Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
Because similar classes outright share all their gear (aside from weapons) I'm pretty sure it's going to be standard for people to have all classes in an archetype leveled. Your average tank is going to have both PLD and WAR available for raids. Your average healer is going to have WHM and Scholar available. The encounter will determine what class people actually use mid-raid I'd think.

Mahulk_sl

shitlord
Because similar classes outright share all their gear (aside from weapons) I'm pretty sure it's going to be standard for people to have all classes in an archetype leveled. Your average tank is going to have both PLD and WAR available for raids. Your average healer is going to have WHM and Scholar available. The encounter will determine what class people actually use mid-raid I'd think.
This is exactly what I have planned, level GLD and MRD to have both available should one be more useful than the other for each event/dungeon/raid. Then should one be completely useless you have the other to fall back to until they balance them. From looking at skills, PLD seems the clear winner for raid tanking at endgame (-20% dmg taken > +25% max hp), but there might be events where the adds need a solid AoE tank which would favor the WAR).

Soriak_sl

shitlord
Just got an invitation to the beta myself... hurray. Does anyone have a good link explaining the class system? From what I understand from reading the wikia guide (which may actually refer to version 1.0), I pick a base class (e.g. caster) when I create my character. Then, I can switch between a number of base classes. At higher levels, I can specialize into an advanced class (e.g. scholar), but that will prevent me from specializing in the other one (e.g. summoner)? Will that essentially replace my base class, or is it simply one more class I can pick?

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
24 man raids aren't going to be for duty finder they've already stated that. Might be confused over how they define the term "raid". In 1.0 they referred to the 8 man content as raids, even though everyone else referred to them as dungeons.

I don't really understand why people care about legacy/non legacy duty finder. It's going to be new for everyone regardless so who gives a shit. There will be scrubs and decent skilled players across all spectrums.
8 mans wouldnt be difficult to put together on a server though, and that could easily transition into FCs which would be able to handle 24s

As is you're just going to have a bunch of lame 8 man pick up content

Killjoy_sl

shitlord
Just got an invitation to the beta myself... hurray. Does anyone have a good link explaining the class system? From what I understand from reading the wikia guide (which may actually refer to version 1.0), I pick a base class (e.g. caster) when I create my character. Then, I can switch between a number of base classes. At higher levels, I can specialize into an advanced class (e.g. scholar), but that will prevent me from specializing in the other one (e.g. summoner)? Will that essentially replace my base class, or is it simply one more class I can pick?
Pretty sure you can unlock all classes/jobs on one character if you grind enough. Once you reach 15 or 20 I think you can talk to other class NPC's and then you can change classes by simply equipping a certain weapon type. Keep in mind you will need separate gear sets for each class and you'll have to start over at level 1.

Jobs are just specialized advanced classes with prerequisites like 30 Gladiator+15 Conjurer to unlock Paladin.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
Pretty sure you can unlock all classes/jobs on one character if you grind enough. Once you reach 15 or 20 I think you can talk to other class NPC's and then you can change classes by simply equipping a certain weapon type. Keep in mind you will need separate gear sets for each class and you'll have to start over at level 1.

Jobs are just specialized advanced classes with prerequisites like 30 Gladiator+15 Conjurer to unlock Paladin.
You can start picking up other classes once you have 10 in your main class.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
Quick reminder to all the new people trying stuff out over the next few days. After you hop on Marlboro, try one of the following

/t Katya Kazanova hi

/t Zp Zp hi

If either of us gets the message, we can use your tell to invite you to the guild. Also, we have a bunch of crafters now, so we can probably hook you up with HQ gear and what not too.

Syia_sl

shitlord
Does anyone have any interest in power leveling their first class during P4? My new computer arrived and I've been planning to rush 50 and stream end-game content, but I can't pick a class to roll without knowing who I'll be playing with/who will also be rushing to cap.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I will be pushing to cap with a couple of friends as well. Unfortunately, I won't know what our class makeup is until the end of this test. What do you generally play/what hours?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I will be pushing to cap with a couple of friends as well. Unfortunately, I won't know what our class makeup is until the end of this test. What do you generally play/what hours?
I added a new column to our guild spreadsheet - Timezone. Link's in my signature. If anyone plans to play, and hasn't signed up, please do so, so we can organize classes and raid times more efficiently
smile.png

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is still just on weekends correct? I also received an invite but I'm out of state this weekend (leaving Thursday night getting back Sunday night) so I'm pretty screwed for this round I take it?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
This is still just on weekends correct? I also received an invite but I'm out of state this weekend (leaving Thursday night getting back Sunday night) so I'm pretty screwed for this round I take it?
Actually... this round started this morning and goes until Monday morning (I think, I'm at work).

So get to playing!

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
This last phase 3 test started this morning at 5am est, and ends Monday at 5am est.

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
Tempted to start all over again on Malboro but wondering whether it'll be worth the effort as I'm EU and trying to factor in just how much longer we'll be testing (aka playing for free) for.

My Gld is only 16 or so anyway so it's no real hardship to restart.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Actually... this round started this morning and goes until Monday morning (I think, I'm at work).

So get to playing!
Awesome news, I'm off that Monday as well. I will fire it up and get my cutscenes started as soon as I get home from work, thanks.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Some people were kinda vague, but using the best info I have, so far we have signed up:

Total players: 37

Marauder: 4
Gladiator: 7
Archer: 8
Pugilist: 1
Lancer: 4
Conjurer: 6
Arcanist: 3
Thaumaturge: 4

So that's 11 tanks, 12 range dps, 5 melee dps and 9 healers. If people want to use this info to shift themselves to other classes, go right ahead.