Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Playing Paladin again, only been about five years. It's odd having to do literally nada to hold hate compared to post ARR launch.

It's that balancing act between finding something with a faster queue time than DPS but none of the toxicity (and boredom) or Healers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Try out Gunbreaker if you want some good DPS and tank stuff, have been toying around with it in Deep Dungeons and it's a lot of fun.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Playing Paladin again, only been about five years. It's odd having to do literally nada to hold hate compared to post ARR launch.

It's that balancing act between finding something with a faster queue time than DPS but none of the toxicity (and boredom) or Healers.
Either I was just never a shit tank, or you've had some really bad luck with Healers (if you're implying that the HEALERS are the ones that were toxic.) But then again, I rarely ran into anyone in FFXIV that was Toxic either. Must be a different beast in the middle-late of expansions.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Either I was just never a shit tank, or you've had some really bad luck with Healers (if you're implying that the HEALERS are the ones that were toxic.) But then again, I rarely ran into anyone in FFXIV that was Toxic either. Must be a different beast in the middle-late of expansions.

Oh, I meant it was awful playing a healer, particularly AST in anything challenging.

Cybsled

Yoshi p did a JP interview recently. No allied beast quest this time around :(

He also stated a character important to the next xpac will appear in this patch. He also hinted final Nier tier will be odd, so I am guessing surprise Drakengard content lol

Merrith

Yoshi p did a JP interview recently. No allied beast quest this time around :(

He also stated a character important to the next xpac will appear in this patch. He also hinted final Nier tier will be odd, so I am guessing surprise Drakengard content lol

No beast quest in 6.0 at all? Seems weird to just ditch it when they just swapped to 1 combat, 1 craft, 1 gatherer.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's kinda weird since these tend to be pretty simple quests usually but guess it's part of the corona cuts. I don't think I've cared for any of them though, beast tribe stories are nice enough usually but the allied one is kinda whatever(first couple had like some villain storyline shit but iirc the SB one was just a bunch of nothing going on).

Cybsled

The main thing I usually looked forward to from the Allied BT quests was the bonus emotes/glamour/etc. Like in Stormblood, you get the coin toss emote and Namazu head.

I suppose they could always just toss a couple extra items on the tribe vendors if they wanted

edit: Here is the translation. I kind of chuckled at Yoshi P mentioning they won't do a "burn out the bad" clap emote because he knows how the playerbase would use that lol

Last edited:

Cybsled

Live letter was this morning. Diamond weapon will be an actual trial fight, harder levi fight, new Nier raid appears to be Nier Replicant based. They’re adding some gold sink mounts you can buy also that cost a few million gil.

Biggest thing I’m looking towards is they are adding window housing items that let you simulate the outdoors. You can do that with a little trickery right now, but it eats up a lot of house budget, so having a single item that can do the same is awesome

Cybsled

I just read a more detailed translation of the live letter. When Yoshi talked about "collision updates", it sounds like it might break some housing shit. They better not break floating/clipping housing items, that will 100% break housing and will be fucking bullshit.

Merrith

I just re-upped so I could catch back up on the story. I just dont go hard into the raiding scene for this game.

Exactly how I play it, although I usually do the normal mode for stuff to see it all.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I just read a more detailed translation of the live letter. When Yoshi talked about "collision updates", it sounds like it might break some housing shit. They better not break floating/clipping housing items, that will 100% break housing and will be fucking bullshit.
The live translation said he specifically mentionned it'll probably break housing stuff and they'll work on getting it back working after. The changes are to counter one of the easier way to clip through objects and end up out of bounds, by fiddling with your FPS. Might be other reasons to do the change too not sure.

As for the activity question I was subbed for 2months not too long ago, did a bunch of raiding and a bunch of catching up. Will resub before the fanfest to avoid story spoilers by playing 5.5 first, but not sure if I'll resub next week or if I'll just wait more. I think that's how most people play the game, resub every now and then and do the content then move on. There's always new things to do but once you're done there's not that much incentive to play for longer periods of time unless you're still leveling or you get into some ingame activity that grabs you. Will also resub some time before 6.0 just to prepare everything as usual, but better wait for savage lockout removal and 900tomes a week before that, to gear up more efficiently.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users