Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Maybe you need to clear your cache? Or it might be a regional problem? Not sure, working just fine right now, takes me right to the signup page.

edit: without any kind of german clicking involved.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will agree, SEs account management system and handling is so bad and its been that way as far as I can remember.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Probably related to the lovely 3102 error a slough of people are getting:

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties wherein some cases players are unable to log into certain Worlds in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

The issue is being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

[Date & Time]
From Aug. 17, 2013 9:17 p.m. (PDT)

[Details]
Unable to log into certain Worlds in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

[Affected Service]
-Moogle World
-Odin World
-Shiva World
-Cerberus World
-Faerie World
-Coeurl World
-Exodus World
-Diabolos World
-Adamantoise World
-Ultros World
-Midgardsormr World
-Malboro World
-Goblin World
-Cactuar World
-Gilgamesh World
-Leviathan World
-Behemoth World
-Balmung World
-Ragnarok World
-Sargatanas World
-Excalibur World
-Hyperion World

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yea I also got 3102'd

There's a support thread on the forums for people to post if they have it (I'd post a link but the forums are barely functional atm) and it just exploded about 150 pages in the last 15 minutes.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Figures, I just setup finally, and click on the US/EU server list and get 'no connection', hey at least I can see the JP servers :p

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I've been 9k'd since about 5pm CST, frustrating because I can't progress any further on GLD or THM since both quests require an instance and it just disconnects. And I had to join Mumble b/c Linkshell is broken which may be the worst part of this whole situation. It's like 3 hours of listening to drunk Utnayan try to cyber me!

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hahaha holy shit, some of these quests and lines in them. "As cold as a dead whore's crotch." Limsa is quickly becoming my favorite starting zone in any game ever.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've registered for beta, but never had any key. Like Ryanz, I must of missed something somewhere. I try the link posted, and I choose Windows PC, and it says I'm registered already. I've gotten emails from them about account confirmation but I never received any kind of key.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I did my first instance drunk and people had a clue.... I guess I'm incredibly lucky. The did break my sleep all the time though so I guess they sucked in the end.

How the fuck do you assist in this game?

I still love this game.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
I did my first instance drunk and people had a clue.... I guess I'm incredibly lucky. The did break my sleep all the time though so I guess they sucked in the end.

How the fuck do you assist in this game?

I still love this game.
If you're sleeping mobs in early instances you're playing like an idiot.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't think acns dmg is super good but I am 100% sure it owns the fuck out of cnj dmg. Also pretty sure using areo and thunder instead of ruin is fucking stupid. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
Also pretty sure using areo and thunder instead of ruin is fucking stupid. I could be wrong but I doubt it.
Pretty sure you don't understand math or the game mechanics. If the monster is going to live for more than 6 seconds after the spell hits it, Thunder and Aero do vastly superior damage to Ruin. It's not even close.

For reference:

Ruin Potency = 80.

Thunder Potency with 2 ticks = 100. Full duration = 240.

Aero Potency with 2 ticks = 100. Full duration = 175.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Hmm, finally downloading it. Can't wait to join in. I've been fiending for an MMO for a longass time and I miss FFXI so.. may as well try it yeah?

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
Sorry, but I want to help my group and sleeping a mob that doesn't need to be doing damage is sensible.
Except you're not helping your group. You're hurting your group by taking a useless action that could be used for damage instead. The point of crowd control is to help the healer. The healer requires zero help in any of the instances we've seen so far. Healing is so lax that you can spend 80%+ of the time DPSing in a main heal role. And this is without considering the fact that you generally want to aoe on packs that are 3 or greater anyways. Going to be difficult to do that if you're playing badly and CCing stuff that has zero need of being CC'ed.