Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Get in line, Valos has been bugging me for weeks, waiting for a decent offer/guilt trip
biggrin.png

Not sure how servers are working for Phase 3 but all our chars are on the Marlboro server, if people are thinking of rolling
They said a while ago they were wiping for phase3, maybe they changed their minds but I wouldn't expect your chars to be there. Still as good as a server as any(well less than Ultros).

Silversnow_sl

shitlord
1.0 characters will be there for phase 3. It's them testing to make sure the transfer didn't screw up. Bonus is you can stomp around available content with them. They will be wiped and transferred again at start of phase 4.

Sarg_sl

shitlord
I'd be up for playing around in the 'official' beta board guild when p3 gets up and running - I am hoping that we get to put our characters on a server of our choice rather than just having them dumped somewhere.... guess only time will tell that (unless I missed an announcement) But either way if we have people doing stuff- I'd still be interested regardless of characters being copied in.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I'll roll on Malboro server when phase 3 starts. When phase 4 starts I'm gonna roll on a server with no legacy players. Want the game to feel fresh with no content being locked down by maxxed characters from day 1

Forbin_sl

shitlord
it was my understanding with phase 3 they were opening up the US and EU servers, and the Malboro server is in japan. Wouldn't it make sense to relocate to a US server for the linkshell/guild?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The Marlboro server is neither legacy nor japan, it's normal NA/US, at least based on the list they released a few days ago.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/361

And I didn't mean 1.0 char I meant p1/2 chars being wiped. Because Marlboro isn't a legacy server it'll probably have nothing left at the start of P3 unless they decide to not wipe P1/2 chars, but since they want people to test low lvl content in other places it seems unlikely.

Forbin_sl

shitlord
The Marlboro server is neither legacy nor japan, it's normal NA/US, at least based on the list they released a few days ago.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/361

And I didn't mean 1.0 char I meant p1/2 chars being wiped. Because Marlboro isn't a legacy server it'll probably have nothing left at the start of P3 unless they decide to not wipe P1/2 chars, but since they want people to test low lvl content in other places it seems unlikely.
oh my bad then..

Since malboro was a japan server in phase 2 i assumed it would continue to be.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Yeah they were. NA/EU server is going to be in Montreal, Canada from what some press info is saying about contracts.

Stave

Potato del Grande
GMG has FFXIV Digital Preorder right now 25% off. Probably about the best deal you will find

Get 25% off select pre-orders using coupon code GMG25-GDSAK-7FPWQ
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - $22.50
Includes Mog Hat + Cait Sith pet + Early Access + 1 month free play
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Digital Collector's Edition - $37.49
Includes the above, plus Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth pet, Coerl mount, and Behemoth barding (chocobo armor set)

Picked up a regular copy myself, even though I already had a 1.0 copy. I wanted the early access, and with getting a month free with the preorder, it's only like $7 extra for me, for the early access, pet, and mog hat. Oh, and you get your early access/special items key code immediately when you purchase.

kahilm_sl

shitlord
GMG has FFXIV Digital Preorder right now 25% off. Probably about the best deal you will find

Get 25% off select pre-orders using coupon code GMG25-GDSAK-7FPWQ
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - $22.50
Includes Mog Hat + Cait Sith pet + Early Access + 1 month free play
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Digital Collector's Edition - $37.49
Includes the above, plus Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth pet, Coerl mount, and Behemoth barding (chocobo armor set)

Picked up a regular copy myself, even though I already had a 1.0 copy. I wanted the early access, and with getting a month free with the preorder, it's only like $7 extra for me, for the early access, pet, and mog hat. Oh, and you get your early access/special items key code immediately when you purchase.
so i already have a 1.0 account - can i use the early access code on the 1.0 account i already have and give out the rest of the account to someone else?

Stave

Potato del Grande
so i already have a 1.0 account - can i use the early access code on the 1.0 account i already have and give out the rest of the account to someone else?
Honestly I couldn't tell you for certain. I heard the code you get ahead of time is a promo code that you can apply to any account, and then closer to release we will all get the actual account key. I have also heard of people preordering on Amazon, who does not charge you until shipping, and planning on using the code on their accounts and then cancelling the preorder so they never receive or buy the account key, but I don't know if this will work, or if Square Enix will go back and remove this from these accounts or what. I just figured I'd play it safe and buy a legit version, it's only 22 bucks and you get a free month.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Damnit, I ordered this from GMG 3 days ago. I better get the cheaper price. I sent a help request with the following:

I pre ordered Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn for $49.99 on 05/06/13.
Within the last day or so you've added a special deal - you've reduced the price to $37.49.
My questions are as follows: Have I been billed already? Will I receive the updated, discounted price? If not, will I receive the difference ($12.50) in store credit?
If I will not receive the updated price, or store credit, this serves at my request to cancel the pre-order. I then intend to re-order it.
Thank you for your help!

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
Damnit, I ordered this from GMG 3 days ago. I better get the cheaper price. I sent a help request with the following:

I pre ordered Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn for $49.99 on 05/06/13.
Within the last day or so you've added a special deal - you've reduced the price to $37.49.
My questions are as follows: Have I been billed already? Will I receive the updated, discounted price? If not, will I receive the difference ($12.50) in store credit?
If I will not receive the updated price, or store credit, this serves at my request to cancel the pre-order. I then intend to re-order it.
Thank you for your help!
That'll show em