Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah basically the answer is always "Do the Main Story Quest" until you can't progress it because of levels, then finish off other stuff until you can again. Heavensward's MSQ is also lightyears beyond Reborn's imo, and the zones are just more interesting across the board. Especially since you get jack for doing the non-Heavensward dungeons/adventures in general compared to Heavensward content, especially once you hit 52-53 and your ilvels catch up/pass non-raid or augmented ironworks gear. However! You do want to do the hildebrand quests when they come up generally, as in order to unlock the Trial finder you need to do that, if you are into that. Otherwise, MSQ or bust really.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pre-lim patch notes are up:Patch 3.3 Notes

Out of all the changes, and there is some good stuff, my favorite thing might have to be this long-awaited gem - "Players can now hide quests from their duty list."

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Heavy list. I'll probably come back for it. But as others have said, once you hit the cap unless you feel like grinding the same instance(suppose this is true of any MMO) the PvE game gets insanely boring.

I don't do it much, but I suppose you could log in and:

-Gold Saucers, never step foot outside?
-The card game whatever it's called
-The minion fighting
-Level any of the other classes since there is no alts(god I love this part)

So yea, not much but at least it's something?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Would alts have their own retainers or share the same one? Also I assume we still get the 50% bonus for lower level classes?

I've gotten flying unlocked in the first 2 expansion zones, it's a brutal grind before that though in tedious running around. Might have enjoyed it in a group back when it was new but now it's just being teased every time a zone forms up for hunts that I can't participate in.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Alts have their own retainers. And the bonus only translates on the same character; each character is akin to having a different account. A much smarter thing is to create one character (your main) and opt for the 1 char per server plan. Then, add a retainer which will basically bring you back up to "normal" account. Because those retainers ability to do voucher missions is also dependant on the levels of the classes on that specific character. At best, an alt character would be a bank extension. With three retainers, if you are running out of space you are probably keeping vanity items that you don't need or can be repurchased from the Calamity vendors.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
RE: 3.3 Notes
- No expert delivery mention for Void Ark gear, or else I really missed it even with find. X.X I want this crap gone. GONE I SAY.
- lol @ Ixal dailies getting the grade IV gathering AND crafting materia when supposedly it was not going to happen.
- Apparently MSQ cutscenes will veer towards lengthy, per the 3.3 interview translation I read on Blue Gartr, particularly post MSQ trial.

Would alts have their own retainers or share the same one? Also I assumewe still get the 50% bonus for lower level classes?

I've gotten flying unlocked in the first 2 expansion zones, it's a brutal grind before that though in tedious running around. Might have enjoyed it in a group back when it was new but now it's just being teased every time a zone forms up for hunts that I can't participate in.
Yes, depending on the level of the lower class/job:

- +100% exp if < Lv 50 (150% bonus if you have rested status)
- +50% exp if Lv >= 50 (100% bonus if rested)
- Level 50 dungeons do not give as much exp as Dusk Vigil at 51, assuming you're not doing Lv 50 Roulette. I can't recall the exact values off the top of my head, but Dusk Vigil outclassed it on a per-trash-mob basis, and bosses in 3.0 dungeons give out a healthy chunk of exp upon defeat.

Malakriss

Ugh, I was 58 when the MSQ switched over to 59 mid-zone and I had to grind sidequests without flying. Wish I could have that time back =\

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Be thankful that it didn't happen in the 56-58 range. Because then you would have been doing moogle sidequests. And mmmm moogles. =|

Malakriss

Hit 60 and finished the 3.0 duties late last night, even managed to get 2 anima crystals on my first 3 fates in Azys (but then nothing for the next 20 until the tank finished his). 24 hour downtimes are ugh but I suppose if it's really up by 6am we can still squeeze dailies in?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
We should redefine grinding a bit here. There is the mindless relic and tome capping grind no question. But I don't consider farming extreme primals 'grinding ' as the fight is generally challenging and interesting enough to be considered 'enjoyment' for quite a few times rather than just waiting for it to be over.
Same with the savage raids. If you don't like boring gear treadmills or throwing yourself at the same fight over and over, you might consider it grinding, but I think it's unfair/misleading to label the savage fights that way as quite a few people may consider the difficulty level and learning fun, even though you are on the same fight for a long time (as example - first group to clear final boss took 2-3 weeks of nothing but trying it)

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Hit 60 and finished the 3.0 duties late last night, even managed to get 2 anima crystals on my first 3 fates in Azys (but then nothing for the next 20 until the tank finished his). 24 hour downtimes are ugh but I supposeif it's really up by 6am we can still squeeze dailies in?
Assuming it's not up before then. In theory, though, yes, you'd have a window to get dailies in. I can't recall if the reset time is based on server time or not, though.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Holy scrip farming Batman!

I just read red scrip gear is being moved down to blue scrips. This could take a while.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Managed to get a small plot in Mist even after being booted from the lobby once and having to wait in queue. It sucks though, every single plot was gone on Gilgamesh 15-20 minutes after the server came up. ArcheAge all over again. So many angry people.

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Never has clearing a 24 man raid felt that freaking good.

Second run, total pug. I pretty much learned entire 3rd fight from previous run.

Got there no problem, they listened to my explanation for 3 minutes, and we got it in 3 attempts.

Last boss was easy, 12 people carrying the raid like normal 24 man. And putting a circle on myself for people to know a safe spot...

But seriously...whose idea was it to have a fight in a 24man that relied on your group NOT killing you by messing up. Every other 24 man raid let people fuck up and die, but this one nooooooo. They fuck up and kill you.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Managed to get a small plot in Mist even after being booted from the lobby once and having to wait in queue. It sucks though, every single plot was gone on Gilgamesh 15-20 minutes after the server came up. ArcheAge all over again. So many angry people.
It's basically an investment. Given that some things can only occur in housing (airship mission stuff, for example) even if you never use it the value of the property only increases with time, and especially so when/if they add more housing specific stuff. Honestly I was pretty turned off by that whole deal when I played. I'd be surprised if -every- person that bought a plot was decorating/playing with it vs. just grabbing it to auction it in a week or two for 3x the price.

Malakriss

So hunts are super popular now that you can upgrade lore gear to 240 with the centurio seals book. PS3 players were complaining about the lag during prime time because there was so many people, which resulted in a hour or two of preempted pulls before groups could make it there. The massive amount of eso's still helps people play catchup.

Xalara

Golden Squire
For those of you who craft, you can desynth the ilvl 180 blue scrip (formerly red scrip) gear to get glass fiber. Best route seems to be either WVR to desynth pants or LTW to desynth footgear. It'll be a grind but it isn't well known yet and is faster than both the Aquapolis and Moogle quests.

Speaking of Aquapolis, it is super fun. I love how much the door trolls you,y favourite being when it's about to teleport you out and then its like "LOL JUST KIDDING.

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
For those of you who craft, you can desynth the ilvl 180 blue scrip (formerly red scrip) gear to get glass fiber. Best route seems to be either WVR to desynth pants or LTW to desynth footgear. It'll be a grind but it isn't well known yet and is faster than both the Aquapolis and Moogle quests.

Speaking of Aquapolis, it is super fun. I love how much the door trolls you,y favourite being when it's about to teleport you out and then its like "LOL JUST KIDDING.
It is a lot of fun! Unfortunately the prices have tanked so hard on the items. :O

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
POMP TINI

rrr_img_135614.jpg