Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Tried to play but missing files on win 10 N, so I gave up. What kind of faggot game requires window media player.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Legit never ran into that issue. Have you not run the normal updates for Windows 10 in general? Or is it specifically failing you for not having WMP installed?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Note: it is horribly difficult to differentiate the content of various posts at a glance on this scheme. I hope we can get a sweet red/black one like ye olde FoHguild forums, but I would be alright if it just made it easier to read.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Their genius in making new events give life to old content never ceases to amaze me, especially during a free-login campaign.

However, I doubt i'll be getting all these dumbass Yokai weapons. Last 3 require x30 tokens each? Fuck me. I managed to get enough Atma for 2 separate relics before I even finished my 4th Yokai weapon.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Pondering resubbing to this, but I definitely don't have a guild now. Is it even worthwhile as a solo player who doesn't particularly want to meet new people / voice chat with bads?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Depends on what you're looking for in an MMO these days. FFXIV has plenty of stuff to do at the solo or random groups/queue level but if you're looking into seeing all of the difficult fights and end game raiding that still requires dedicated static parties.

I roll FC-less at the moment and I've been able to get the current relic, top end tome gear, and casual crafting/gathering but there's no way I could touch Savage raids without trying to get in with good players.

edit: and then you get completely retarded dungeon ones like the one I just did, healer insisting on an awful ass strat and the other melee dps sits there staring at the boss.

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I do windows updates but I have Windows 10 N, basically the same just without WMP. FFXIV required WMP for whatever reason and getting it to work took more than 20 minutes so I gave up.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
WMP is probably for the launcher, since it uses an embedded IE throughout (not Edge, I don't think) in order to do the login authentication. Why it requires WMP seems weird to me, since the videos on the page are generally embedded YouTube.

I'd have to research on how to handle this, though, because it seems weird you wouldn't have it by default. I've not had this come up, but I didn't full wipe when I upgraded to Win10 so that's probably why.

Alkorin Alkorin - Your linkshell still exists! You could heckle Rezz, Pedotini and I there!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Some people fixed it by downloading the files or possibly downloading WMP, neither worked for me. It was just to try out the free weekend so after 20 minutes I just gave up.

Seems like a dumb thing to require.

I did a full-wipe too, but I have Win 10 N which isn't the same as Win 10

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Really disappointed with the Yokai event. Some of the weapons are cool but the grinding is unreal. 3.3 in general has been a bad update. Palace of the Dead wasn't even good.

Malakriss

PotD is basically an alternative for V materia and 235 weapons as a time waster with minimal effort.

Managed to finish my Lilith Zeta relic, since the current anima for BLM looks awful and even a glow at the next tier might not fix it. Surprised they haven't put in a permanent switch to leave the glow on, still have to use the old bm+sit macro.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes, the Yokai-Pokemon event sucks balls. You can get the minions pretty easily(75 fates basically), but the weapons...fuck in the ass. Rare legendary medal drops need to be farmed in specific zones. The only benefit I can think of is that you could probably level 2-3 additional classes to 60 by grinding it out.

Edit: there are some major quality of life shit they need to fix though.

Cannot have a minion(required for legendary medals) and a chicken out at the same time so if you are not in a fate group it's slow going.

Can't queue for dungeons with a chicken out still which sucks if you are running around doing shit while waiting for queue to pop

Malakriss

The chocobo thing is actually literally 100% a PS3 limitation and there's quite a few things that fall into that category. Which is why everyone is hoping they drop PS3 support for the entire game next expansion and simply roll them over to free PC/PS4 licenses.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Depends on what you're looking for in an MMO these days. FFXIV has plenty of stuff to do at the solo or random groups/queue level but if you're looking into seeing all of the difficult fights and end game raiding that still requires dedicated static parties.

I roll FC-less at the moment and I've been able to get the current relic, top end tome gear, and casual crafting/gathering but there's no way I could touch Savage raids without trying to get in with good players.

edit: and then you get completely retarded dungeon ones like the one I just did, healer insisting on an awful ass strat and the other melee dps sits there staring at the boss.
Would you say that this game is the least p2w game out there? I used to play this game hardcore and dropped out four month later....it has been almost a year....

did it get better?

Malakriss

The only extra pay part is additional retainers for more bank space and vanity items, which are mostly from old seasonal event stuff. Crafting/gathering tied into cross-classing with extra gear and materia tiers, but the sheer number of crafting materials is what you would be buying extra retainers for. PVP is developing and the community is pushing them to make improvements. Housing is currently locked up and fully bought out but they are planning on adding something for everyone soon. The PVE raiding game is on a predictable cycle as far as treadmilling the tomestones (gear currency) but they have a ton of different means to get them.

The game is meant to be diverse but it probably turns off players that only want to do one thing or focus on a single class. They like adding new activities and improving old ones that miss. They are likely working on the next expansion but their regular schedule means 2-3 content patches between so you can get caught up.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
It also has the most boring gear system ever invented. Every piece of gear is literally +stats, there is never a proc or anything cool or interesting. Very pretty though.