save you some Soldiery or help smooth out bad drop luck from Second Coil.
  • The Second Coil of Bahamut - The real heart of End Game content currently. Four turns, four bosses, and a whole lot of suffering. Expect to need a static group, and/or a whole mountain of dedication to clear the turns. Drops i110 gear, i110 upgrade items, and the coveted i115 weapons from the final turn. Turn 4 completion is required for access to Savage mode.

Tier 4 - For the Brave

• Expectations - In order to tackle the content in this tier, you must have completed both Second Coil Turn 4 and Ballad: Ultima. Your gear should all be i110+ or close to it. Content in this tier is purely for bragging rights/titles, and not for the feint of heart or easily enraged.
  • The Second Coil of Bahamut (Savage) - The insane man's version of the Second Coil. Provides no added benefits other than a title for each turn cleared, at an insane difficulty spike. Maybe you'll be the first to clear some of these turns?
hey, badass, I just subbed to this last night out of boredom. Couple quick questions though:
Is leveling after you've done the 2.0 questlines pretty much fate grinding?
Did they ever make it possible to actually make gil at cap?

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
hey, badass, I just subbed to this last night out of boredom. Couple quick questions though:
Is leveling after you've done the 2.0 questlines pretty much fate grinding?
Did they ever make it possible to actually make gil at cap?
You don't grind gil in the game now. That shit is old school.

Gil is overflowing from quests... where before people ran fates for everything, there are literally too many dailies scattered around for people to do everything they want right now. There simply is TOO much content in the game and too many ways to make money, and none of it is 'devalued'.

Example: You can run a dungeon like Haukke which is a low level 25ish thing, and in the chest there is always a drop called "Fine Wax'. That one wax sells for 130-150kish on the AH. The dungeon takes 30 mins for low levels to run or if you have higher toons, even faster (leveled down of course). That mat is used for a lot of the new crafts and the game is chock full of those kind of opportunities right now so no grinding necessary. This is what groups at 50 used to do until SE stopped it:
Even though that can't be done anymore (by just leaving) there are still lots of tricks in the game.

If you want to do grinds for cash though, find out which mobs drop a lot of the new mats that people use for housing (market blew open because everyone can have a room now and put 15 things in) and start farming that. You can also mine, fish or botanize (trademarked) for new mats like marble or granite and resell at a nice price.

If you don't want to do that, spiritbind gear grinding on 45-50 mobs and rip out the material, resell (that went up again due to new gear) and profit. Send your retainers out for daily or hourly items, they all (can have three) come back with items that can be valuable and they all have gil rewards to boot.
Do maps with other folks, lots of valuable things are coming from those people sell. You can do many types of maps now and the Alex maps are pretty hot.

You can do Hunts which garner its and get you a shitload of Myth tombs, and when I say shitload I'm talking Mexican-Asian cat street food inducing shitloads. Take that Myth, buy mats in Mor Dhana and sell those on the AH.

Seriously right now, if someone can't make money in this game they are just plain lazy.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
First question was about exp grinding on new classes, but the gil grinding stuff is great, thanks!

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
First question was about exp grinding on new classes, but the gil grinding stuff is great, thanks!
"Is leveling after you've done the 2.0 questlines pretty much fate grinding? "
============
Fatelines.. do you mean the whole main story or...?

Unsure of what you mean by 'leveling after you've done the 2.0 questlines'. The only FATE grinding after someone hits 50 is for the Atmas weapon, but you don't have to do that if you're not raiding and even if you are, there are alternative drops that are even better now like Weathered weapons and stuff.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I did all available quests in the game at ARR launch. When I went to level a new class the only option at the time was grinding fates.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They added dailies and dungeon roulette and whatever the fuck else, I read FATE grinding wasn't actually how you level anymore, even though I'm not entirely sure how it works.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Bros im on Gilg. I left my FC full of transgendered people on Excalibur (serious. I called a girl a dude in mumble and they all freaked out at me...but she did sound like a guy). Look for Cole Slaw

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
I did all available quests in the game at ARR launch. When I went to level a new class the only option at the time was grinding fates.
You must want my Abridged List of Levelling Since 2.1, then:

TLDR - FATE farming is out save for Atma and (less so) Animus relic work.

- Dungeon experience was massively increased. (Example: 1 Sastasha trash gives about 1.5x more experience than a world Lv50 NPC.)
- Duty Roulette: Low Level was added. Upon completion, you are awarded a (40?)% chunk of your (unsync'd) level less the amount earned in the dungeon.*
- Battlecraft and Granc Company leves were boosted in experience; they're about a side quest's amount, but still on the clunky timer system (I say clunky because of Duty queues popping during one = sadface).
- Gatherers and Crafters had massive boosts, in gathering exp and their leves. Crafters are not that difficult to raise, especially if you have all your gatherersand retainers(HINT) able to feed you materials.

*(That's how it was explained to me for determining the exp dump to explain why lower dungeons 'give more' than level appropriate dungeons do.)

@Meko: Of that list you posted, I can only think of reallytwoone scenarios:

- You have a char on another server you don't know or forgot about that falls under one of those restrictions.(I can't read.)
- The retainer bit. The Retainer menu (for calling them) likes to white lie about 'not selling' if you haven't accessed them after their experiation dates for selling crap. For instance, I was on hiatus for WildStar levelling, so 2-3 weeks, but coming back my retainers "weren't selling" a total of about 9 items between the two (they were still on the list for sale; it's just that they weren't actively selling them because I hadn't summoned the retainer to 'update' the expiration date/time). Check your retainers to see if they have anything on their "to be sold" list and clear it all out before trying again.

ramp

Silver Knight of the Realm
What Square Enix has done with FFXIV is nothing short of a miracle. They seem to bereapingtherewardsfor making one of the riskiest bets in MMO history. They're launching in China later this year and have arobust expansionin the wings. Apparently, they also did agreat jobwith thePS4version and theremote play on Vitalooks fantastic.

Also, while Wildstar has been getting a lot of attention lately with their end game content, FFXIV's end game is nothing to sneeze either.

So you just hit 50, and now you're wondering where to go from here. Well, I don't think anyone can tell you explicitly what should be done in exactly what order, and you certainly can skips steps, but here's the most gentle slope for introduction to end-game.

Tier 0 - Preparation & Requirements

• Finish Your Job/Story Quests - Your Job quests will net you your last skills and your Artifact gear. Do them. Main quest completion at least through Praetorium is required for literally every piece of content outside of this tier, and many later on will require completion beyond that.
  • Replace Your Trash Items - If you have any items below iLevel 45, they should probably be replaced with crafted/purchased items. You should pay particular attention to your weaponry. You can jump up as high as item level 90, depending on how much gil you have/are willing to spend, but bare minimum in all slots should be i45+.
  • Castrum Meridianum and The Praetorium - You'll need to run them once for story. If you feel uncomfortable with the idea of 8 man content you can run them once or twice extra, but you should otherwise avoid them outside of Duty Roulette: Story Mode, which unlocks after completing them both, as the base Mythology reward is rather low for their time investment.
  • Wanderer's Palace and Amdapor Keep - You'll have to do at least AK for your Relic quest eventually, but they also drop iLevel 55 gear to get you started, and are an easy completion even in fresh 50 gear. They should help ease you into the idea of 4 man dungeons at level 50, and how various classes perform with their full skill set.
  • Cross Class Skills - Every Job is a little different on how much they depend on cross-class skills, but at absolute minimum, by the time you reach Tier 2 you should have access to all of the Cross-Class skills considered even moderately useful for your Job.

Tier 1 - The First Steps

• Expectations - Beyond this point you should have Praetorium completed, and a basic set of gear in the iLevel range of 45-55 or higher. Gear from content in this range is iLevel 60-80.
  • Relic Quest Line - One of the first stops for a fresh 50 should be picking up your Relic Quest line. Even if you don't want to take it all the way to Novus, it's a good way to jump up into the i80-90 weaponry tier relatively quickly.
  • Big 3 HM Primals - Ifrit, Garuda, and Titan HM will all be required of you for a number of unlocks, and completion of your Relic quest. Go bang them out in an afternoon. With big Echo bonuses, and propensity for higher iLevel/experience players to join you via Duty Roulette: Trials, none of these save perhaps Titan should present you with any terrible difficulty. The Big 3 HM Primals must be completed to gain access to The Binding Coil of Bahamut later on.
  • Main Story Continuation/Secondary HM Primals - Continue working on your post-Praetorium Story and you'll eventually run into Moogle Mog, Leviathan, and Ramuh HM. You'll need them all dead and the story wrapped up all the way to its current 2.3 completion eventually for unlocks, and Moggle can drop silly i75 weapons for the Moogle addicted.
  • Gilgamesh - A for-fun/no-rewards fight in the Hildebrand Storyline; required if you want to unlock Duty Roulette: Trials. Should be no difficulty at any iLevel.
  • Pharos Sirius and Haukke/Copperbell HM - These four man dungeons should present you no particular difficulties even at an average iLevel of 55-60, assuming some of your other party members are above that level. You should be going through each four man dungeon at least once so that you can unlock Duty Roulette: Hard Mode.
  • Amdapor Township and Brayflox/Halatali HM - Same as above, only with a slightly higher difficulty curve, aim for iLevel 60-70 before jumping in them. Brayflox HM will likely be many people's first experience with the dungeon speed running mentality, so be prepared for much bigger pulls than you're used to. Once you have completed all the dungeons listed to this point at least once you will gain access to Duty Roulette: Hard Mode.
  • Labyrinth of the Ancients - The first Crystal Tower/24 man, you'll need it completed for unlock status later for the second zone, and it drops i80 gear with no loot restriction.
  • Hunts - You should now be able to unlock the Hunts system, which allows you to reap great rewards from overworld Notorious Monsters. Unlock this as soon as possible and get into a Hunts Linkshell or a larger FC if this is something that interests you.
  • Mythic Armor - You should be able to purchase at least a few pieces of Mythic armor either with Mythology tomes, or Hunt Marks. This should help boost your iLevel rapidly. If you have enough Soldiery Tomes you can also begin purchasing iLevel 100 Weathered gear with them.
  • PvP & Frontlines - You should now be able to unlock Frontlines PvP and level 50 Arena mode PvP. Frontlines can be a great way to acquire Tomestones and PvP exp while having fun, as long as you can deal with the Frontlines queue insanity.
  • Side-Stories - You should now also have access to start the Hildebrand, Courrier, and Winebauds series of Sidequests. These provide various small item rewards, and can be a lot of silly fun.
  • Other Unlocks - There are many small system related unlocks at level 50, from Glamours and Personal Rooms to Chocobo Raising, Parley, and more. Keep an eye out for any odd Level 50 quests in zones you walk through, or people chatting about systems you don't recognize.

Tier 2 - Beyond Your First Relic - The Beginnings of the Difficulty Curve.

• Expectations - By this point you should be in the ilevel ~70+ range, with a weapon at least at iLevel 80. Content in this tier provides gear in the range of i80-i100. Content from this point onward will begin sharply spiking up in difficulty, both in terms of numerical requirements and mechanical prowess.
  • Hullbreaker Isle and Tam Tara/Stone Vigil HM - These three dungeons constitute the Duty Roulette: Expert block currently. Clear them each at least once, or farm them if that's your preferred method of i80 acquisition and Soldiery farming.
  • Ballad: Ultima - At this point, Ultima most likely will provide little that will be of use to you, but if you want to clear him once for fun, or really need an i80 neck piece, Minstrel's Ballad: Ultima's Bane is there. A clear on this is eventually required for Savage Mode Second Coil, far down the line, should you get to that point.
  • Big 3 EX Primals - Garuda, Titan, and Ifrit EX are one of many paths to an i90 weapon and i90 accessories. They have been dropped as requirements for other content, so if you don't feel like you need more i90 gear, or are struggling to complete some of these, it is now possible to skip over them.
  • The Binding Coil of Bahamut - The biggest method to farm up i90-95 gear at this point, the original Binding Coil will provide you with your first taste of Premier 8 man content, albeit with a very generous Echo buff and a few nerfs to the numbers and mechanics of the fights. Completion of Turn 5 is required for access to the Second Coil of Bahamut.
  • Leviathan and Moggle Mog EX - These two are required for Ramuh EX down the line, and can provide you with i95/i100 gear, including weaponry. Both have had progressive Echo added in 2.3, which should make clearing and farming them easy enough to let them drop down a tier.
  • Syrcus Tower - The second Crystal Tower/24 man instance. This will get you access to a single i100 drop per week, or an Oil of Time/Unidentified Allagan Tomestone for access to an i110 accessory upgrade or i100 weapon purchase.
  • Relic Zenith/Animus/Novus - The long path of upgrading your relic. None of the steps require clearing any of the harder content, and are more focused on simple grinding. If that sounds like something that would appeal to you, this can be a path to a long term best-in-slot weapon for many classes.
  • Weathered Gear - Keep capping your Soldiery weekly, and use those tomes to Acquire Weathered Gear. Upgrading these pieces requires Sands/Oils of time, which can be acquired via Syrcus Tower, Hunts, and Second Coil.

Tier 3 - Turn 5 and Beyond - The True End-Game

• Expectations - By this point you should have completed Turn 5 or be actively working on it. Content from here on out will drop all pretenses of the Echo buff and require you to actively work on your skills and gear to make the cut. A minimum iLevel of 90 in all slots should be considered for the following content. The below content provides rewards in the i100-115 range.
  • Ramuh EX - Another source of i100 weapons, and i100 rings. A challenging but readily beatable fight. Can save you some Soldiery or help smooth out bad drop luck from Second Coil.
  • The Second Coil of Bahamut - The real heart of End Game content currently. Four turns, four bosses, and a whole lot of suffering. Expect to need a static group, and/or a whole mountain of dedication to clear the turns. Drops i110 gear, i110 upgrade items, and the coveted i115 weapons from the final turn. Turn 4 completion is required for access to Savage mode.

Tier 4 - For the Brave

• Expectations - In order to tackle the content in this tier, you must have completed both Second Coil Turn 4 and Ballad: Ultima. Your gear should all be i110+ or close to it. Content in this tier is purely for bragging rights/titles, and not for the feint of heart or easily enraged.
  • The Second Coil of Bahamut (Savage) - The insane man's version of the Second Coil. Provides no added benefits other than a title for each turn cleared, at an insane difficulty spike. Maybe you'll be the first to clear some of these turns?
Even though it's not everyone's cup of tea, this is in my opinion the best mmo since wow, content wise and subscriber wise.
The fact it isn't dead or F2P 6 months in like anything which came before this and WoW is something. There is now simply so much to relevant and fluff to do, and they are not thinking of slowing down either.

darkko_sl

shitlord
Thinking about grabbing this on PS4. Would you guys recommend it still at this point? Don't wanna waste 40 bucks if I've already missed the initial launch fun and then log in and it's a ghost town. Thanks

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thinking about grabbing this on PS4. Would you guys recommend it still at this point? Don't wanna waste 40 bucks if I've already missed the initial launch fun and then log in and it's a ghost town. Thanks
Well, you missed the initial launch fun, that was a year ago.
smile.png
I still recommend this game though, as it's the best tab-target MMO out there that isn't WoW. It also apparently runs extremely well on a PS4.

Population-wise, I don't think you'll have a problem. A lot of folks have comeback for 2.3 and, because of the class system and FATEs, there always seems to be a healthy population at all levels. At least that's been my experience on the Balmung server.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'd say the main issue with PS4 is some classes are rough to play with a gamepad due to having too many shit. Monk for example is quite annoying to play with a pad(at like min maxing level, if you want to casual your way through shit it's just fine). Not impossible, just you need to setup a lot of macros and you need super good muscle memory and shit, it's an added layer of complexity to a class that's already quite annoying to play perfectly(not dropping your buffs, moving from side to back constantly during your rotation etc). Summoner/Scholar is also fairly shit due to having pet commands on top of normal shit. Other classes are fine though and overall it plays very well with a pad, I used one for leveling and shit and it works well with the slower GCD.

This game gets some pretty big updates often too, next major update will have Ninja class so that's a pretty big thing, especially since having a new base class means other classes might get some useful subskills, maybe(not sure how they'll go with that, if they'll add thief as a requirement for existing class retroactively or just let them be shared around freely or what). They're also working on an expansion already even though they haven't talked much about the content. I hope they add a new tank class.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I'd say the main issue with PS4 is some classes are rough to play with a gamepad due to having too many shit. Monk for example is quite annoying to play with a pad(at like min maxing level, if you want to casual your way through shit it's just fine). Not impossible, just you need to setup a lot of macros and you need super good muscle memory and shit, it's an added layer of complexity to a class that's already quite annoying to play perfectly(not dropping your buffs, moving from side to back constantly during your rotation etc). Summoner/Scholar is also fairly shit due to having pet commands on top of normal shit. Other classes are fine though and overall it plays very well with a pad, I used one for leveling and shit and it works well with the slower GCD.

This game gets some pretty big updates often too, next major update will have Ninja class so that's a pretty big thing, especially since having a new base class means other classes might get some useful subskills, maybe(not sure how they'll go with that, if they'll add thief as a requirement for existing class retroactively or just let them be shared around freely or what). They're also working on an expansion already even though they haven't talked much about the content. I hope they add a new tank class.
I'd be okay with a Dark Knight tank class. I want a 2h dps class....samurai where u at bro

Chris

Potato del Grande
Looking for a quick reply if possible:

Thinking about buying this, is it worth playing and is there a rerolled guild? Thinking that I'm probably going to be locked up in Europe.