Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya, main quest will take you to all of the cities so you can pick up other classes then. Game is definitely a wow rehash, but a fun one - and once you're able to play - an addicting one. Obviously, or today wouldn't have annoyed me so much.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah once I found that out, I have been concentrating on doing the main quest, along with my class quest that opened up at 15. Thanks for your help dudes.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dang I just logged in after patching on my desktop (and not being able to get in all morning on my laptop) and I set the game to fullscreen.....and it crashes. lol.

Threelions_sl

shitlord
The main quest I found also gives a pretty outrageous amount of EXP for just walking around and talking to people. I recommend binding in Lomisa Losa(SP?) so as soon as you're done visiting in Uldan for the 3 cities quest. You can recall back to Lomisa for the next part of that quest without figuring out how to get back to the airship.

Roxby

Lord Nagafen Raider
Servers are down for maint until 10:30 PM PST

Main quest also unlocks, daily quests, chocobo riding, most of the other stuff you miss at the start.

Also at level 10 you can get the other jobs, which if leveled to level 2 can give you secondary skills. Like I run with a cure from a conj on my main job at all times.

You can get every trade skill too. No limits like wow, just have to level them all which takes longer.

Slacker242

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can take the server issues. I got to 15 with 3 different classes between P4 and EA. Did it suck that I couldn't log in and play as much as I wanted? Sure. Like a lot of people here, I can deal with it.

What annoys me are the little things. Being able to do a quest and then not being able to turn in the quest until a certain level is one of the dumbest things I have ever encountered in an MMO. That and my wife stopping at every fucking body of water to fish. I will admit that fishing is fun, but sometimes I would like to pass over a bridge to go complete a hunting log and not stop and fish. Is that too much to ask???

Saban_sl

shitlord
I can take the server issues. I got to 15 with 3 different classes between P4 and EA. Did it suck that I couldn't log in and play as much as I wanted? Sure. Like a lot of people here, I can deal with it.

What annoys me are the little things. Being able to do a quest and then not being able to turn in the quest until a certain level is one of the dumbest things I have ever encountered in an MMO. That and my wife stopping at every fucking body of water to fish. I will admit that fishing is fun, but sometimes I would like to pass over a bridge to go complete a hunting log and not stop and fish. Is that too much to ask???
Divorce.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man, shit load of pages since I read this thread during the last maintenance. I was able to play the entire time and instances even worked. I couldn't figure out why my brother-in-law sent me a picture of his cancellation, but I guess that explains it.

As far as the game, not sure I love the bard class. Seems very limiting. But I haven't played it in a group yet and I've only got the one song.

i read that conj was hard to level. so far im 14 and the game has been pretty damn easy. all the main quests and class quests were easy as well as long as you didnt stand in front of aoe and cast the occasional heal. guess it was a bunch of wow retards or does the game change signifcantly 20+?

Taloo_sl

shitlord
So anyways seen it a few times. You can get to any city whenever the fuck you please. I mean I know the map isn't super awesome and all but for fucks sake there's a boat to pirate city in a zone that god damn borders Ul'Dah. It's not even that dangerous and you don't travel through any "high level" zones.

Of course you apparently can't change class till level 10 in 2.0. So why bother when the five levels takes like two hours. Just irritated me.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not yet, been really easy so far up to 30. My 30 stuff was a joke. 30 thm was kill a boss that was tanked by 4 midgets and blm job quest was kill 3 mobs.