Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Venetir_sl

shitlord
So a couple things I found while grinding away this weekend (not sure if posted, but just for information sake) just random off the top of my head in case others did not know:

1) To get your actual chocobo companion to fight along side with you, it is unlocked via a quest at level 30 from a quest giver in camp tranquil- it is *not* however a story-line quest, but one near the story quest givers.
2) WHM needs arcanist to 15 and conj to 30 for sure
3) Monk im not 100% sure, but I know I had lancer to 15/pugilist to 30 and marauder only to 10 and was able to pick the quest up- uses LNC/PUG/MRD skills
3) Get some lentils and chestnuts off the market board cheap or make it if you are a culinarian; you need it for a story line quest piece
4) hitting 0 on your keypad during the character log-in page will let you spam logging in if you keep getting the errors but you know others are logging in

Anyways- if this helps someone, then great. I know the weekend has been frustrating but I'm still having a decent enough time.

Syringed_sl

shitlord
Just cancelled my pre-order as well. I really do want to like this game but I'm not wasting the first free month to repeatedly click at a log-in screen to maybe get access to a queue. As I stated before, they had two years to pull their heads out of their asses.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
i was kinda iffy on multiclssing when they announced it for EQN. now i am sold on it. i love it. no more alts man.
Really? I mean, to each their own, and I definitely like my wow alts, but man...when my FFXI friends told me about the multiclassing...No extra rep grinds, your main is always around to grab gear for alt specs, tradeskills all leveled up.

Everything consolidated on one character, ESPECIALLY the character that everyone associates you with most is the best damn thing I can imagine. I assume you just had no experience with it?

I've always had alts since EQ - Boxed a clr/enc in planes + time (Rathe Council was a fucking bitch, tyvm) while also keeping a druid and rogue max level and planar flagged to check for spawns. x4 flags can get fucked. Having to keep an enc/clr at appropriate gear level can also get fucked. (Admittedly, multiclassing does not do anything for a dual boxer but meh.)

My alts in wow are to supplement my main. I hate relying on other people for tradeskills etc. The idea that I can have just ONE character and she does everything has always been amazing.

The separate "vaults" for your specific things are sooo good. It was one of the biggest things I loved about GW2. Yea, FFXIV is essentially a wow rehash, but it's a rehash that was able to incorporate other things people liked from wow, from GW2, etc. I like the fate encounters, for instance.

The only issues I've had have been logging on (Which hasn't been super frustrating since I am working OT this weekend) and rubberbanding issues while in game.

Otherwise the game looks gorgeous, plays well, and the idea of what's to come has kept me extremely motivated. I loved GW2 for the way it looked and played, but there were a few restrictions (plus the fact that the pvp queues were borked for fucking ever and I could never pvp despite the fact I'd joined PRX to do so) that made me eventually just give up. I'm more excited for FFXIV, and more excited to see what I can get up. That's different.

So let me log the fuck on already. =(

Just cancelled my pre-order as well. I really do want to like this game but I'm not wasting the first free month to repeatedly click at a log-in screen to maybe get access to a queue. As I stated before, they had two years to pull their heads out of their asses.
see ya

Really? I mean, to each their own, and I definitely like my wow alts, but man...when my FFXI friends told me about the multiclassing...No extra rep grinds, your main is always around to grab gear for alt specs, tradeskills all leveled up.

Everything consolidated on one character, ESPECIALLY the character that everyone associates you with most is the best damn thing I can imagine. I assume you just had no experience with it?

I've always had alts since EQ - Boxed a clr/enc in planes + time (Rathe Council was a fucking bitch, tyvm) while also keeping a druid and rogue max level and planar flagged to check for spawns. x4 flags can get fucked. Having to keep an enc/clr at appropriate gear level can also get fucked. (Admittedly, multiclassing does not do anything for a dual boxer but meh.)

My alts in wow are to supplement my main. I hate relying on other people for tradeskills etc. The idea that I can have just ONE character and she does everything has always been amazing.

The separate "vaults" for your specific things are sooo good. It was one of the biggest things I loved about GW2. Yea, FFXIV is essentially a wow rehash, but it's a rehash that was able to incorporate other things people liked from wow, from GW2, etc. I like the fate encounters, for instance.

The only issues I've had have been logging on (Which hasn't been super frustrating since I am working OT this weekend) and rubberbanding issues while in game.

Otherwise the game looks gorgeous, plays well, and the idea of what's to come has kept me extremely motivated. I loved GW2 for the way it looked and played, but there were a few restrictions (plus the fact that the pvp queues were borked for fucking ever and I could never pvp despite the fact I'd joined PRX to do so) that made me eventually just give up. I'm more excited for FFXIV, and more excited to see what I can get up. That's different.

So let me log the fuck on already. =(
i wasnt even sure how it worked. i guess i never really thought about it but god damn its awesome. i guess ive got so used to making alts its somehow embedded into my enjoyment of mmos. never again man. like you said, the one char people associate you with can do it all. most logical idea ever, should have been done a long time ago.

the fate things are awesome btw. i love the coop thats involved and its great there is no such thing as KSing. now everyone can jump in and help.

usually people cancel preorders because the gameplay is terrible, not because of server problems before launch. guess people gotta bitch about something. its for the best tho, noone likes playing with whiners. if this was actual release i can maybe see you getting a little upset but welcome to mmos launches.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
so where do i grind fates after i outlevel costa del sol (east la noscea) area?
Not sure if they have a lot of fates, but Coerthas and Mor Dhona are pretty much the higher level areas, you can access them from the shroud. Northern Thanalan is also 40-50, there's a few more areas around the maps but I don't believe they'll have fates(shit like areas around the entrance to the primals and what not, there's a few on every map).

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
usually people cancel preorders because the gameplay is terrible, not because of server problems before launch. guess people gotta bitch about something. its for the best tho, noone likes playing with whiners. if this was actual release i can maybe see you getting a little upset but welcome to mmos launches.
It's easy to have that attitude when you've been playing all day. If you were locked out for the past 12+ hours, you'd be complaining too.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are the NA/EU still down for maintenance, or is this just another period of shitty service?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not sure if they have a lot of fates, but Coerthas and Mor Dhona are pretty much the higher level areas, you can access them from the shroud. Northern Thanalan is also 40-50, there's a few more areas around the maps but I don't believe they'll have fates(shit like areas around the entrance to the primals and what not, there's a few on every map).
That snowy zone (west end of North Shroud to get to it) has a bunch of high 30's to high 40's FATEs.

It's easy to have that attitude when you've been playing all day. If you were locked out for the past 12+ hours, you'd be complaining too.
i played 3 hours today. had to work unfortunetly
frown.png

You got me beat! And I was off today
frown.png
the way i see it is, we really didnt pay any extra money for early access. if anything it was just more time for them to get some bugs out. well see what happens at actual launch. its better for this shit to get ironed out now. all the people starting at launch should pay tribute to our sacrifice.