Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Not sure how it happened, but I was doing my regular old linkshell trolling last night and an hour later, I became the leader of a new Coil static. We're gonna carry our WAR through T5 and then officially start progression on T9 in a week or so. I hand picked six of the members, one comes highly recommended, and we're just looking for our 8th.

Our Paladin is the master of the linkshell I formed this static from and is very dedicated to the game. He was at the forefront of the Coils before he took a break.

The Warrior has always been more of a solo-type player, preferring to enjoy content he could comfortably DF, but his aggro control, cool down usage, and DPS are all really good.

Our White Mage is kinda loud but he's also very clutch. He's very good at watching the tanks' buffs and debuffs and I think he even mentally keeps track of their cool down usage. He Esunas Pacification without the Warrior even mentioning that Berserk is active.

I haven't gotten to interact with our SCH yet, but she comes highly recommended by some of the other static members so I hope she will be a good fit.

We have an incredible Monk. His DPS is amazeballs and he's always on top of mechanics. His DPS is often slightly better than mine, so that pushes me to do better.

Our Bard was originally a WHM main and is still gearing up. He's a super cool guy but his DPS is quite low, even for a Bard. Hopefully it'll increase as we catch up his iLevel, 'cause I think his positive attitude is gonna be really good for our static.

And then there's me (a NIN) and we're looking for a BLM for our last spot. I'm also trying to think about who a good shot-caller would be (if we need one), as everyone kinda seems apprehensive about it.
Carry me to epic loots. I am item level 60

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Everyone is going to play a dark knight or a machinist on release. The animations on the machinist look pretty nice and the dark knight just looks bad ass. The astrologian looks meh unless its skill set way op.

Too bad on the no RDM though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Do we know if they were planning on releasing red mage with 3.0?
As mentionned, no. They also said Red Mage would most likely be a poor fit to the current class system. Because of the trinity and wow-ification(WHMs can solo so they have nukes and BLMs can cross class a heal at least), there's not much it could do that other classes couldn't do. They might make a special flavor of Red Mage, but it most likely wouldn't be a support class and instead some sort of DPS class with buffs/debuffs, a bit similar in concept to the Bard. Because of the melee nature though, and the fact we're still waiting on Samurai(which might turn out to be a tank though), I don't see it happening soon.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
As mentionned, no. They also said Red Mage would most likely be a poor fit to the current class system. Because of the trinity and wow-ification(WHMs can solo so they have nukes and BLMs can cross class a heal at least), there's not much it could do that other classes couldn't do. They might make a special flavor of Red Mage, but it most likely wouldn't be a support class and instead some sort of DPS class with buffs/debuffs, a bit similar in concept to the Bard. Because of the melee nature though, and the fact we're still waiting on Samurai(which might turn out to be a tank though), I don't see it happening soon.
Thanks....

This is how I feel right now.

Guess ill content myself with playing a Machinist.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I transferred my character to Gilgamesh, but I never saw anyone from ISIS on either. I joined a free company called Valkurm Dunes. It's the most active free company on the server with people on at all hours. Hit me up in game of you want an invite. Mythri Jenkins.
I am in this Free Company as well. Very active.

Pinadil

Lord Nagafen Raider
I also joined ValkD and hit 50 on my Warrior. I'm expecting a gear reset with the expansion, so I'm just going to focus on gathering/crafting stuff. What do other people expect from the expansion? I imagine people would riot if the Relic weapons didn't continue. Derpin Adil on Gilg.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I assume the relic will only let you skip the initial bullshit quest or something, but not much more. It makes no sense to require to do the old relic for new players/anyone switching to the 3 new classes, and while they could simplify the quest a lot to make it faster, it still makes no sense to force people into lvl 50 content before they can get a weapon that's better than some vendor white garbage.

Like for example taking the current first step relic, I would say it'd let you skip the go in that zone and find a shitty white item, find a WP drop, craft a weapon, meld 2 materias, kill 8mobs of each type, kill the 3primals, get 175soldiery(or however many it is nowadays), run AK. Not in that order but basically remove all the meh stuff. The only stuff left would be fight Hydra/Chimera, which are unique fights only for the relic, so it'd make sense to have to do these to upgrade the relic. The primals could be part of that too, kinda depends. So in the expansion, having a finished relic would let you skip all the dungeon/crafting/buying/running around/shitty quest stuff and only fight the big guys for your upgrade. Plus a unique title and I assume they'd add it to the Salvage guy so you can Glamour unique skins that only old relic owners can get(the blinding shiny Nexus for example or the dyable Zodiac).

The weapon was almost always behind raiding content rewards anyway, so it was never meant to be the most powerful weapon in the game and as such they don't really have to reward people who did it that much, other than cosmetics shit.

Gear reset is a given, but the extent of the reset is important. I'm kinda expecting a soft reset, as in dungeon gear to be 130 or MAYBE 140, meaning it picks off right where Final Coil gear is. This way current raiders can skip a part of the bullshit farming(still will want to farm better drops, or if there's new stats/stats are reworked, whatever is better now) and go straight into raiding, while new players only have to run dungeons for a few weeks to be caught up. Also doesn't completely trivialize every content before. Entry quest rewards at i90 or i100 or so, so any casual player who picks up the game a bit before the expansion has adequate gear to keep leveling right away. They could massively reset though and new gear be like 170 or whatever then all your raiding gear is garbage by lvl 55, but I don't think so.

I expect stats rework, especially skillspeed, maybe a new secondary stat to offer more variety. Materia rework most likely, though who knows. XP in the old world reworked(more xp for everything, a lot more xp for FATEs/Leves/Dungeons) to speed up leveling 30-50%, removes the "holes" in the quest path too for new people and even let them skip stuff. New classes potentially having their own starting areas, or Au Ra having their own starting areas. New player experience bonus maybe, like you buy Heavensward you get an upgraded moogle cap which increases xp from 1-40 by 50% or whatnot.

Bunch of shit is probably changing though, and we don't really know nearly enough. I think they'll be revealing a lot more shit at PAX East, since that's the last big conference before the release afaik, most of the other stuff is in the middle/end of summer.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Usually i don't give a fuck about zones in an expansion, but im excited to see whats coming in the expansion. Been playing almost 4 months since i came back, the longest i've played any mmo in a long long time.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Usually i don't give a fuck about zones in an expansion, but im excited to see whats coming in the expansion. Been playing almost 4 months since i came back, the longest i've played any mmo in a long long time.
I'm excited about 2.55, the "end" of the story for ARR. For the events at the end of 1.0 they did a lot of cool stuff like the moon where Bahamut was imprisonned would become bigger and bigger over time, so I wonder if they'll do that here too, like dragons flying in the skies of Coerthas and shit like that. And then yeah expansion areas should be pretty cool. Also VERY excited about 3 new classes, that's like, well, a lot of new classes. Machinist doesn't do much for me(though I might end up really liking it, we'll see) but Astrologian and Dark Knight looks really nice.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
If they keep Dark Knight 'true to form', it'll have Warrior's HP if not higher, but it'll use that higher pool to power abilities for +threat, etc. Maybe even a stance or two that draw on HP for +enmity, damage, etc. etc.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Tfw-Lalafell_zpsrkreuk7a.gif

Edit: Dammit, Photobucket

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hahaha, I hate to see the Hildibrand stuff coming to a close (for now). That was some of my favorite shit. I hope they bring him back soon.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Hahaha, I hate to see the Hildibrand stuff coming to a close (for now). That was some of my favorite shit. I hope they bring him back soon.
I love some of the custom animations they did that I really wish they'd make emotes:

- The 'ohhhh shiiiii' face during 2.3(?)'s where he takes the point-blank bomb explosion after Nashu sneezes.
- Ellie's twitching mouth just before that.
- Some sort of emote where we end up with our legs sticking out of the ground.
- /suplex, because Godbert