Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This game has way too many fucking cutscenes/dialog scenes. I do not play MMO's for this, it feels just like SWTOR in that regard.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
These games need to be fun from the start, not wait and play and hope it gets better, as though we're back in 2004 again. sigh

I dislike the uninspired cutscenes, they are garbage, please let us skip them.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This game has way too many fucking cutscenes/dialog scenes. I do not play MMO's for this, it feels just like SWTOR in that regard.
I was hoping i could spam escape to make them talk faster or just STFU....i was wrong on both.

Tol_sl

shitlord
I used them for breaks to stretch and grab a drink of water. By the time I hit the one with everyone flying around a giant crystal for 2 minutes, I knew I was never going to give a shit anyway and tuned out.

Basically, this game reminds me why I love dark souls so much: That game just lets me dive in and have fun playing in literal minutes. All this fetch quest and running around getting 5 minute tutorial bursts for /hours/ on end, and watching cut-scenes I have zero interest in is basically everything I hate about gaming. It just feels so forced.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Started a few classes. Seems fun so far. Like everyone else, wtf cutscenes, but once you get into the game, it's pretty fun.

I'd love to have more dynamic combat ala GW2, but so far, I'm digging it.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
can you guys send me your name and stuff in my pm, so i can add you and stuff. i know it's short but i'd like to try a group play before it stops. thank you thank you.

Ugh , why do the cast times for spells have to be so damn long. 2.5 seconds on both of my dmg spells and then i get like lvl 6 or some shit and then i get a Lighting Spell and dont bother to check the description and use it my next fight and its a fucking dot , stopped playing.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PS3 performance seems fine to me (i.e. 30fps like nearly every other console game). Just fought a not-so-microchu in one of the FATEs with a ton of other people around and it was just as responsive as when nobody else is nearby.

My concerns are with the 720p resolution and the TV-sized UI, the targeting which is a pain in the ass, and the awkwardness of using hotkey bars made up of trigger+dpad/face button commands. With DCUO, you're limited to six abilities plus consumables and clickies so it's not an issue. This game seems to have as many abilities as a WoW-style MMO and that could get really annoying at high level. I can just plug a USB keyboard into my PS3 because it's on a desk and connected to one of my LCD panels, but I don't think that's an option for most people. Besides, if I wanted to do that there's no reason not to just play it on my PC that should be able to max the game out easily.

ixian_sl

shitlord
I'm not sure plugging in a keyboard will have the desired effect, actually. I believe the PS3 version only has the gamepad UI so that stuff might not map correctly.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I didn't think so either, but there's a UI for binding keyboard commands to stuff in the PS3 version. Every single spare keyboard I have right now is ps/2 connector, or I'd try it out.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
The beginning of the game is brutal and makes you want to quit, but the presentation of the game carries it a long way. Seems to get better once you get past the first 5 levels or so.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My god, I can actually play the game in my full monitor resolution without a black screen now. Way better than last beta phase.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Definitely starts out a little slow, and the lack of voiceovers anywhere is a little disconcerting.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
My god, the names in this game..

She comes with friends by the name of Wafufu, Ahtbyrm, Fyrilsmyd, Razyn Mylzyn and S'dhodjbi

2m2taic.jpg