Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
So what server and who is setting up Rerolled guild?
hrbjih.png

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
@Spronk, youve inspired me - Your method always keeps me up at least 48 hours with ease. All drinks I alternate and only one bag of cheetos for food.
@Conkuur holy crap Vord haha, how have you been buddy?

rrr_img_41340.jpg

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Going with ISIS again right?
Yes, ISIS <International Secret Intelligence Service>

As promised I will be making custom ranks for anyone who rolls an Archer themed name

Vorph you can check the spreadsheet but I think Zp is the only one planning on progressing alchemy. I only took mine to 15 to get tricks of the trade, I'll be levelling blacksmith. Guild housing gives +25% xp to gathering and crafting, which is awesome.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do I want to know what the white pills on the left are in the tiny little ziploc bag?

Fratley_sl

shitlord
Water is the secret to staying awake. Go as long as you can only drinking water before mixing in caffeine (and if you must, food -- keep it 'healthy').

Anyway, I'm about to head out to a family reunion with my fiancee so I'll miss the very beginning of this party. Is anyone else getting a late start on Gilg who wants to form a static? I'm an ACN.

Roxette_sl

shitlord
lol... you guys... the last couple of pages have certainly been interesting. Nice to see this kind of excitement though, especially on these forums.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
lol... you guys... the last couple of pages have certainly been interesting. Nice to see this kind of excitement though, especially on these forums.
I haven't been this excited for a MMO in a long time. The last one was for Warhammer, and that ended up being a flacid game. Ever since then it's been hard for me to get excited for games.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
MMO opening rushes are just fun for me for some reason. I treat it like an event when I can. Lots of alcohol, friends, and terrible food, and then poopsock for a day or two, before slowing down to my usual pace.
This is for me also. While this time I'm not taking off any extra I am planning on less sleep sat night and playing while wife and kids are asleep most of the night.
I still enjoy that intial launch of an mmo most of all too.
At EQ initially when they'd bring up a new server , (Believe Rodcet Nife was the first after initial batch ) , Id often roll on it just because that land rush to get your first mino axe and cracked staff or wisp plat drop in the throngs was fun.

Fratley_sl

shitlord
It may not be 1999, but it feels a little similar to 2004 and I think we all deserve that much after the hell the industry has put us through.

Even a few solid weeks of fun is going to be enough.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I think I'm going to be trying it out, gonna buy it later more than likely.

Do we get a month free with purchase or no?

Mugaaz_sl

shitlord
It may not be 1999, but it feels a little similar to 2004 and I think we all deserve that much after the hell the industry has put us through.

Even a few solid weeks of fun is going to be enough.
Exactly. My expectations are 2-4 weeks of fun times leveling, running dungeons, and trying the end game. I can get excited by that. I'm not hoping pointlessly for the next big MMO. If I play for 4 weeks and never again that deson't mean those 4 weeks were a waste of time. I'll play until its not fun, just like every other game I've played.

Conkuur_sl

shitlord
@Spronk, youve inspired me - Your method always keeps me up at least 48 hours with ease. All drinks I alternate and only one bag of cheetos for food.
@Conkuur holy crap Vord haha, how have you been buddy?
Playing GW2 until I got tired a farming lol. Enjoyed the Summer and became a Granddad .....you know the whole growing old deal lol. You must be OCD with a game area that fkn clean lulz! Good to see you.

I have a legacy char on Excalibur I quit when they started charging the monthly fee again. I would reroll but I think I will just hang and transfer to another server later. I always loved the franchise but lets face it old FFXIV was pretty painful to play but I always loved the world and music.