Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok I am confused. Is this the same FF mmo that looked pretty but had like four monster types in the whole game and you had to use some weird service outside of Squaresoft to renew your sub? I haven't been following the game but is there a summary of what's been happening since it's initial release?

Pironin_sl

shitlord
If anyone is interested, I have 2 1.0 accounts. I bought 2 for some reason I can't remember. I'll share one of the accounts for anyone wanting to try out the beta. I'm not asking for anything. Just want to share what I'm not using. Send me a message.

Nhilist_sl

shitlord
Very kind gesture, I have friends of mine in my guild that are not Rerolled members, I've been in since early beta but if no one from here takes you up on the offer by Friday, I know they would appreciate trying out the weekend betas.

If anyone is interested, I have 2 1.0 accounts. I bought 2 for some reason I can't remember. I'll share one of the accounts for anyone wanting to try out the beta. I'm not asking for anything. Just want to share what I'm not using. Send me a message.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Ok I am confused. Is this the same FF mmo that looked pretty but had like four monster types in the whole game and you had to use some weird service outside of Squaresoft to renew your sub? I haven't been following the game but is there a summary of what's been happening since it's initial release?
Yes.

Nhilist_sl

shitlord
Let's not completely generalize :p

Is this the same FF mmo that looked pretty but had like four monster types in the whole game
No, there were/are a lot of different mobs with a lot of different appearances and behaviors.

and you had to use some weird service outside of Squaresoft to renew your sub?
And fuckyes!!!! Andsuckwas not a large enough adverb to qualify that drudgery that they put you through (although the snazzy jazz music was cool)

The new interface is much more akin to what we are used to.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
now that the nda is off anyone have a thorough impression? or is not enough of the game released yet?
on a side note, for those us of us who embarassingly bought 1.0 like 2 years ago..whats the best way to get back our acct info so we dont have to buy this again

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
When I try to patch, it asks for a registration code; do I have to dig out something, or will they send me something?

Nhilist_sl

shitlord
When I try to patch, it asks for a registration code; do I have to dig out something, or will they send me something?
Depends, if you have been doing any of the recent beta things, it should let you download without a reg code. If not then, still all is good, this is from lodestone:

Furthermore, users who have version 1.0 registration codes that have not yet been registered will be able to register them and play FFXIV: ARR on PC at the start of the service.
As long as you can log into your SE account and see your purchase of 1.0, you should be good to go. And word around the campfire is if you have not already received a beta invite, if you purchased 1.0, you should be getting one soon-ish.

Slacker242

Lord Nagafen Raider
now that the nda is off anyone have a thorough impression? or is not enough of the game released yet?
on a side note, for those us of us who embarassingly bought 1.0 like 2 years ago..whats the best way to get back our acct info so we dont have to buy this again
Quick and dirty.

I want to log in and play. The starter town quests are a little tedious. Knowing where to go can be a little challenging but not difficult to figure out once you spend a few minutes understanding the map system. Once you get some quests outside of town, the game really opens up. Fear of death is the game which is a giant f'ing thank you for me. The graphics are outstanding as noted by many and seems to scale well from low to high settings without washing out the game. The "feel" is good.

I am not going to detail combat encounters and specific quests or anything. I think you will get enough of that from the detail whores here. In the end I want to play and see more of the world and I haven't said that about an MMO in a long time. I did enjoy my play time and that is all that I need. That is more than I can say about another upcoming mmo. After last Wednesday I don't even know how that thread is on the front page anymore.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Username is different from login so I had to do the online chat service, verfied some info like address at time of purchase and they gave me all the details.

There is still at least two things to login to before you can play etc. Kind of a mess but not as bad.

Pironin_sl

shitlord
Very kind gesture, I have friends of mine in my guild that are not Rerolled members, I've been in since early beta but if no one from here takes you up on the offer by Friday, I know they would appreciate trying out the weekend betas.
Not a problem. I'm still waiting to be able to use my accounts. I imagine that I'll be receiving info with in the next day or so. I'll be in touch with you.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Whoah, actual clarity from SE, it's surprisingly clear...for them.
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...96bf81c212957d
Customers who own a copy of FFXIV version 1.0 and wish to use their account on the PlayStation 3 version will need to purchase a copy of the PlayStation 3 version. It will then be possible to use your characters on either platform by tying your existing service account to the PlayStation 3 version upon launching it for the first time. However, please note that your account will only be able to log into one platform at a time.
That's neat. I assume that will work for the PS4 version once it comes out if you wanted to play on PS3 or PC now and get a PS4 version later, assuming you're still playing by the time that happens.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've got this in my Squaresoft account but I don't have any beta codes and can't access the ffxiv beta forums. Maybe this isn't it?
rrr_img_30515.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's stupid, you shouldn't have to pay for the same game twice for a single account. They should allow you to download the game without giving you a new account key so you can do this. Money-grab is all it is.

Pironin_sl

shitlord
It's stupid, you shouldn't have to pay for the same game twice for a single account. They should allow you to download the game without giving you a new account key so you can do this. Money-grab is all it is.
Maybe you're not following? If you have already purchased the game, you will be able to pick up where you left off. Free of charge, with the subscription of course. They're even offering people with 1.0 accounts a bit of risk free playing time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I was referring to:

Customers who own a copy of FFXIV version 1.0 andwish to use their account on the PlayStation 3 version will need to purchase a copy of the PlayStation 3 version. It will then be possible to use your characters on either platform by tying your existing service account to the PlayStation 3 version upon launching it for the first time. However, please note that your account will only be able to log into one platform at a time.

If I'm using the same account, why not just allow a download of the game for your PS3 so I can play it? rather than forcing me to spend the $60 again? I can understand if someone is making a new account, but I don't see the need to buy multiple boxes of the game to link a single account to.