Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
If they keep this up this game will end up being better than WoW. I am shocked how good the game is right now. I can't believe it.
The game really picks up at 15+. It has kind of an annoying and slow start, but some of the story quests later on are fucking awesome. I'm definitely surprised at how good the game is so far.

Nocello

Golden Squire
So i received a beta code from square enix in my email and registered but it seems to keep wanting this one time password, which i can't get without "registering" final fantasy IV... so the beta code is not enough ?
Maybe you're doing the same thing I was overlooking... It's not asking for the 1 time password, but there is one of those security things below it that you have to enter the letters to log in. I didn't notice it at first for some reason.

Merquise_sl

shitlord
I have a problem.

I'm in the regular beta, but now i can't find the beta login forum to download the client again.

did they move it? can anyone give me a link to the beta forum logins where I can download the client again?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
So did the NDA get lifted? There seems to be a lot of chatter so I assume so. Is the combat system based on tab targeting? Are there tons of terrible telegraphs? How about the loot situation? Does gear mean something or is it just 'Beaverskin Gloves of Aglity +5'? Do mobs have specific loot tables? What's up with the raid content?

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
In dungeons you can get the same piece of loot with some randomized stats. You may have to run them multiple times to get the stats you want on certain pieces. But yes, the gear seems to be +betterer stats in this game. You also get to place your own skill points into stats as well.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
So did the NDA get lifted? There seems to be a lot of chatter so I assume so. Is the combat system based on tab targeting? Are there tons of terrible telegraphs? How about the loot situation? Does gear mean something or is it just 'Beaverskin Gloves of Aglity +5'? Do mobs have specific loot tables? What's up with the raid content?
This phase as beta 'could' answer what raids are available. I believe they plan on keeping most of their 1.0 raids, so there should be an end game there plus whatever else they've added.

Merquise_sl

shitlord
haha, each dungeon needs a meteor to fly at your character, if you don't move , you die and can't come back in for a day.

Just a simple skill check, hell, be like WOW and draw a big red circle on the ground where its going to hit.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I am really enjoyin it so far. I like that the combat isn't as plagued by ability bloat as modern wow and other games. It's more like wow classic IMO

The world feels amazing too I was on the fence prior to beta but now I am debating buyin the CE. Only problem is the game launches the same day I leave the country for grad school lol.

Crell_sl

shitlord
Is it possible to hook a USB keyboard + mouse up to the PS3 and play it that way? Or are you just stuck with the gamepad on PS3? PC can barely run this (esp. in dense areas), but obviously the PS3 runs fine. Or do I need to just get used to the gamepad setup if I go and play on PS3 untill I can get a better computer, which is in the works anyway. Game really isn't meant for a dual core...

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
haha, each dungeon needs a meteor to fly at your character, if you don't move , you die and can't come back in for a day.

Just a simple skill check, hell, be like WOW and draw a big red circle on the ground where its going to hit.
Funny thing is the big abilities do make red circles ;P or other graphics(ifriti).

On another note, Guess I finished what you can do in this phase. Sucks too I just got into one of the companies and it seems to really open up now(I wanted to get 1k seals for the personal chocobo). I was hoping to make it to brd to see if I like it, but after reading you cant do those this phase. Maybe I will just make a new character to try out a different class. Curious of the sub 30 play is indicative of advanced job play or is it like whole new abilities(I didn't play ffxi). Why I am curious is because if worth it to judge a class before 30 to see if I like it or is getting the adv job really needed before making a qualified decision.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Welp, I played sporadically for a few hours since the servers popped up. Now I'm setting the beta down til the game goes live (or characters are saved for release) because I am definitely purchasing this game. First time since early WoW-Wrath that I have had to restrain myself from playing a game hardcore. Even if the raid game isn't super duper amazing, I am sold on the gameplay/world/feel. They really -did- turn it around for FFIVX.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Jobs add new abilities, in 1.0 it was like 5 new abilities(1 of them is an ultimate super long cooldown ability), so it's not revolutionary, but since they're fairly strong abilities, they make the role stronger too. In some cases they also change the role, like going from Archer(meh ranged DPS) to Bard(yay support songs everyone does more dmg/cast faster/take more healing/take reduced dmg or whatever the fuck the songs are). In most ways though how the class plays before the job is how it'll play after too.