Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the slow start will hurt it. People have already said it but the mindless questing is just brutal. I don't want to feel like I need to endure through the early levels of the game in hopes it gets better. I'm going to try because there isn't much out there to play but the hook isnt there for me. I'm glad they want me to see the city but they would be better off stringing it with one long class quest chain that actually involves some interesting/fun shit. I mean Jeez..be a little creative. All I see is the last 8 years in one game on steroids.

Stave

Potato del Grande
I dunno, to me, the starting run around town quests reminded me a lot of FFXI and running around Bastok learning the layout and whatnot. Made it feel more like home to me later in the game when it came to FFXI. Anyways yeah during P2 I didn't really get the hook until around level 10 when I could get other jobs and sub abilities and whatnot and start seeing more of the world. Then the hook set in on me.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My bro texted me telling there was a bad ass BPC in an EVE explo site so I tabbed out of FF14, loaded up EVE, ran the site, exited out of EVE, tabbed back into FF14 and immediately jumped back into playing with no issues.

That gives me confidence in the engine at least.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I started up a linkshell, I'll make a free company soon as I hit 25.

If you want to be added, friend Katya Kazanova and I will put you in

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
My bro texted me telling there was a bad ass BPC in an EVE explo site so I tabbed out of FF14, loaded up EVE, ran the site, exited out of EVE, tabbed back into FF14 and immediately jumped back into playing with no issues.

That gives me confidence in the engine at least.
The game engine is optimized better than any MMO I've played. They must of spent a lot of time on it because it wasn't this smooth in 1.0.

Buddy of mine with 5 year old hardware is running it at 60fps, easy.

ixian_sl

shitlord
The game engine is optimized better than any MMO I've played. They must of spent a lot of time on it because it wasn't this smooth in 1.0.

Buddy of mine with 5 year old hardware is running it at 60fps, easy.
1.0's engine was such shit, I can't believe the original team ever thought they were going to get it to run on PS3. I remember playing the beta of 1.0 on what was at the time a nearly top-of-the-line machine and it ran awfully. Granted, character models and such looked good but the world was so damned sparse that it didn't feel like it justified the performance issues.

Lodor_sl

shitlord
Any people in the ps3 beta have a problem where the ff14 game is only taking up like 60% the tv screen due to that the test is hard as hell to read even on a 60 inch tv?

Lodor_sl

shitlord
Hmm, reading the beta forums seems a lot of people are having resolution issues on the ps3 beta. Either the screen is too small or the games UI is too big cutting off lots of the GUI.

It isnt hard to make the resolution have a sliding scale these days. I cant beleive they are having an issue like this right out the gate in the ps3 beta.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well this is the first beta the PS3 has been in, problems are to be expected.

On that note, is there anyway looking at your account info to know if you are in the PS3 beta? Literally worst designed website ever.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
It's permanent but they've been running the beta on weekends only
Thanks. I'll probably give it more time when the beta is open or longer than, I hate weekend betas.
frown.png
I played for a bit and it seems awesome, felt like a real town etc.

Lodor_sl

shitlord
Well this is the first beta the PS3 has been in, problems are to be expected.

On that note, is there anyway looking at your account info to know if you are in the PS3 beta? Literally worst designed website ever.
The beta access is fairly generic. You have one code that you add to your SE ID which is given to both pc only and ps3 testers. Then there is a 2nd code that unlocks the ps3 launcher from the psn.

So everyone that got a ps3 invite also got a pc invite at same time but not vice versa.