Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Just for boredom's sake: How could this launch have gone any worse? Only thing I can think of is having to reinstall after every server error code. As it is, the setup is pretty laughable:

1) No queue system! (hey, you guys hate waiting in a queue, THEY FIXED IT for ya lol)
2) Random disconnects while zoning
3) No grace period to immediately log back in

And what makes it exponentially worse:
4) No AFK timer to boot people. Noone is logging out on purpose now, for fear of not getting back on.

Well the problem will eventually fix itself as less and less folks log in. I guarantee they won't have this problem 1 day after the sub gets billed :p

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I wonder if the financial situation at Square Enix, and the amount they've already spent on this game making it twice is a major contributing factor to them not wanting to over invest in server hardware/infrastructure.

I bet they went cheap on the hardware, too, to save cash

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Another fucking disconnect while entering a city (I was running in this time instead of "returning). Never got disconnected once from game before today. Happened every time I got on today within a few minutes. Getting pretty fucking annoyed now....

Faddor_sl

shitlord
Just for boredom's sake: How could this launch have gone any worse? Only thing I can think of is having to reinstall after every server error code. As it is, the setup is pretty laughable:

1) No queue system! (hey, you guys hate waiting in a queue, THEY FIXED IT for ya lol)
2) Random disconnects while zoning
3) No grace period to immediately log back in

And what makes it exponentially worse:
4) No AFK timer to boot people. Noone is logging out on purpose now, for fear of not getting back on.

Well the problem will eventually fix itself as less and less folks log in. I guarantee they won't have this problem 1 day after the sub gets billed :p
They could've pulled the same shit they did on FFXI, and straight up FORCED us onto what were prior-to-launch-day JP only servers, and old ones with high level characters at that.

Frankly, I'm surprised they didn't find some way to make us a minority again this time, other than tanking our servers of course.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
They could've pulled the same shit they did on FFXI, and straight up FORCED us onto what were prior-to-launch-day JP only servers, and old ones with high level characters at that.

Frankly, I'm surprised they didn't find some way to make us a minority again this time, other than tanking our servers of course.
Oh god I remember that. Also when I cancelled 2 days after installing, they removed the remaining 28 days 'included' time from my subscription when FF11 was first launched in NA. I SE still does that, knowing their horrible accounting.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
Yeah I am surprised they didn't require a gold world pass to get on a specific server. TBH that would have been better than just locking it completely and screwing over those that wanted to play together.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
And according to the launcher, NA/EU servers are coming down at 9pm pst for an hour and a half update anyway.

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
10:28 PM ESTupdate:

Login Limitation After Emergency Maintenance (Aug. 25): Follow-up 4

As we previously announced, we are continuing to limit the number of logins in order to address the high server load. We are slowly lifting the login restriction, so if you are currently unable to login, please try again at a later time.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing everyone, but we would like to ask for your continued cooperation to make this a stable environment.

TLDR: Go fuck yourself, part 4

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol thought I would take a nap and maybe see if anything changed, nope. I've heard of gated content, but to actually gate access to your service,AFTER allowing those you are gating in for a few days. I am just flabbergasted. The complete silence all day is just as bad.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I would imagine they aren't doing the gating intentionally to fuck over people, but that they just went a retard-level server infrastructure that simply cannot handle the load that has been placed on them. WHich, much like WoW's first few days, should have been anticipated weeks in advance. Except at least Blizzard recovered fairly quickly, SE is having a week's worth of overload at this point. Over a million pre-orders from NA for ARR, and they probably have a couple hundred K online at max before you can't log in. Absolutely retarded.

Erumaron

ResetEra Staff Member
The real reason to cancel your pre-order (early access still works if you do, by the way).

rrr_img_41575.png

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The most amusing thing so far was a voice actor pronouncing the name "Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn" in what sounded like bad text-to-speech.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm cool they are trying to maximize population and attempting to ensure they don't open a bunch of servers that will be ghost towns that will just have to wait for consolidation but not having a queue is stupid. I don't care if i'm the 2017th person in line, I can at least go do something and time my login.