Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hah, just the Gilg-specific Data Center apparently. Sucks too, I was hoping to knock out at least one Folklore book today =|

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That glorious feeling of killing every A rank hunt and the freedom to do whatever for a couple hours (except two, one double pull and other sniped)

Saban_sl

shitlord
Think i'd rather do almost anything else in the game over expert roulette if i have to deal with chieftain moglin every other day.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's becoming more and more evident that I need to unlock all of the 50 dungeons just to unlock future stuff later. I need to do a Coil T9 too apparently, are unlock runs a thing on Gilg?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
It's becoming more and more evident that I need to unlock all of the 50 dungeons just to unlock future stuff later. I need to do a Coil T9 too apparently, are unlock runs a thing on Gilg?
Not sure why you would need to do T9 unless you want to go into FCoB. During peak hours I often see runs for old Coils or trials, don't usually see the old 50 dungeons though.

Saban_sl

shitlord
He's not that bad. I usually tank Expert roulette and I can fall asleep during that fight.
He's really not that hard, its the people you get in your roulette's that make him difficult.

Also i find the mechanics to be super unresponsive, especially trying to smack the corpses out of the circles.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
For the old 50 dungeons, just queue for them and you'll get in with people who are doing leveling or whatever. If you mean the trials it's the same thing. I used to just queue directly for them and get in no problem. Obviously class queue times affect this.

For the Coil stuff, you'll never get a group if you just queue. Start a "party finder" for it and state what you want to do. It's far from instant but I was able to get people to run all of the coils over the course of 1-2 weeks in "undermanned mode". It's clearly not as the original experience intended, but I was able to get some quick poetics and the clears for old quests and just to see the zones since i joined well after they were a thing. I actually didn't know about party finder for months after joining this game, but it's come in handy a few times. You'll see hunt groups, fate grind(xp) groups, old dungeon undermans, and pony farming groups.

Saban_sl

shitlord
So with a new expansion announcement not that far off, what are the odds they wont raise the level cap? Getting real sick of every mmo these days bumping the level cap with every expansion. I'd rather see another batch of classes/jobs and more horizontal character progression this time. Sick of having to raise everything to level cap over and over again in every game.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
So with a new expansion announcement not that far off, what are the odds they wont raise the level cap? Getting real sick of every mmo these days bumping the level cap with every expansion. I'd rather see another batch of classes/jobs and more horizontal character progression this time. Sick of having to raise everything to level cap over and over again in every game.
0%

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, considering they do roughly 1.5 years worth of horizontal progression after each xpac drops, it really is a no brainer that they'd up the level cap. The only issue is ability bloat now, which could be handled with new traits being added and abilities that change depending on level, so you don't change hotbars when you get put into Tam Tara Deepcroft and then change back when you're in InsertEndgameDungeonHere.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
The game is definitely going to suffer with ability bloat next xpac. I think mmos would be better off and have a more interesting 'run' if they planned out a game over a specific lifespan, rather than leaving it open ended, and I think square with the ff series is in a perfect position to experiment with this. Ie have a story/classes/mechanics rough schedule fleshed out for a 5 year life, then close the game in a way that opens it into a new mmo experience-and obviously in some fashion that allows prior characters to transition into the new game with some benefit or other incentivized mechanic. I'd much rather see a new world and new classes/some redone mechanics rather than them try to keep building on a 6 yr old game going forward

Saban_sl

shitlord
Working on my Dragoon again, second 60 DoW after monk. Rotation seems so much less frustrating than monk, and apparently they are one of the top dps right now? Regardless it feels nice playing something that doesnt have a directional component on every single ability.

edit: Is levelling roulette only worth doing once a day? i need to do 1 dungeon for level 50 roulette as well. Once i finish the daily roulette am i better off doing equal level dungeons or are the roulettes still the better option?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Roulette one time through each is superior to just running the "roulette" dungeon sans bonus. Once you've done them all, it really behooves you (especially if you aren't a "wanted" class) to do whatever is the highest level dungeon you have access to. Especially when considering HS dungeons. The XP bonuses for bosses climbs as you level, while the per-regular-kill moves at a lesser rate.

Saban_sl

shitlord
I did levelling, trial and main scenario last night. Combined with beast tribe dailies it seems like a fairly consistent and steady way to go. Wish vanu and vath dailies gave more exp.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
I did levelling, trial and main scenario last night. Combined with beast tribe dailies it seems like a fairly consistent and steady way to go.Wish vanu and vath dailies gave more exp.
They give 540k/day (total) for level 56 at rank 8. It adds up especially if you don't have a lot of time on a given day, and they are relatively fast to complete.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I played this for a bit when Heavensward came out and I think I got to around 55 before I stopped. Been thinking about jumping back in so questions incoming

1. How does this run on the ps4? I know it house m/k support but how does it effect gameplay with the ds4?

2. I only ever leveled one job, warrior. Do you get a leveling bonus for your secondary jobs?

3. What's the endgame like for casual play? I don't have time to invest in raiding like I did in WoW anymore.

4. Do you still need to purchase both the base game and heavensward for ps4 if you already had them on PC? Is there a bundle available?

Thanks

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Betting on any mmo to last 5 years is a risky proposition these days.
Except the fact that the majority of them most always last at least 5 years.

How was the expansion overall? I never got passed level 11-12 or so (I think) in the game. Played on both PS4 and PC. I heard the story in the vanilla is worth completing and is epic.