Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
What even is this?
Just another site that parses Lodestone data and presents the information in a multitude of different ways. Personally, I've been using it since last year and I like this better.

Smells like a post from someone shilling their site.
rrr_img_90728.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Btw they updated their website a bit, you can now preorder the game, it'll be 40$(who knows how much in yurop, but probably 40euros). No price on the CE, some details on the CE though but nothing new, just the old info about the dragon mount and shit. Hopefully it's a sign they're actually going to release some news soon on the game. I'd bet after next week's patch.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hopefully it's a sign they're actually going to release some news soon on the game. I'd bet after next week's patch.
My money is onYoshi-P's appearance at PAX Easton March 7th.

Talking FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward with Naoki Yoshida

Join FINAL FANTASY XIV Producer/Director Naoki Yoshida as he takes the stage to discuss details on the first expansion - Heavensward. Also, Yoshida has a habit of announcing things he shouldn't, so you won't want to miss this! (We'll keep the PR team distracted so they won't interfere.)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh I'm sure they're discussing like content at that point, but I meant info like release date(though unlikely, probably also pax east), price of CE, wether or not you need 2 expansions for PS4+PC, how expansion versus no expansion works, system reqs(not sure these will change though, but maybe with DX11 client) and shit like that.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Servers kinda shitting themselves, stuck in loading screen forever. Anyway Gold Saucer stuff looks really cool, I did a few of the games but mostly the meaty parts are the chocobo racing(which sadly looks fairly lag sensitive) and triple triad. For a minor patch though, shit's fucking massive, tons of new assets and shit, it's like crazy what they added with all the chocobo races, the UI stuff, the entire area which is pretty fucking big and all.

As for relic, it's like the laziest step ever, it's just farming light #2 like nexus, basically it's 480 of the old light(so about half of the current nexus) and you also need to pay 2400solds, which is like whatever since you get tons of solds while farming for light anyway. At least it won't take long, so that's better than some stupid super RNG shit, this has definitive visible progress and is relatively short overall.

ixian_sl

shitlord
Some of the new UI elements are really nice looking; it makes me wish they'd redesign some of the existing UI to make it less drab.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Some of the new UI elements are really nice looking; it makes me wish they'd redesign some of the existing UI to make it less drab.
Might do some stuff for Heavensward but iirc they have a bunch of UI limitations because of PS3 nonsense. They should upgrade the PS4 and PC version though and just let the PS3 use the old ugly ass UI stuff.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
They're having another free weekend like, this weekend, to celebrate 4million accounts or whatever. If you want to check out the Gold Saucer, you can log in.

If you need to dl the client ahead of time, make a throwaway trial account and use it to log in to patch up. Then just login when the free weekend starts with your normal account.

Celebrating 4 Million Accounts - Free Login Campaign Comes to Eorzea! | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone
Every time I play a free weekend, I aimlessly wander around not having a clue what to do with no one on in guild.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Farming alexandrite is one thing, but holy shit is it expensive buying the materia for novus. I just had to go Det/Crit too ugh.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Farming alexandrite is one thing, but holy shit is it expensive buying the materia for novus. I just had to go Det/Crit too ugh.
You want to go det/crit/accuracy, or depending on your class spellspeed/piety instead of accuracy, makes it a ton cheaper, though still kinda expensive. That step and Zodiac cost quite a bit of money. Det/crit to III, IV is stupid prices and doesn't add that much anyway.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Finally have some time off work and trying to speed up my last 17 alexandrite and its just frustrating me. No ones reporting hunts and havent seen one from a fate in hours.