Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Chris

Potato del Grande
FUCK.

Resubbed, doanloaded game, bought Heavensward through the square website. Expansion key doesn't work.
Turns out that my base game was from steam so I need the steam version of the expansion. Bought a second expansion.
I hope that they give refunds for this shit, missed customer support closing by 10 minutes.

Anyway... do we have a guild on Gilgamesh? I'm a lv50 White Mage.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
You can join Fat Chocobo if you want, there's quite a bunch of RR people in there. Gentle Giant, Gankz Fury, or Xyltch Fury should be online right now, just send them a /tell and say that you know me from Rerolled and you want an FC invite.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Krip I've looked for you for 2 days now ill be on tonight ot make your shit, be there gdit.
You're not gonna see me tonight. Got work all day then going to see some RL friends afterwards, and won't be home until after the servers go down. Send a tell to Gankz Fury, Xyltch Fury, or Gentle Giant for an FC invite.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I don't need FC invite, dork, I have your crafted shit you wanted me to make you. Or, more specifically, you need to get me the mats and I make it. I'll check in tomorrow then.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I don't need FC invite, dork, I have your crafted shit you wanted me to make you. Or, more specifically, you need to get me the mats and I make it. I'll check in tomorrow then.
Oh. Lol. I got that done like right after you logged off by a master crafter in PF. Sorry. XD

Saban_sl

shitlord
What are people doing to level DoH past 50? should i start burning my leves off? And how geared do you need to be to even get past level 50?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Just keep following the main story quest, do the three or four hard mode primals that are required, youll get gear and shit to progress past 50 that way, if you are talking about levelling from 50 to 60. I dunno what you mean by DoH so if youre talking about crafting or something I havent levelled that shit at all yet.

WageSlave

Golden Knight of the Realm
They do eventually end. Really helps if you have your flying mount for that zone. I ended up doing pretty much every single HW quest on my main during the 50-60 grind and still had to grind dungeons to hit max. I'm not sure what I will do when it comes time to level an alt job. Normally I use a combo of fates and dungeons to level alt jobs but in HW fates are completely abandoned. Nobody runs them. I did not see a single fate group the entire time. Scary. I'm gonna work on gathering and crafting before attempting the 50-60 grind for Dragoon. Hopefully by then the Fates situation will have resolved itself and there will be regular fate groups in the HW zones.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Shiva quest (2.4) is fucking awful. Please tell me that it gets better :/ I resubbed because Knights of the Round as a final boss is AWESOME.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Patch notes somewhat fixed fates I think. I like the dragoon change, though they still should not have the rear/side garbage still. As for crafting, all I can say is leves and GC turn ins for great justice. Also protip: A lot of the gear you get while leveling are turn ins for leves or GC turnins. You can save a lot of time, especially since they give them HQ. Early on when I leveled, it was nice buying all that shit from the MB for 15k each pre-made when it cost 30k to make at that time lol.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not to beat a dead horse (even though I haven't logged in for like almost two weeks, haw) but the biggest boon you can do yourself when it comes to crafting is to have at least one combat class retainer (or 2, or 8, since the gatherer ones apparently suck) and use them to avoid having to run around killing stuff with a shitty droprate all the time. Other than that, leves and GC fates. Gathering I haven't burned any leves on and they are easily on par with my crafters(mostly higher), simply due to the shear amount of the crap materials you need to make things. 5 sand = 1 nugget, 1 nugget+4 ore = one ingot. The worst is the leather and random alchemist drops by far. And you need tons of the f'ers to level all the related crafting disciplines, even using leves. If you have a programmable keyboard, definitely macroing in some crafting shit while you sleep will save you a ton of time as well.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
The one nice thing about the old way is you always knew what zone to go for fate xp. Since good fate xp is all about that critical mass of players so you are killing at a quick pace. Hope people flock to one zone rather than thin out the population doin em.

Will the expert dungeons reward esoterics? Or is that only roulette/treasure maps?

Xalara

Golden Squire
As a new'ish crafter with only 1.1 million gil to my name, I can't help but feel demoralized when I look at the requirements for the two star recipes. The logical side of my brain is telling me to wait and see until Thursday, but I can't help but feel like crafting the new two star stuff is going to be nearly impossible unless you buy gil or were an already established crafter pre-Heavensward with tens of millions of gil ready to spend on demicraft materia and Grade V materia for melding. I do wonder if the Grade V materia will only be available with red scrips, which would help with the problem but not entirely solve it.

* I got my crafters to level 50 just before Heavensward, and currently only have WVR, CUL, and GSM at 60. My retainers are still being leveled up.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
the 2.55 storyline sucks. I'm forced to pick up and take evidence?

Xalara

Golden Squire
Did you finish the 2.55 story? I liked it because:

All the scions apparently die.

Of course during HW...

One comes back and there's level sixty quests that reference Minfillia running around

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Hunting retainers are a godsend. My Rogue retainer is level 57 and can collect most things I need. Looking forward to see what else I can have her gather when she hits 60.

My mining retainer, on the other hand, is worthless. I think someone in this thread may have already said it, but mining/logging retainers can't gather hidden items, so that means no faster mythrite or titanium. =(
Chimera Mane is on the battlecraft ventures (I think it's L60).

YOU'RE WELCOME FOR NAGGING YOU.

@WageSlave - Do your daily hunt bills as the alt class, at least the I/II and some of the III bills should be fairly painless for the most part. Doing anything on Azys Lla will probably faceplant you without a pet healer; even SCH + bird goes critical HP since you have about 6k and they hit for 800+/swing. Once you hit 51, at least you can add Dusk Vigil onto that. Either way, you're getting ~300k/day for it, without factoring in dungeons, leves, or roulettes. It's part of how I've been raising SCH/SMN, anyway.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Have you got to the 45 minute cinematics? They're sweet.
Yeah, that's specifically what I'm talking about. Why is there this forced retrospective while I wait on the train platform? Why am I carrying around a RANDOM vial I found.

Seeing Rambauh rage out was great, but the rest of it just isn't as good as everyone posted it would be.