Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
  • Heavansward Release June 23, Early Access June 19th. Preorder Mar 16th.
  • Dark Knight (magic-based) tank, Astrologian Healer (stances, yugioh), Machinist (guns and engineer deployables).
  • New Race - Au Ra
  • Raids will have a Story and Hard mode. Dunno if this means they will do away with the Coil/CT alternating and just release both simultaneously.
  • Something about a change to how raid loot is obtained.
  • Flying mounts. Single-rider personal airship.
  • Level cap 60.
  • Ended with a very well done video showcase touring the new zones.
  • Mac version announced. Transgaming port.

It's interesting to me they will add flying mounts, especially after it was generally perceived to be such a regrettable decision for WoW.

I hope the Raid story/hard mode is done in a similar manner as they did with dungeons, where they generally open up new wings with different bosses, and not just a rehash of the same area with the same bosses and tweaked mechanics.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The hype is insane right now. I still have a billion things to do before Heavensward, including final Coil. Entering T10 for the first time on Thursday!

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Some of those zones just look fantastic. While I'm not a flying mount fan myself from what I saw I think it will end up being pretty cool in those areas.

Did they say what their plan is for the older zones in regards to flying mounts?

Myst

Peasant
Is Gilgamesh server still locked? I played on release and got to level 40, but I can't seem to find my account info no matter what I try. I had to create a new email due to their messy account creation system, and now I can't remember that email for the life of me. I don't mind starting from scratch, but I would really like to be able to play on Gilgamesh.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is Gilgamesh server still locked? I played on release and got to level 40, but I can't seem to find my account info no matter what I try. I had to create a new email due to their messy account creation system, and now I can't remember that email for the life of me. I don't mind starting from scratch, but I would really like to be able to play on Gilgamesh.
Yes. It looks like Gilgamesh still has restrictions in place for making new characters. You could probably get on during off-hours; early morning on a weekday for instance.

Regarding Character Creation Restrictions | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Some of those zones just look fantastic. While I'm not a flying mount fan myself from what I saw I think it will end up being pretty cool in those areas.

Did they say what their plan is for the older zones in regards to flying mounts?
The plan is simply for them not to work other than as land mounts in the old zones, similar to BC when wow introduced them. They didn't redo the original zones until Cataclysm and you could only fly in BC then wotlk zones.

I'm a bit surprised at the lack of solid info and the fairly far release date, I would have thought it was closer than that, but eh, whatever I guess.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
The nice thing about being on a population capped server is you do not get much gold seller spam. That in and of itself makes it worthwhile to try and get on one.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
The nice thing about being on a population capped server is you do not get much gold seller spam. That in and of itself makes it worthwhile to try and get on one.
They still cap servers??? Man I haven't been stopped by a cap in what seems like forever.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Haha nice. I got 1 number this time so I got like 1.5k or whatever, but yeah it's pretty shit unless you get 3 numbers right.
I was a 4th place today, myself. My next two numbers were each 1 off the target. x.x

That said, Ireallylike the WHM, PLD and SMN AF3.0 looks, but I'll be damned if the WVR ones don't make me feel like I'd look like the bad kind of pimp.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Still gone unclaimed on Balmung for 2 draws. If only this was like a real lotto the pot would be getting big.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I was a 4th place today, myself. My next two numbers were each 1 off the target. x.x

That said, Ireallylike the WHM, PLD and SMN AF3.0 looks, but I'll be damned if the WVR ones don't make me feel like I'd look like the bad kind of pimp.
I'm not a big fan of the WHM helm, though I see what they were going for and it's alright. I like most of them, ninja looks really ninja-ish and dragoon is typical dragoon cool looking shit. Sadly the 2 classes I play I think are the worst, SCH looks like a steampunk failure crap and BLM looks like some leveling armor or something.

At least Astrologian looks godlike so whatever, if the class doesn't suck I can just play that. Not that AF graphics are super relevant though, there will also be tome armor and alexander drops and shit like that.

I thought they'd reveal more, but then again I thought the release was closer than this, they're really riding the "Spring 2015" to the very limit. I guess we'll see more later.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The Dragoon pants look like they were inspirrd by the Valkyrie from Bravely Default. There's a lot of poofiness to the skirt.

Myst

Peasant
Are there any members on another server? Id like to play now and don't feel like waiting for the server to open, don't know how long that could be. That said, I could always world transfer once it opens.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Gilgamesh has been locked to new characters for like a really really long time. I have an active account with characters I play on the server extremely casually and have never seen it open to new characters in the past 6+ months I've been subbed. Now, take the caveat that I only log in for a few hours a couple times a month, but yeah.

Its stupid. They need to do something about that.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They should have done the server invite shit like in XI, but eh. I know it opens every now and then, but it's mostly really early in the morning. The very best time to make a char on an extremely loaded server is right after a maintenance, but that means you need to wait for one and then you need to be waiting really hardfor the server up since they sometimes just change it. And then you have to rush a char.

I don't really know how many people play the game at all though on this board, seems like a handful if that, so I would say not making a char on Gilgamesh wouldn't be the biggest loss, and you could server transfer before the expansion hits(though obviously that'll cost money).