Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The story up until about halfway through the level 50 main story stuff is kind of meh. Then it gets pretty interesting, and all of Heavensward is good/solid.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you don't enjoy playing the game (though you didn't unlock... basically any part of the game, and all classes have 2 abilities in combat roughly at level 12) then yeah I guess. The story is never really bad, it just is very run of the mill until 30+, and then it doesn't get all that engaging until halfway through the level 50 stuff. Then it's basically good to great until the end.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Well, not so much I do not like the game, but more I question whether I will have anyone to play with at such a low level. I cannot remember the level I made. I may have made it to 15. I saw thew Leves, dungeons or whatever but could never queue for it because it was broken at the time, and liked the combat pacing, atmosphere, and world design. Just doubt I will have the time to play through it all. Is it a fast leveling curve now?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nah, it's not that fast. Standard MMO progression speed, but with story inter-spacing it so a lot more time is spent in cutscenes/reading. Leveling doesn't take a long time, but until you have higher level characters you don't have the perks/bonuses/unlocks to streamline the experience to a degree. As for people to play with, FCs (FFXIV's version of guilds) are always recruiting/shouting to attract people, or just have people roaming around inviting literally every warm body. With the way dungeon finder works in that everything is effectively level synced, your choice of class determines your ability to find groups, not your level for the most part. That and everyone does the roulettes, which put you in a random dungeon at random levels (you only get put into ones you have unlocked, however) which means you frequently have cap level players synced to sub-level 20 dungeons.

With the sheer number of classes, there will probably always be people at all level ranges in the spectrum, not even including the syncing that is default for most/all dungeons.

ixian_sl

shitlord
Well, not so much I do not like the game, but more I question whether I will have anyone to play with at such a low level. I cannot remember the level I made. I may have made it to 15. I saw thew Leves, dungeons or whatever but could never queue for it because it was broken at the time, and liked the combat pacing, atmosphere, and world design. Just doubt I will have the time to play through it all. Is it a fast leveling curve now?
Aside from the dungeons interspersed throughout the leveling process, there isn't anything you'd get out of playing with another person that you couldn't just get fucking around with them on voice chat while you run around doing your thing. In fact, sometimes the quests will have you break party and go into brief solo instances. Also, there's a lot of fluff quests at level 50 that you'll have to complete before you can get to the Heavensward content. The latter 25% are okay and actually involve some challenging fights (though the fights have since been nerfed somewhat), but the first 75% of them are the epitome of "collect 10 bear asses" MMO design.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok so I checked my account. Level 16 archer. I'd like to become a BLM. So I suppose I need to level thurg to 30 and arc is already at 16. Correct? I want to nuke things.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Helps to get Arcanist to level 4 as a Thaum or Black mage for the heal spell since you basically have infinite mana during ice phase.

Malakriss

Really wish they would just add S rank to triad and not put Random/Chaos or Same/Plus on every hard NPC.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I restarted as a Thaumaturge on some random server. So I am going to just relax through the game and play it casually. Get the Thaug to 30, then I guess I just pick up a bow and run the Archer to 15 and automatically become a BLM. My Archer on Gilgamesh was 16, but I cannot remember any of the systems so I am thinking it may just be best to start over.

Main Questing, Side Questing, Hunting Log, and Leves sounds like the way to go.

Music still rocks.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Save your leve's until you get them to max. Leve's are a great way to level DPS alt classes.
Is there a specific "best way" to do this? I've been playing for a couple years but generally always hate leves. I'm also always bitching about leveling dps alts. I'm sure I'm doing it wrong. If I'm level 40 I goto a place offering 40-45ish leve quests and accept all. If there is a better way to do this I'd love to hear it. My dragoon is crying at 40.

Malakriss

Year old but HW era:Guide to Leveling : ffxiv
Level 1 - 8 : Hunt log
Level 8 - 10: Random fates in a starter area.
Level 10 - 13: Hunt Log
Level 13 - 20: Fates in Aleport
Level 20 - 22: Hunt Log (Ask a friend or stranger for help to finish it.)
Level 22 - 28: Leves in Quarrymill, Two in particular. A level 20 one that involves collecting traps and a level 25 one that involves collecting water. Neither require killing so you can turn it up to max level.
Level 28 - 34: Leves in Costa Del Sol. There are three easy Leves that are faster and offer more XP than fates. Out to Sea, which involves click 5 items, no combat. Necrolopis, which you can do with only having to kill one monster and Culling the Herd which involves killing five monsters. The goal is to do Out to sea as much as you can, if its not available, do Necolopis, if that's not available do Culling the herd as a last resort. If Cancer spawns, join a fate group and do that.
Level 34 - 42: Fates in Central Coerthas Highlands
Level 42 - 50: Fates in North Thanalan. I recommend waiting until level 42 before heading here.
Level 44 - 48: DD first room runs if you can create a premade party. Ideal setup: Dark Knight, Astrologian, Summoner, Machinist.
Level 50 - 55: Fates in Western Coerthas Highlands.
Level 53 - 55: Sohm Al
Level 55 - 58: Fates in Churning Mist.
Level 55 - 57: The Aery
Level 58 - 60: Fates in Dravanian Hinterlands
Level 57 - 59: The Vault
Level 59 - 60: Great Gubal Library
I would almost do aleport up to 22, then swap between East Shroud / South Shroud if you're doing fates. Costa fates still good but not as many people hunting them.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Fates suck unless there are large groups of people doing them. If it's you and 1-2 others, leve's are the way to go. There's no secret to doing them other then grab the highest level ones you can and do them all before turning them in. I'm missing 2 classes I think to 50. It's the best way to level the DPS classes. Tank/Healer obviously just dungeon it up.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Fates suck unless there are large groups of people doing them. If it's you and 1-2 others, leve's are the way to go. There's no secret to doing them other then grab the highest level ones you can and do them all before turning them in. I'm missing 2 classes I think to 50. It's the best way to level the DPS classes. Tank/Healer obviously just dungeon it up.
I've done the Northern Thalanan FATE's a a bunch the exp was just too good. Still the case? On Excalibur rarely large groups running any Central Coerthas fates unless its the weekend. Even then.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Exp on fate's is really good if they are flipping all the time. If they aren't getting closed because there are 1-3 people doing them, they suck
smile.png

Malakriss

I burned up all of my leves catching up on crafting. Moogles help but it's still like 2 days / level. Dumb powerleveling question but can you get a tap on a HW hunt and have a 60 kill it for you and then net the 20k-50k on them?