Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Barraind

Trakanon Raider
I haven't played much recently, log in, send submarines off, log out.

Most everyone I've known has quit and crystal has almost nobody on Pacific or later time, so holding out until either x-datacenter groups or until I decide I'm done.

Every update just makes things sound worse, with one sort of cool thing thrown in.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Haven't played for a few expansions. Will probably re-sub for ps5 when it comes out
Shadowbringers has been overwhelmingly well received. I personally like this expansion better than all the rest by far. Id at least try to play this one while its still current. Its 20 bucks and well worth it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Idk, i've been regularly subbed for 6 or 7 years or so now. I don't raid every single tier but if I get an inkling to it's easy enough to jump in. Once you get used to the formulaic approach they take to content you know when to expect what for which patch and how to plan your time to focus on the game accordingly.

It's still going plenty strong, but yeah the lull between content isn't for everyone. You really gotta know how to stay busy in this game if you're gonna try to everyday it.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I just read a more detailed translation of the live letter. When Yoshi talked about "collision updates", it sounds like it might break some housing shit. They better not break floating/clipping housing items, that will 100% break housing and will be fucking bullshit.

Sadly they had too fix this issue, thanks RMT Traders(It's how they were clipping outside the maps and just "hanging out" in spots all over maps)

Lately though they have gotten very fucking brave , full on groups just going *poof* at every major aetheryte I've gone too, Rev's Toll for some odd reason is a really big hot spot for them.

Cybsled

The teleporting/clipping bots are pretty annoying. If you run a low level character through certain zones, you'll see bots pop out of the earth and kill shit, then vanish back down like it's the fucking Tremors movie

Housing would be much easier to "fix" if they just let us use Z axis on -everything- for placement. The fact you have to exploit engine issues just to get something to float or place somewhere is dumb to begin with, it should just be base functionality.

Barraind

Trakanon Raider
Leveling my last alt, I took screenshots of all the bots hiding under the world grinding mobs.

It gets hilarious when you know the areas they use.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So... I guess that's a thing? Is it people leveling alts for future use, or is it $$ farmers that want to re-sell the account with leveled characters?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
They are killing enemies that drop Gill, or items that sell really good on the MB.

I'm more amazed they are not using PoTD or any other dungeon too farm money would be much faster with 4-8ppl running bots thru them all day, rofl.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They are killing enemies that drop Gill, or items that sell really good on the MB.

I'm more amazed they are not using PoTD or any other dungeon too farm money would be much faster with 4-8ppl running bots thru them all day, rofl.
They need the MSQ to unlock dungeons. They mostly used to farm Wanderer's Palace, don't know what they do nowadays, but they basically bot chars so they can farm dungeons constantly at max lvl(nowadays it'd be HW dungeons but they might stick to 50 shit so it's easier I don't know). Potd being random it'd require somewhat stronger bots.

Haven't really seen a bot in a while, ever since preferred servers and world visit and all that, bots seem to stick to certain low pop servers. Like 90% of the bots are on Spriggan on my DC. They do have bots selling stuff on the marketboard on every server and spamming ads in Limsa obv but the actual farming bots I haven't seen in forever.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I've seen them a lot more recently vs in the past, occasionally I'd see my afk camera catch ppl underground and just *laughed* but recently it's been a lot worse around major aetherytes.

With there ability to basically slip thru the cracks of the map, a PoTD bot would be really easy. They would probably make it run 51-100 all day long(Iron Trimmed sacks)

Last edited:

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really struggle to maintain interest in the levelling game. Trying to get my Pld up to 80 but it's painfully slow at present even with Duty Finder bonuses.

Odd as well that Tank is usually the required role in DF and yet I can queue for up to 10 minutes for an invite whereas Healer is insta-invite.

I'm enjoying the Pld job quests post 60 more than most of the others though. The final Dancer one was pretty cool however.

Merrith

Actually kind of pumped for the patch tomorrow, although I'm behind on relic stuff. Wondering if I should try and clear the 2nd nier raid today before downtime

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Should definitely clear it now since you'll have to clear it before the next, although as long as you get it done before the reset after the patch it's not big loss. Want to do the 3rd one every week for the tome gear upgrade materials though.

Relic upgrade isn't for like 1.5/2months anyway, so you'll have plenty of time to catch up on that, and Diamond EX weapons are gonna be better in the meantime(and probably upgraded crafted weapons too since they'll be bumped to 520, so even with more substats on relic, it'll at best break even). Relic basically goes back to "just glamour" until the last upgrade where it'll be BiS until next expansion.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Actually kind of pumped for the patch tomorrow, although I'm behind on relic stuff. Wondering if I should try and clear the 2nd nier raid today before downtime

Everyone will be running all the Nier raids for quite awhile, after the patch you'll be able too just outright buy the Cryptlurker augment pieces..

Merrith

Everyone will be running all the Nier raids for quite awhile, after the patch you'll be able too just outright buy the Cryptlurker augment pieces..

Yeah I was just thinking what might fall off. Relic stuff is going to continue to be run through the end of the expansion, 2nd alliance raid might drop off a bit once the 3rd one is out

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
All 3 alliance raids will still be popping plenty, as the upgrade item (Ester/Twine/Glaze) tends to take x1 of each alliance raid coin to purchase for this period.

Merrith

All 3 alliance raids will still be popping plenty, as the upgrade item (Ester/Twine/Glaze) tends to take x1 of each alliance raid coin to purchase for this period.

Yeah, although if you do hunt trains, S ranks, etc, you can just get nuts for all that in the first week.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Don't even need trains, just do the dailys' for nut sacks and be done, usually takes a week like this but it's nice if you don't feel like doing the raids/hunt trains.

Merrith

Don't even need trains, just do the dailys' for nut sacks and be done, usually takes a week like this but it's nice if you don't feel like doing the raids/hunt trains.

Dailies are only like 75 nuts total, though. Upgrade pieces are 3k and 2k each. Trains right after the patch will be massive, too, can hit 3 in under and hour easy with server hopping and get 1400-1500 nuts. Aether just has a really organized hunt community.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
ehh *shrug* i'll just keep farming eden and probably will farm out the Nier raids for the last few pieces of gear I need too upgrade, hunt trains never really interested me ..