Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
so how do I pick a second class? Playing a conj currently and its dps is kinda shit, is it possible to spec into another class for some dps while still leveling my conj?
Once you're 6 you get the stance that increases dmg quite a bit. It's not gonna get much faster than that though and cross classing won't help with DPS either. You could just change class though but regardless you'll need to hit 10 first. Otherwise you have to reroll.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm surprised, but I'm really enjoying the game. It's been vastly improved over the hour or two I spent playing v 1.0.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Somehow after getting all the crafting classes available in Ul'dah I get the feeling that the inventory size is not nearly as big as it needs to be...

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm so questing to 16/17ish, then it turns into just open world, go where you want and grind mobs?

I finished that main story line, become emissary visit the 2 other cities , then 3 dungeon quest in a row and that's it.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Hmm so questing to 16/17ish, then it turns into just open world, go where you want and grind mobs?

I finished that main story line, become emissary visit the 2 other cities , then 3 dungeon quest in a row and that's it.
I know in P2 they had this too, they didn't have all the quests available. They had an auto level NPC that would level you to 25 where more quests opened up. Don't know if hes in there or not anymore, but supposedly there are supposed to be more quests available to level cap. That or you might have to go to the other regions?

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So far I have played a PUG, THM and ARC to lvl 10 and I am enjoying the archer the most. The PUG died a lot but that was because I always suck at melee classes. The THM was ok with the back and forth magic system but the archer and his ability to fire while moving was juuuust right.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I dont really like how my ARC bow sounds more like star wars sound efx than a bow. The limit break for ARC and BRD being a aoe heal is sad.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

After the 3 dungeons, there's another storyline that opens where you join the recurring NPCs that helped you before, there's a bunch of quests after that, it does stop at some point though but I just got the lvl 20 quest so it either stops at 20 or 25. There's also quests in various zones but not in others, not sure what's up with that. One such place is Central Thalanan, has what appears to be lvl 18-20 quests in there. South and Eastern Shroud have no quests at all though for some reason, maybe just not added yet, weird. You can also do Guildleves which are quests you can choose, but sadly this shit is limited to the amount of requests you get everyday and you run out in like minutes, it's a bit like dailies only that you don't have to do them and you can stock them up to level another class(including crafting/gathering classes). Then grinding dungeons/guildhests(which are group versions of leves).

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah maybe they are not all in . I ended up running the 3rd dungeon(coppermine) 3 times. Then doing all the quest now in the desert. I do have to go back to south and east shroud to do the hunting log stuff(dont skip these, they give a ton of exp and a big bnous for doing the whole "level"). But as a example of them not being in yet, the south and east shroud both have towns/camps but there is no quest in them at all, so I would think why build that if you dont add quest there.

Leves are nice, but I keep them for my 2nd job(which I only have to get to 15 for bard). The guildhest(I think they are called this, like mini group leve's) are great exp the first time(completion bonus) but not sure if that bonus exp resets per day or that's it(cause they are shitty exp otherwise).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah maybe they are not all in . I ended up running the 3rd dungeon(coppermine) 3 times. Then doing all the quest now in the desert. I do have to go back to south and east shroud to do the hunting log stuff(dont skip these, they give a ton of exp and a big bnous for doing the whole "level"). But as a example of them not being in yet, the south and east shroud both have towns/camps but there is no quest in them at all, so I would think why build that if you dont add quest there.

Leves are nice, but I keep them for my 2nd job(which I only have to get to 15 for bard). The guildhest(I think they are called this, like mini group leve's) are great exp the first time(completion bonus) but not sure if that bonus exp resets per day or that's it(cause they are shitty exp otherwise).
Jobs aren't in for this phase though, well only for 1.0 copied characters. I've been keeping them for now but if I hit a point where I can't do anything else I'll just burn them I think. You get into a Grand Company at some point though, I assume when you've completed more of the storyquest, and you can do Grand Company leves instead which also give badges, and you can use those badges to buy a personnal chocobo(basically a mount). Also once you have it, you can make the chocobo into a pet that fights with you as a tank/dmg/healer depending on its stance.

Araxen

If they keep this up this game will end up being better than WoW. I am shocked at how good the game is right now. I can't believe it.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
So i received a beta code from square enix in my email and registered but it seems to keep wanting this one time password, which i can't get without "registering" final fantasy IV... so the beta code is not enough ?

Malakriss

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Try doing Step 1 for your Square-Enix account here (this is the NA link):http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/prepa.../index_na.html

One-time passwords are only if you have a SecurID token.
Did that and I think I may have done something bad... I registered with a new account with a diff email... Not sure if that would cause a problem but when I try to login with patcher it won't let me with username and pwd. Hmmmmm...