Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Merquise_sl

shitlord
So I logged in, big improvement from the phase 2 beta!

Do we have a linkshell or anything?

Graphics are top notch at least. For an MMO anyway

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Doesn't it end in like an hour?

Got some time to play today, leveled up a lancer. Some of the quests are pretty fun, but sometimes you just get caught in back-to-back quest cut-scenes/dialogues that drag out attempts to log off "after this quest."

Also, enjoyed the ability to actually make a male MMORPG character that looks like he has been in a fight before.

ixian_sl

shitlord
Doesn't it end in like an hour?
Four hours.

Finished all of the starter dungeons. That was my main goal with this beta phase, so I think I'm done until stuff carries over to release. Have to convince my friend to level Conjurer when we play for real so I can do Archer for Bard. :x

I dont really like how my ARC bow sounds more like star wars sound efx than a bow.
I really hope they change the sound for the basic attack. To me it sounds like jumping on one of those springy platforms in Super Mario World, and ever since you posted about it I can't not notice it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
In previous beta phases it always ended early hours on Sunday, not Monday. did they change it for this phase then?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So a few nitpicks.

Instancing is almost too much imo. So many times you will literally click on a object(door/npc etc) to zone, run for 5 seconds and do it again. One glaringly obvious situation was the airship quest to visit the other 2 cities. Getting off in one of the cities(think it was Limsa(sp?). You get off the airship(btw leaving/arriving 2 separate cut-scenes you have to go through) , walk about 10 steps and you can see the NPC you are supposed to talk to standing on the other side of the gate/turnstyle. Well you cant just run over there , its blocked off. You have to talk to the "Arriving" NPC to get him to teleport you literally 2 feet(and load time). When you finish that(btw this is 3 load times already once boarding the airship(which is a object/instance also), you have to take a lift down to the area proper(another talk to npc and have them teleport you). So from start(First city) to finally in the 2nd city, you click and load 5 times.

Other major pain and hopefully its a bug, is the quest where you enter little "Battles". It seems only one(or a few) of the instances of that "battle" can be going on at once. So you have literally 15+ people(if not more, during primetime) all standing around trying to spam to get in or I even saw at one location there was a literal LINE formed to start the instance that had about 25 people waiting.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
By the way, don't judge the game if you start in Gridania. Both Uld'ah and Limsa Lominsa blow it away in graphical appeal/coolness factor.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
this is surprisingly not bad. they need to cut down on the traveling for the post-dungeon quest line though, god damn.

it's worth it though once you get the chocobo

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
Did anyone try the quest "Duty, Honor, Country" as a THM? Ridiculously difficult (found it was luck based on the timing of being poisoned) since you can't get cure from Gridania before you complete it..

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Did anyone try the quest "Duty, Honor, Country" as a THM? Ridiculously difficult (found it was luck based on the timing of being poisoned) since you can't get cure from Gridania before you complete it..
That quest is an idiot test. You need to use an antidote to cure the poison
smile.png

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i leveled up to 23 on a thaum and this is the only place i died. 1 Antidote and 1 Hi-potion and youll get through it easily.

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
That quest is an idiot test. You need to use an antidote to cure the poison
smile.png
Which is why I said it was luck based. The antidote has a 3 minute cd - the poison can get applied multiple times in that cooldown interval, so if you get unlucky you simply can't survive it as a THM.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
when i first did it, i was basically the only one there but after reading the thread on it i found this absolutely hilarious.

ffxiv_20130615_210954_zps14349cc3.png