Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cybsled

Ya, Ishgard housing would be cool. But if they had Garlemond/Empire housing, that might be even more badass if you could get techno houses lol

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Ya, Ishgard housing would be cool. But if they had Garlemond/Empire housing, that might be even more badass if you could get techno houses lol

I just wish I could get some sort HoA to prevent those terrible moggle/otter houses in my neighborhood

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Buddy is convincing me to come back to this. I never got into any of the expansions, but have a 50 WHM on Gilgamesh. Buddy of course isn't on Gilga, because he wanted the experience bonus of being on another server.

What's the state of the different classes at this point? I haven't kept up with anything, and would be leveling from scratch.

Also, suggestions on the best deal to get both expansions?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Buddy is convincing me to come back to this. I never got into any of the expansions, but have a 50 WHM on Gilgamesh. Buddy of course isn't on Gilga, because he wanted the experience bonus of being on another server.

What's the state of the different classes at this point? I haven't kept up with anything, and would be leveling from scratch.

Class wise as mentionned a bunch of times on this page, really anything is fine. If you plan on raiding high end stuff, you might want to avoid WHM/MCH/SAM/BLM due to perception/slightly lower performance but honestly it really doesn't matter and any static that's not filled with retards will just grab a good player playing their class well because the differences are within 5% or less anyway and anyone who refuses you based on class(besides obvious "we already have that and don't want to gear share" which is a reasonable argument for faster progression) is probably not worth joining. So really anything you like. As usual, tank > healers > DPS when it comes to fast queues for pub play(other than for 24man where healers are slightly better usually because there's only 3 tank spots).

As for buying the expansions, the best way is to wait for a sale, which should happen next week for halloween, probably maybe, or around november otherwise. Just look for Stormblood, it includes Heavensward so that's all you need. Buying the complete edition(which includes vanilla too) might turn out cheaper depending on sales though. If you can find a cheap Stormblood on Amazon or some shit that'd be worth it though, depends on your country. If your vanilla account is Steam though, you need to buy the expansion on Steam, good luck finding a sale though(they rarely discount on Steam). If it's not Steam then buy anywhere but Steam.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

Do the free to 35 thing while you check for sales. It goes on sale once a month minimum.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Finished up getting my allied races and alts to cap in WoW, so was looking at trying this out again. Is that new "road to whatever" bonus for new accounts, or for new characters? Haven't played since the lead up to Heavensward, so probably just going to roll a new character.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Finished up getting my allied races and alts to cap in WoW, so was looking at trying this out again. Is that new "road to whatever" bonus for new accounts, or for new characters? Haven't played since the lead up to Heavensward, so probably just going to roll a new character.
New characters, but only on preferred servers(basically mid/low pop servers they want to fill up). Can transfer out later if you want though and almost everything nowadays is cross server, you get 90days or until the server stops being preferred, whichever is longest of double xp, as in real double, it doubles armory bonus, rested xp and bonus xp too. Great for leveling crafting/gathering or just alts, it turns off on classes that are 60+ but keeps working when you switch to something under.

Mind you even with a ton of xp, you still have to do the MSQ, so it's still kinda slow unless you buy a MSQ skip potion.

Crone

As for buying the expansions, the best way is to wait for a sale, which should happen next week for halloween, probably maybe, or around november otherwise. Just look for Stormblood, it includes Heavensward so that's all you need. Buying the complete edition(which includes vanilla too) might turn out cheaper depending on sales though. If you can find a cheap Stormblood on Amazon or some shit that'd be worth it though, depends on your country. If your vanilla account is Steam though, you need to buy the expansion on Steam, good luck finding a sale though(they rarely discount on Steam). If it's not Steam then buy anywhere but Steam.
Do the free to 35 thing while you check for sales. It goes on sale once a month minimum.
I do not have my account through Steam, or play through Steam. Where is the best spot to look for deals? Does it go on sale directly from SE? Or look at g2a.com and stuff?

I'll just keep checking this page for the sale while I level to 50. Given the time I have to play this, it'll easily go on sale before I hit 50 and need to go further.

Square Enix Store

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I do not have my account through Steam, or play through Steam. Where is the best spot to look for deals? Does it go on sale directly from SE? Or look at g2a.com and stuff?

I'll just keep checking this page for the sale while I level to 50. Given the time I have to play this, it'll easily go on sale before I hit 50 and need to go further.

Square Enix Store
SE does do good sales but not sure they'll do halloween. Can buy it on GMG, Amazon, Humble Store etc. Check Final Fantasy® Xiv: Stormblood - Info or Final Fantasy® Xiv Online Complete Edition - Info to find sales. Want to check both because it's possible someone could do a complete edition sale but not SB. Also even if you reach 50, there's still all the MSQs from 2.1 to 2.5 to do which takes a fucking long time and gives barely any xp anyway so you could just do these even with 50cap.

Crone

SE does do good sales but not sure they'll do halloween. Can buy it on GMG, Amazon, Humble Store etc. Check Final Fantasy® Xiv: Stormblood - Info or Final Fantasy® Xiv Online Complete Edition - Info to find sales. Want to check both because it's possible someone could do a complete edition sale but not SB. Also even if you reach 50, there's still all the MSQs from 2.1 to 2.5 to do which takes a fucking long time and gives barely any xp anyway so you could just do these even with 50cap.
Forgot about that site. Thank you very much for the help!

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Everyone getting a 390 Weapon tomorrow
Was just getting bored with BFA and started looking into resuming FFXIV. At least to continue the MSQ if nothing else. 390 weapon sounds powerful when my gear is 313 atm. :p Whats needed to get that item?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Was just getting bored with BFA and started looking into resuming FFXIV. At least to continue the MSQ if nothing else. 390 weapon sounds powerful when my gear is 313 atm. :p Whats needed to get that item?
To go back in time and clear Alphascape 4.0 the past 6weeks. It's just the usual tome weapon stuff, it's the 7th week since 4.4 so people can get them now.

You can get a 365 from HoH or 350 crafted garbo weap or 360 from tomes by running deltascape 4.0(kefka) 4times+bunch of tomes, then use that to do Suzaku EX 10times(or less if you RNG the right weapon drop) for a 385. Can also buy a crafted... 380? I think. Might be expensive though still. There's also the new relic step coming in 1week with 4.45, although that won't help you if you haven't done all the other steps first. At least they'll probably nerf Pagos or whatever the last step was.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
To go back in time and clear Alphascape 4.0 the past 6weeks. It's just the usual tome weapon stuff, it's the 7th week since 4.4 so people can get them now.

You can get a 365 from HoH or 350 crafted garbo weap or 360 from tomes by running deltascape 4.0(kefka) 4times+bunch of tomes, then use that to do Suzaku EX 10times(or less if you RNG the right weapon drop) for a 385. Can also buy a crafted... 380? I think. Might be expensive though still.

380 weapons on the market board on my server are around 400k, so pretty affordable for a lvl 70.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
380 weapons on the market board on my server are around 400k, so pretty affordable for a lvl 70.
Yeah when I checked before my sub lapsed they were 1+million on my server but depends on the places and stuff. It's worth it to skip all the other crap if you have some money, although if you're still leveling chars, getting a HoH weapon is pretty easy and is really enough for all content other than savage raids. I had no issue doing normal alphascape with my 350crafted garbage weapon for example(granted I was healing not DPSing but still) and I did the expert dungeons a bunch of times too without trouble.

Crone

Up to level 40 on Archer. My MSQ is so far behind, I can't turn into a bard yet. Lol. Figured out ACT for DPS meters. I'm beating most people in dungeons. Haven't really figured out Archer AoE, but coming from WoW I spread some DoTs around, and then just single target stuff. Not a great measure of success, but being on top of DPS most fights is nice. FeelsGoodMan they say? haha

I think getting into the harder dungeons and even maybe raids is gonna be a really fun time.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Up to level 40 on Archer. My MSQ is so far behind, I can't turn into a bard yet. Lol. Figured out ACT for DPS meters. I'm beating most people in dungeons. Haven't really figured out Archer AoE, but coming from WoW I spread some DoTs around, and then just single target stuff. Not a great measure of success, but being on top of DPS most fights is nice. FeelsGoodMan they say? haha

I think getting into the harder dungeons and even maybe raids is gonna be a really fun time.
Archer/Bard starts pretty raw and stays that way until you start hitting Heavensward skill quests(which btw sucks when you're on a road to 60 server because you'll bet like 56 before you start HW but you can't get any of the 50+ skills before you do the HW quests). You'll get an aoe at around 40, Quick Nock iirc, just a cone aoe, you can spam that after spreading dots a bit and use the TP regen buff(role action, not sure what lvl it unlocks, definitely get it for grouping though it helps all physical aoes and warriors/paladins to an extent). Becomes a pretty fun class to use later on though, tons of shit to keep track of but some nice QoL skills. For example Ironjaw in HW which lets you refresh both dots at once, plus you get passives to make the dots longer(might be in SB), and then the various songs make dot crits do stuff like resetting Bloodletter/Rain of Arrows.

But yeah if you're overleveling the story you could level an alt and use them to do some story stuff too.

Dungeons should get better once you hit 50 and start doing non release dungeons, they improved a bunch over time. By the end of 2.x, stuff like Keeper of the Lake is a lot more representative of the quality of the 4man content.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

you should uh...actually do your quests and become your class before worrying about DPS meters.

• 1Like

Crone

Archer/Bard starts pretty raw and stays that way until you start hitting Heavensward skill quests(which btw sucks when you're on a road to 60 server because you'll bet like 56 before you start HW but you can't get any of the 50+ skills before you do the HW quests). You'll get an aoe at around 40, Quick Nock iirc, just a cone aoe, you can spam that after spreading dots a bit and use the TP regen buff(role action, not sure what lvl it unlocks, definitely get it for grouping though it helps all physical aoes and warriors/paladins to an extent). Becomes a pretty fun class to use later on though, tons of shit to keep track of but some nice QoL skills. For example Ironjaw in HW which lets you refresh both dots at once, plus you get passives to make the dots longer(might be in SB), and then the various songs make dot crits do stuff like resetting Bloodletter/Rain of Arrows.

But yeah if you're overleveling the story you could level an alt and use them to do some story stuff too.

Dungeons should get better once you hit 50 and start doing non release dungeons, they improved a bunch over time. By the end of 2.x, stuff like Keeper of the Lake is a lot more representative of the quality of the 4man content.
Do story quests scale? So if I switch jobs and am back at level 1, will I be able to continue the main story quest?

Will have to look at what jobs compliment bard as well.