Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
"I need to play passed 15 to have fun I guess? I love hearing this. Why don't they make the entire damn thing fun."

Is what I keep on hearing. What exactly makes post 15+ content so much more exciting and dynamic other than being able to run dungeons? (I only played till level 9 last time around)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well it's mostly group content and classes getting better to play as you get more skills, but it's not like a super big change I think.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"I need to play passed 15 to have fun I guess? I love hearing this. Why don't they make the entire damn thing fun."

Is what I keep on hearing. What exactly makes post 15+ content so much more exciting and dynamic other than being able to run dungeons? (I only played till level 9 last time around)
The Mines of Gloomingdeep hand holding ends and you can go forth into a brand new world.

Stave

Potato del Grande

It's when you stop doing mostly bear ass newbie quests around your hometown, and start getting much deeper into the storyline and whatnot. Shit like actually fighting Ifrit, secret societies, big bad empire starts coming into the picutre, etc. And shortly thereafter, chocobo mount/combat companion, class quests actually start getting challenging where you need to use some strategy/skill to beat (not sure if all are this hard though) and also start getting pretty epic in story compared to the 5 and 10 ones. And dungeons are actually pretty fun, like the goo fight in the mines was pretty cool, almost like a strategy youd see on a raid boss in WoW. You also get your airship pass right around here, and can start seeing more of the world etc. Basically a big layer of the game unlocks around 15. It does hold true to the Final Fantasy name in that they really did weave in a pretty deep story into this so far, and like any FF game, once you get a few hours in and the story lays its ground and starts to pick up, it keeps you playing to find out what happens next.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Jumped to 29. At 26 as a gladiator I FINALLY got enough aggro tools, not to rely on others to not be stupid. The 2.5s timers are still just too slow. I am just not getting used to this.

Hit the 29 dungeons...standard fare. Pretty much tank and spanks, minus the last boss who has a small mechanic. Still pretty easy up to this point.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
i got a beta code but i don't have time for this.

RBWU YNB3 7C8Q 53J3 7WMC

not sure if account bound but there it is.

Bodger

Silver Knight of the Realm
^ I tried to give it to my cousin. He said it wouldn't take dunno if thats cause it was already claimed or what....just an fyi for others.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Is the BETA playable now or is it only on weekends at the moment. I've had a Key for a while but I've been unable to download for client for some reason.. any help?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is the BETA playable now or is it only on weekends at the moment. I've had a Key for a while but I've been unable to download for client for some reason.. any help?
It's playable now until monday or so, when phase3 ends.

Phase4 will start later and will be open beta.

Shaky source(ingame chat) has YoshiP saying P4 will be 1week and that Arcanist will be available to play at that point. Also balancing shit and voice acting. Will need to wait for confirmation but that's nice if true, having the Arcanist available right away.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I simply can't log into the forum to download the client. I'm gonna give up square enix account system is fucken terrible.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, that was my problem a few months ago. Even now, I have a big "this site is under maintenance" error from their page, and I get error -2146697211 when I open the patcher. Oddly, I took my computer to my friend's home in Seoul and the patcher worked fine, I downloaded the client but the beta wasn't open for me to actually log in. Prior to this, and now again currently, the patcher gives me an error.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Googling that exact error code returned a solution that worked for 2 people at least, disable antivirus and launch it as admin and should be fixed.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Nice looking game, combat is pretty slow by todays standards and the ping to the JP servers from Australia (at 240ms) is almost unplayable. If I don't start moving before a cast bar is beyond 1/3 of it's cast, I'll always get hit, even if I'm behind the critter when it's using a frontal AoE cone attack. I should fraps this shit.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Googling that exact error code returned a solution that worked for 2 people at least, disable antivirus and launch it as admin and should be fixed.
I should have mentioned that I did in fact do that and it did not in fact work
frown.png

And when the launcher did work while I was at my friend's place, I had not ran it as an admin.

Zionmaster_sl

shitlord

This is the same feeling I'm having about the game. I got to lvl 12 and just didn't care anymore and logged out. The combat is slow, boring, and uninspired. Old school tab target just doesn't cut it for me anymore. I really wanted to like the game but when I have to force myself to keep playing in hopes it eventually becomes fun then something is wrong.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Trying to do char world transfer but getting this error when I login from herehttp://sqex.to/Lyf

You must be logged in to display this page. If you have been automatically logged out due to inactivity, please reload the page after logging back in.

Any one know a fix? Also what server did we pick?

NM looks like I am stuck on Aegis server.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
Nice looking game, combat is pretty slow by todays standards and the ping to the JP servers from Australia (at 240ms) is almost unplayable. If I don't start moving before a cast bar is beyond 1/3 of it's cast, I'll always get hit, even if I'm behind the critter when it's using a frontal AoE cone attack. I should fraps this shit.
The ping might be exaggerating this a bit but this is a problem they need to fix in the game. Most people have to move before the castbar is 3/4 done to dodge.