Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
Didn't get to play FFXIV 1.0 but I do have a question, did it(or 2.0/ARR) feel like a world? That's so stupid sounding I know, let me explain.

FF XI REALLY felt like it was an actual world. Like, the only other games I totally felt that way about was probably WoW/EQ/UO/EVE. The other MMOs while being good in certain areas, etc, never quite felt like they were a real place. That's something I -really- miss about MMOs, they focus so hard on the whole theme park experience(raids, battlegrounds, etc) that none recently have felt like an actual world you can escape to.

edit: EQ2 felt that way a bit too, the towns were huge and the areas in general were empty/huge so it felt more real(to be fair, I hadn't played it in a LONG time).

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah alll the areas of FF14 flow nicely and naturally from one area to the next. It's not like one place is so out of place beside the other its to far fetched to understand. I haven't seen ALL of the area tho since i was only in ARR and not 1.0.

Lodor_sl

shitlord
Has there been much word on the ps3 beta? Like has anyone been invited to it yet and Id imagine the beta will be a digital download from the psn marketplace?

kahilm_sl

shitlord
Apparently phase 3 beta testing will be weekends only initially, but longer as the test proceeds. Some of the footage they showed of the zones looked awesome. If they did one thing right, it's the environment and graphics.

Burr

Molten Core Raider
The character animations look well done as well. June 14th and August 27th cant come soon enough!

ixian_sl

shitlord
By the way, if you don't currently own the game they've confirmed that you can use a key from 1.0 to register for ARR, so if you can find a cheap copy of that anywhere it might be worth it if the $30 price point is unappealing to you.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I admit I haven't kept up with this game, but am I correct that you pick a class and can then master jobs within that class? So will there be more than just paladin and warrior jobs for the gladiator class or is that it? Or is this one of those games where you can learn to e everything eventually?

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I admit I haven't kept up with this game, but am I correct that you pick a class and can then master jobs within that class? So will there be more than just paladin and warrior jobs for the gladiator class or is that it? Or is this one of those games where you can learn to e everything eventually?
You can swap to any job. No need to have a bunch of alts.

kahilm_sl

shitlord
Damn. I like! Wish there was a SK type job a la starting Cecil in FFIV.
Dark Knight (DRK) was an advanced job in FFXI, it'll probably eventually be added to FFXIV. That was my first advanced job... wish I had known that in order to get a group past level 30, you needed to be either a PLD, WHM, or a better kind of DD class.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Dark Knight (DRK) was an advanced job in FFXI, it'll probably eventually be added to FFXIV. That was my first advanced job... wish I had known that in order to get a group past level 30, you needed to be either a BRD, BRD, or a friend of a BRD.
FTFY

Stave

Potato del Grande
Well, PS3 gameplay looks smooth as butter now from what I can tell. Here is PS3 gameplay from today. Starts at 1:18:19

Also a little weird animation stuff on the PS3, but again still in beta. I am impressed by the FPS improvement though.