Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Bah, couldn't find any good deals on vid cards/ssd's - so bought a 64gb ssd off amazon one day shipping. Any clue on how long it will take to clone windows/ffxiv onto ssd tomorrow? If it takes forever, I'll probably just wait until the (inevitable) down time between tomorrow and release Still unsure on vid card - might wait for next generation I think. Getting 6.9k on the FFXIV benchmark, and it ran great last weekend. If I could only find someone to take my dog this weekend, I'd be all set. I assume he'll probably have to poop/piss at least once though.... fucker.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Fresh fruit, water and these things - you couldn't go to sleep if you wanted to and can eat whatever else you want (they contain massive amounts of caffeine, green tea etc) :

rrr_img_41345.jpg

Weaponsfree_sl

shitlord
So I had trouble getting the patch yesterday to work on the torrent I downloaded of the game for open beta. I had to do the following, maybe it'll help you:

-On the folder, right click, remove "read only". Make sure it applies to all subfolders
-Open the folder, go into the two subfolders. For every .exe file, right click, properties, at the bottom see if you see a button about "Unblock". If so, click it.

I had to do that to all the .exe files (like 3-4 in one folder, 1 in the other), then the patch worked fine.
Thanks for responding--already did the "unblock" and "uncheck read only" thing. I even edited the registry to make sure that blocking it at all wasn't an option for downloaded files. Still getting the same error.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ordering chinese food usually buys me a few more hours.

Sadly I'm only going to be able to go all in this weekend. I work on a small team and we can only have one person out at a time outside of emergencies and this week was already blocked off by someone else before SE released their damn schedule.

I am going to piggy back some vacation on after Labor Day though
smile.png

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Bah, couldn't find any good deals on vid cards/ssd's - so bought a 64gb ssd off amazon one day shipping. Any clue on how long it will take to clone windows/ffxiv onto ssd tomorrow? If it takes forever, I'll probably just wait until the (inevitable) down time between tomorrow and release Still unsure on vid card - might wait for next generation I think. Getting 6.9k on the FFXIV benchmark, and it ran great last weekend. If I could only find someone to take my dog this weekend, I'd be all set. I assume he'll probably have to poop/piss at least once though.... fucker.
Keep it installed where it is. Copy the Square Enix folder on to your new ssd. Rename the Square Enix folder to something else (square enix0). Then you make a junction point.

C:\games\square enix\
Copy to: (if your new ssd is E)
E:\games\square enix\
ren C:\games\square enix "C:\games\square enix0"
mklink /J "E:\games\square enix" "C:\games\square enix"

After you confirm everything works as expected, remove C:\games\square enix0

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm going to go to sleep super early and wake up super early. Fuck staying up for this shit and risking it not even working. I'd rather be well rested and go late the next night(assuming it's even working then).

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Installing Win 7 on an SSD is all of a 10 minute process. About a month ago when I reverted back from Win8 it still shocked me how fast it was. That was using a downloaded minimum Win7 ISO though. Not sure if it makes a difference.

Didn't someone post a link to the OST for FF XIV? Was it the ARR version or were they lossless?

Nija

<Silver Donator>
So a warrior can only be a tank in this game and not a true dps class?
It's kind of both. You'll level like a DPS, but you can go into a tank stance and do less damage and have more health. With a bunch of self heals.

We're all trying to figure out what's better though, more health or more defense? I think Pyros said it a few pages ago - paladins (with a defense buff) will be better for getting shit done the first time. That will change to warrior once things are on farm and you're after speed. (and the Warrior is geared, obv)

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I'm going to go to sleep super early and wake up super early. Fuck staying up for this shit and risking it not even working. I'd rather be well rested and go late the next night(assuming it's even working then).
This. Going to sleep after I put my daughter to bed (7pm) and waking up early and cooking a nice breakfast and making a pot of coffee. Wife will be happy to have pancakes and I will be free to play for 4 hours while she goes on a run with the stroller.;

Roxette_sl

shitlord
...Going to sleep after I put my daughter to bed (7pm) and waking up early and cooking a nice breakfast and making a pot of coffee. Wife will be happy to have pancakes and I will be free to play for 4 hours while she goes on a run with the stroller.;
Ohhh... you are evil... very evil.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
The poopsocking that is going to happen in the next 72 hours is pretty silly, but to each their own!

I've asked Draegan via PM for a subforum for the game. We could use multiple threads for various classes, theorycrafting, ect.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hmm, just got an email from SE saying my code was from an EU site, even though it worked, and they've reset it and I need to enter everything on their site again.

Wondering if that's just from the first day of trying and it didn't work, and that when I did it again I did what they're asking me to do now.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm probably not going to get on until about 8am or so. Way too early to get up at 5, I do that shit enough Mon-Fri. I need to sleep in at least on the weekend gdammit.

Does anyone know if the new beta AMD Catalyst drivers cause an issue?